Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I do this at work fairly often for throwaway stuff because it has a smaller memory footprint than vista/7

Buuut, in order to install the xenserver tools you need .NET 4, which you need Windows Installer 3.1 to install. but you can't download it from the MSDN because they dropped support for IE6 so you can't click the download links.

also the Bing! homepage makes IE6 crash

IE6's https implementation is so old it can't connect to mozilla.org

I find this all very amusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

oh it's actually msn.com that crashes IE6. same difference because it's the default homepage lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i wish this thread would have crashed your browser so you couldn't have posted it!!!! heh!!!!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

same

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

I do this at work fairly often for throwaway stuff because it has a smaller memory footprint than vista/7

Memory is cheap as poo poo and if your workplace is too cheap to get more you need to ditch that zero and get yourself a hero.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Silver Alicorn posted:

...they dropped support for IE6 so you can't click the download links.

what applications in 2014 require ie6?? I always hear poo poo like this, "oh they need [old as hell version of IE] because some web app they use requires it," but what the heck is actually going on there

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I had a CJ at a hospital smugly tell me that it wasn't his fault our product wouldn't work on their computers, he made sure they only had IE7. I was like "no, we don't support that old poo poo". He seemed to be used to vendors only supporting old poo poo. :wtf:

that was in May.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

RZA Encryption posted:

I had a CJ at a hospital smugly tell me that it wasn't his fault our product wouldn't work on their computers, he made sure they only had IE7. I was like "no, we don't support that old poo poo". He seemed to be used to vendors only supporting old poo poo. :wtf:

that was in May.

:wtc:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

RZA Encryption posted:

that was in May.

welp

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

the company i work at's web-based ~enterprise software~ is supported on firefox :eng101: firefox 3 that is :eng99:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Silver Alicorn posted:

I find this all very amusing
whoa an unsupported operating system isn't supported by websites either you say? :aaaaa:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

jony ive aces posted:

whoa an unsupported operating system isn't supported by websites either you say? :aaaaa:

my 13 year old copy of OS X 10.1 doesn't work, steeeeeeve!!!!!!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

my 13 year old copy of OS X 10.1 doesn't work, steeeeeeve!!!!!!

all copies of os x 10.1 have departed the earth to be at steves side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

oh yeah I didn't finish updating that XP install until right before I left work lmao

idk how much use it's gonna get but it's there just in case. we still have a lot of windows XP machines.

• Locked thread