Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Infowars man has claimed Vice News and his fellow companion were being flashbanged and teargassed by the police as they're hiding in the same vehicle, and they can't leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Looks like a loving war zone. I've never even heard of Ferguson before this poo poo, why does some random town I've never hear of before have it's own loving army*?

Are those state police assisting or is this all their local pd?

*Semi-rhetorical, I know the answer is, because America.

This is County PD, Ferguson doesn't have this level of equipment.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Cops on the stream joking with each other. "Man I had search team out looking for you! Thought they got you!" *both have a hearty chuckle.*

Well, I'm glad someone made it out okay

That wasn't a cop joking with another cop. That was a cop joking with the Fox News reporter.

Gargield
Aug 15, 2006

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Neo Duckberg posted:

Made it to the action. At QT right now. Tear gs and flash bangs used a lot. I'm next to KSDK

be safe man

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Are any tv news stations other than MSNBC covering this?

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Fox 2 shut down now. Producer "Pack it up we're leaving we're gonna get out of their way."

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

For better or worse, is there a late night or 24/7 political talk station in STL or MO in general?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Infowars man has claimed Vice News and his fellow companion were being flashbanged and teargassed by the police as they're hiding in the same vehicle, and they can't leave.

My mind is sorta blown that Infowars of all places is doing decent reporting on this.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 619 days!

Stultus Maximus posted:

This is County PD, Ferguson doesn't have this level of equipment.

Still, I just looked the place up, only 20,000 odd people, not exactly a big city.

How badly do you have to gently caress up to have this go down in a small city like this? Are people coming in from out of town?

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program
Alex Jones guy back on, talking again

http://www.ustream.tv/realalexjones

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Still, I just looked the place up, only 20,000 odd people, not exactly a big city.

How badly do you have to gently caress up to have this go down in a small city like this? Are people coming in from out of town?

Most likely, looting was on Sunday.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Protestors, definitely.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Harlock posted:

For better or worse, is there a late night or 24/7 political talk station in STL or MO in general?

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/newsradio-1120-kmox

If the Cardinals game is over, yeah.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
The impression I'm getting, basically, is that these cops have no idea what they are doing and no plan. What a colossal fuckup.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Fox2 feed just ran an interview with the Mayor who genuinely asked that asked that anyone with information would, gosh, just share those videos and information.

Then ended with "Well we're being told that news crews are being asked to leave the area. We'll be back with a look at sports."

Yah, that's hard hitting journalism.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

axeil posted:

My mind is sorta blown that Infowars of all places is doing decent reporting on this.

tell me about it

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Harlock posted:

Hot 104.1 has been taking callers most of the past few days, I'd post a link but I'm at work now.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Some insane person is posting Elliot Rodgers' manifesto in the chat.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

showbiz_liz posted:

The impression I'm getting, basically, is that these cops have no idea what they are doing and no plan. What a colossal fuckup.

"IF WE THREATEN THEM ENOUGH THEY'LL GO AWAY JUST LIKE IN MY ACTION MOVIES!" :downs:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

showbiz_liz posted:

Ordering reporters to turn off their cameras and then gassing them? Yeah, that is a special kind of incompetence. There is literally nothing more you can do to guarantee national coverage than attack reporters.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

http://instagram.com/p/rpoeavJr8P/

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
http://boingboing.net/2014/08/13/ferguson-live-video-streams-o.html/bu9u0ruciae4yxc

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Ferguson is a suburb of St. Louis, part of a metropolitan area of about 1 million people, and a city that is directly surrounded, border to border, with several dozen other cities of all similar sizes.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

Ordering reporters to turn off their cameras and then gassing them? Yeah, that is a special kind of incompetence.

IF IT WORKED IN EGYPT IT CAN WORK HERE! :downs:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

showbiz_liz posted:

Sounds like their plan is to turtle up and enjoy swinging their giant metal dicks around until the media forgets and the protestors get scared off. Time will tell if modern streaming is robust enough to undermine this cunning gambit.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Hell yeah, Infowars is back. They are going to rescue a fellow infowars reporter trapped in a car with a VICE reporter.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

axeil posted:

"IF WE THREATEN THEM ENOUGH THEY'LL GO AWAY JUST LIKE IN MY ACTION MOVIES!" :downs:

Press F to intimidate civillians

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

This is going to be the biggest civil rights suit ever.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

What the gently caress

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also, the late st louis newscasts are on

http://www.kmov.com/home/KMOV-Live-Stream-129813793.html

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Hell yeah, Infowars is back. They are going to rescue a fellow infowars reporter trapped in a car with a VICE reporter.

that sounds extremely dangerous

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Cesar Cedeno posted:

The white folks in Ferguson live in several small and clearly identified housing clusters. These clusters have very restricted access and, more often than not, have either a (white) cop who lives on the block, or are more frequently patrolled than other neighborhoods. Often, residents living in these clusters will tell you how much they feel like they're under seige, and how scared they are for their safety. And why not? They have no connection with their neighbors. They don't live in the same social world as the other residents. They go to separate schools. They drive on different roads. The police are there to protect their interests.

The protestors? They live there. They don't feel like the police protect them. And why should they?

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Franks Happy Place posted:

Haha nope.

This is honestly tamer than the 60's, even if the tech is newer.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Zeitgueist posted:

Haha nope.

This is honestly tamer than the 60's, even if the tech is newer.

The tech is entirely the point.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I think I'm sitting next to the infowars guys

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

The tech is entirely the point.

Well the protester's tech, sure.

The police tech is stuff they've had for years.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Neo Duckberg posted:

I don't see any big shaggy dogs

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

There's pretty much no recourse through the legal system.

You could try to pursue wrongful arrest charges in civil court, if you're actually arrested, but even in that case it's a multi-year process where you'd need a lawyer to like your case enough to front the cost of his time. It would then be an agreement where he'd get up to X amount of your settlement, where X is likely way more than you'd actually end up receiving in damages. Basically you need a fairy godfather who, four years down the road, would walk away with with the payout.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Neo Duckberg posted:

If you're the VICE guy trapped in a car don't worry. 2 infowars and like 2 locals are coming to save you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Zeitgueist posted:

Well the protester's tech, sure.

The police tech is stuff they've had for years.

Don't think they had LRAD's in the 60s.

• Locked thread