Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Not that they have a large say, but Anon went from asking protesters to not be violent to calling it a revolution. God I hope people don't actually start fighting back they'd get slaughtered.

The same account? Anon isn't exactly well-organized.

The reporter on the radio stream sounds really upset/terrified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

I mean I know it's not legal and it's been going on in poor areas forever, but it's on video and all over the internet. Why isn't there a federal response? Why isn't the Governor of MO doing something? It's obvious the police are provoking this.

There is a Federal response. Executive-branch agencies are applying pressure on St. Louis institutions. Nixon has been doing something: he's been pressuring County to get this poo poo taken care of before he has to do something. County's running the show tonight, and they're too incompetent to know that, "I don't give a poo poo how, make it disappear" means "You loving idiots, I'm trying to run for national office and so motherfucking help you god if you gently caress that up."

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

axeil posted:

"Where are the politicians at? They want the black votes but they're not out here"

Good point.

Fuckin' A-right.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Fried Chicken posted:

He isn't posting about the president. Jay Nixon is the governor of Missouri dude.

Sounds to me like he's talking about the president for some reason:

My Imaginary GF posted:

Don't call Obama weak when he's the strongest President since Nixon.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Rollofthedice posted:

There's gonna be a ton of negative press over this, this is too well-recorded and insane and big to go unnoticed. Whether anything's done about it in the long run is a different story entirely. Probably nothing, knowing the US' history with this stuff

Fascists are already talking about how they had to do it because a bottle was thrown.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
This stream is awesome but the chat is all racist shitheads.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

axeil posted:

Gotta bust in some heads to show the community you mean business.

"Stop resisting"

*beats people running away*

"you heard me say stop resisting right?"

MonkeyOnFire
Jun 3, 2004
I LOVE MONKEYS
"They tryin' t'box us in?" In the middle of a loving neighborhood. Jeezus.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

D_I posted:

The chat is America

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Spiritus Nox posted:

Can't get over the police telling people to disperse while cutting off their avenues of escape.

Zeitgueist posted:

This is fairly standard. They do this on purpose.

Yeah, that's how you terrify someone into doing something that's an excuse to escalate.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

D_I posted:

Just people trying to incite reactions.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

axeil posted:

The same account? Anon isn't exactly well-organized.

The reporter on the radio stream sounds really upset/terrified.

Good catch. This was @AnonyPress not @TheAnonMessage

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Not that they have a large say, but Anon went from asking protesters to not be violent to calling it a revolution. God I hope people don't actually start fighting back they'd get slaughtered.

maybe if a few white cops die someone will care

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Stream guy said they only have 10 minutes of battery left after police fired upon them.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Petr posted:

Sounds to me like he's talking about the president for some reason:

In that context, yes. Strength is getting the results you want without taking any of the blame. For the other posts? Governor J. Nixon, of no relation, who has only recently come to terms that he won't be able to run for President in 2016.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Don't worry, that whole township probably has all of a break-action shotgun and two .380 pistols in it

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...
Wesley Lowery got a hold of his video in the McDonalds

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/national/post-reporter-detained-in-ferguson/2014/08/13/b0fc5720-2354-11e4-8b10-7db129976abb_video.html

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Every person and information feed should cease calling them police and just refer to them exclusively as terrorists.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Javes posted:

With situations like this seemingly on the rise I'm thankful for the 2nd amendment.

This is adorable.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

God drat.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Radio stream has officially died.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Play pretend, paranoid whites; collect an endless panoply of weapons that you'll never need to use. You literally are the police.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Nightvision stream died. His power supply, apparently damaged by a rubber bullet, finally gave out.

poo poo like that is exactly why I have a hard time calling rubber bullets "non-lethal".

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Being told to turn off cameras again. Heh.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Alkydere posted:

Nightvision stream died. His power supply, apparently damaged by a rubber bullet, finally gave out.

poo poo like that is exactly why I have a hard time calling rubber bullets "non-lethal".
No kidding...pretty sure tons have died to rubber bullets by this point

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Alkydere posted:

Are there any streams still going? The :tinfoil: in me is wondering if the cops tried to hit all the cameras they could so no one can see what they're about to do.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Any streams still going? Or is this the part where we go to bed and hope we don't wake up with half the loving town dead?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

axeil posted:

Are there any streams still going? The :tinfoil: in me is wondering if the cops tried to hit all the cameras they could so no one can see what they're about to do.

This one is:

http://fox2now.com/on-air/live-streaming-2/

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

NEVERMIND.

http://fox2now.com/on-air/live-streaming-2/ is also up but it's pretty non-informative.

EDIT: I thought it was going but it just started over. My bad.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Zeitgueist posted:

This is adorable.

You joke but I saw at least one twitter slapfight yesterday around that topic

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

axeil posted:

I don't think you need tinfoil for that one, they called for media to leave and the cameras to be turned off before they launched a cloud of teargas at the protesters.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Arrgytehpirate posted:

NEVERMIND.

http://fox2now.com/on-air/live-streaming-2/ is also up but it's pretty non-informative.

EDIT: I thought it was going but it just started over. My bad.

Looks like Fox 2 is the only one working now. Guess if poo poo's about to go down tonight they're gonna win a Pulitzer as they're the only ones who will be able to get it on camera.

Anyone tweeting about it?

InflateableFerret
Dec 1, 2005

I pooped my pants

That cop had such a huge "justice" boner from trying to empty out a McDonalds that he arrested a reporter? Also, what the gently caress was up with that uniform? I wouldn't have been able to tell that was a police officer and not a soldier if it wasn't for the POLICE on his uniform.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The police is telling everyone to turn off their cameras. poo poo might be going down.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Zeke Miller raised a good point on twitter: every NDAA for the last decade has included funding for surplus transfers to local PDs, so there's roughly a 100% chance that your representative voted to fund this.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

InflateableFerret posted:

That cop had such a huge "justice" boner from trying to empty out a McDonalds that he arrested a reporter? Also, what the gently caress was up with that uniform? I wouldn't have been able to tell that was a police officer and not a soldier if it wasn't for the POLICE on his uniform.
Sadly this is very common now. And a lot of times the 'police' part is deliberately obscured or just not there at all.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

this is some straight up occupy oakland poo poo, holy gently caress

need some medics out there probably

Gargield
Aug 15, 2006

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Video of WaPo reporter being arrested at McDonalds

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/national/post-reporter-detained-in-ferguson/2014/08/13/b0fc5720-2354-11e4-8b10-7db129976abb_video.html

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

edit: nevermind confused the video of the WaPo reporter being arrested, with the fox live stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The brother of the future VP trolling pretty hard here.

• Locked thread