Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He spends the first quarter of the book writing like a literal retard so it might hit too close to home for you

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Kelfeftaf posted:

you're thinking of as i lay dying. the rogen/mcbride masterpiece hasn't been released yet

Oh, I didn't bother actually seeing what he was quoting and just assumed.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm actually real smart thanks.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

zoux posted:

Does Faulkner write like a normal human being or does he invert all his n's or some bullshit quirk that I'll hate?

if you think cormac mccarthy is pretentious poo poo, you probably won't like faulkner

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm reading Borges' Collected Fictions and yes

Borges is kinda spergy though

He collected fictions are basically him going "Hey isn't this idea neat?" and then forgetting to add characters.

Julio Cortazar is pretty pimp tho

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kelfeftaf posted:

if you think cormac mccarthy is pretentious poo poo, you probably won't like faulkner

I don't think that I just think his refusal to use quotation marks is irritating.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He spends the first quarter of the book writing like a literal retard so it might hit too close to home for you

#shrekt

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

i cant believe james franco is actually making the sound and the fury in to a movie where he plays benjy

and seth rogen and danny mcbride are also in it.

he also tried making blood meridian in to a movie.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
franco is/was trying to film an adaptation of blood meridian. danny mcbride as judge holden? seth rogen as toadvine?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

this_is_hard posted:

i cant believe james franco is actually making the sound and the fury in to a movie where he plays benjy

and seth rogen and danny mcbride are also in it.

he also tried making blood meridian in to a movie.

I would be ok with him making a blood meridian movie if he ends up getting raped to death

Not in the movie, just in general

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Kelfeftaf posted:

franco is/was trying to film an adaptation of blood meridian. danny mcbride as judge holden? seth rogen as toadvine?

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Judge Holden.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

JebanyPedal posted:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Judge Holden.
Starring Kevin James as Judge Holden and Adam Sandler as The Kid

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

someone needs to kill franco before he can get his hands on blood meridian.

also the only directors fit to make cormac mccarthy movies are the coen bros

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
i'm not going to bother watching this, but haha: http://www.indiewire.com/article/watch-james-franco-releases-the-25-minute-test-reel-he-made-for-blood-meridian-20140721

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
james franco is historys greatest monster

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

someone needs to kill franco before he can get his hands on blood meridian.

also the only directors fit to make cormac mccarthy movies are the coen bros

I would watch Lars Von Trier do Blood Meridian

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i loving hate james franco

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Kelfeftaf posted:

michael cera as the kid

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mel Mudkiper posted:

blood meridian gets so loving weird at the end that its almost like an alejandro jodordowsky film

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

ok yeah. or herzog would work

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think yall are jealous that James Franco is like waaaay more educated than yall.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I'm finishing up Child of God this week. Then I'll likely watch the movie while the book is fresh in my mind.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. I am talking to you, specifically, James Franco. No, wait, what are you doing. No, don't adapt my novels. No noooooo” - Kurt Vonnegut

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

unless it was like an HBO miniseries i can't imagine fitting all of blood meridian in to a movie. also it would be impossible to get rated

seeing the comanche scene on film would be amazing if done right

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

or herzog would work

ffffffffuuuuccccckkkkk

Frostwerks posted:

its almost like an alejandro jodordowsky film

FFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mel Mudkiper posted:

ffffffffuuuuccccckkkkk

FFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

is this a good gently caress or a bad gently caress i need to know

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Frostwerks posted:

All fucks are good fucks if you just relax

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

a hole-y ghost posted:

Starring Kevin James as Judge Holden and Adam Sandler as The Kid

I would like to watch that actually.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

the guy who plays Varys on game of thrones would make a good judge holden if he were like 3 feet taller and albino

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Frostwerks posted:

Alejandro Jodorowsky's Blood Meridian.

It hurts that it will never happen.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Meet The Spartans 2: Cormac Mccarthy's Blood Meridian

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

Alejandro Jodorowsky's Blood Meridian.

It hurts that it will never happen.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
If he can learn Spanish in order to write it in his book, then the least I can do is learn Spanish in order to read it.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

This Is the End 2: The Road featuring Jonah Hill as the man and Michael Cera as the boy

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

AngusPodgorny posted:

If he can learn Spanish in order to write it in his book, then the least I can do is learn Spanish in order to read it.
lol like they isn't a huge population in the world that speaks spanish + english to some degree.

he wrote the b ook in english,... now i have to learn the language to read the book??? what the gently caress

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
wait james franco already did a cormac mccarthy adaptation wtf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_of_God_%28film%29

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kelfeftaf posted:

wait james franco already did a cormac mccarthy adaptation wtf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_of_God_%28film%29

surprise it was really bad

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
franco is a loving fool if he wants to make blood meridian into a film. the mpaa would tear him a new rear end in a top hat. he needs to take his loving hands off of good poo poo and stick to shoving them up his rear end in a top hat. Make it an HBO mini if you want to do it. Goddamn.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Frostwerks posted:

franco is a loving fool if he wants to make blood meridian into a film. the mpaa would tear him a new rear end in a top hat. he needs to take his loving hands off of good poo poo and stick to shoving them up his rear end in a top hat. Make it an HBO mini if you want to do it. Goddamn.

hes a more hosed up version of uwe boll, instead of ruining goofy video games hes ruining brilliant literature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

hes a more hosed up version of uwe boll, instead of ruining goofy video games hes ruining brilliant literature
how is that more hosed up? video games are better than literature :smuggo:

• Locked thread