Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

wocobob posted:

That's just what fed Rengars do, isn't it? Double Q+Hydra+E+W does a pretty good job of erasing any individual squishy.

No, he is talking about rengar doing actually -2^31 damage based on the damage report and 1 shotting turrets and people.

Kinda similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKLEJKEikUc

edit::smuggo:

AParadox fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Methanar posted:

You can do better than that.

Frankly you're right I was going to have a really funny ironic tantrum I'm just not very funny

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz

wocobob posted:

That's just what fed Rengars do, isn't it? Double Q+Hydra+E+W does a pretty good job of erasing any individual squishy.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/de/#match-details/EUW1/1621822293/33780134

Look at the damage numbers on Rengar. I think this is what he's talking about. Here's a video of Kog'Maw doing something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKLEJKEikUc

Edit: Beaten with the same Youtube link!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

The Mash posted:

Welcome, friend, to the best team. At some point you owe it to yourself to rush Brutalizer first item and then just laugh and laugh and laugh when a double-up bounce does 30% of the enemy ADCs health.

Since you are the resident Fortune expert, what would you say the ideal six-item build is on her? Normally I would just check Probuilds, but literally zero pro players play MF regularly, which I think is kind of ridiculous but I understand why because she just gets picked off relentlessly in pro play.

The way I look at Marksman builds generally are that I want:

1x Life Steal Item
1x Item that builds out of a Zeal
1x Last Whisper
1x Infinity Edge
1x Defensive Item
1x Zerker Greaves unless I'm doing some kind of CDR Gimmick or playing against a 4 hard CC team and then I might build treads.

So far I've been doing

1) Doran's into a second Doran's or a Vamp Scepter then Infinity Edge first.
2) I usually finish the Scepter into Essence Reaver because I think that actually works best of all the Lifesteal items for fortune, it gives her a non-trivial amount of CDR which gets the ult ready about right on time for team fight o'clock on cooldown.
3) Last Whisper
4) Triforce because I don't really see how it's not automatically better than PD or SS for Fortune because she has the AP ratio and it has the highest movespeed which she really needs. That said, I could probably build it second, but then I wouldn't have the CDR From the reaver, I could swap the LS item to fourth and build a BT instead. It depends I guess.
5) Whatever defensive item best suits the threats on the enemy team.

If I had to build a Brutalizer/Ghostblade I don't know where I would fit it in, probably in the 2nd slot after the IE, but I always feel the same way about the Ghostblade and that's what do you cut from a full AD build to build it? Maybe the Triforce? I don't know.

Once I finished that six-item build IE/ER/LW/TF/BV/Boots, I felt like a massive beast.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I think mf benefits much more from bt than essence reaver. She has no mana issues past first few lvls and 10% cdr doesn't help much either, but 10% more lifesteal does a lot, while the shield is just gravy.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Nightblue is playing Gnar in the jungle right now and absolutely destroying. He's going straight tank because apparently you don't need items to do any damage in the Mega form.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

Nightblue is playing Gnar in the jungle right now and absolutely destroying. He's going straight tank because apparently you don't need items to do any damage in the Mega form.

This is what I suspected after watching Qtpie try to play him adc again and again last night. He just get wrecked when he goes full damage.

Speaking of qtpie, he's playing the League-killer on his stream right now: http://www.twitch.tv/imaqtpie

That or it's the visual update

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I've got a Rengar in this ARAM let's try to figure out what's doing it. I hope it's not Feral Flare, because I want to see people explode.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 14, 2014

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Colonel Squish posted:

This is what I suspected after watching Qtpie try to play him adc again and again last night. He just get wrecked when he goes full damage.

Speaking of qtpie, he's playing the League-killer on his stream right now: http://www.twitch.tv/imaqtpie

That or it's the visual update

That game is legit more fun than some other MOBAs

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Also you play against literal children

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
that game owns, I just watched a penguin running for its life against Ghost Fiora

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I guess there's a rush on the top lane fighter role in Team Builder because everyone wants to jerk themselves off with Gnar. I tried to find a game as Nasus. After literally fifteen minutes of waiting, I requeued as a different role just for a point of comparison. Instant pop.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Yeah, I was planning to start practicing Gangplank last night, but I guess I'll have to wait until next week.

Edit: Poulpe and I tried to start a Team Builder team last night as top and jungle. We literally couldn't find enough non-Gnars to fill the team.

Wol fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 14, 2014

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
2-3 weeks after a new champion release is the perfect time to practice any other role except that champion's role.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Wolery posted:

Edit: Poulpe and I tried to start a Team Builder team last night as top and jungle. We literally couldn't find enough non-Gnars to fill the team.

Last night while waiting in an (unsuccessful) team builder game, I saw at least one Gnar trying to join as a marksman. :v:

If there's one consolation, it's that all these merry bandwagon passengers are hurting each other as well via this pseudo-tragedy-of-the-commons deal.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
ARAM Rengar with Green Trinket was not exploding people.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
If anyone watches competitive Smash Brothers, you might be interested to watch Mango stream some League right now http://www.twitch.tv/mang0

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

JerryLee posted:

Last night while waiting in an (unsuccessful) team builder game, I saw at least one Gnar trying to join as a marksman. :v:

If there's one consolation, it's that all these merry bandwagon passengers are hurting each other as well via this pseudo-tragedy-of-the-commons deal.

I saw Gnar Support while trying to queue up last night. :colbert:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

A Stupid Baby posted:

as per request

im a little late on this, but thank you

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I'm kind of disappointed it's not a backwards ult. I remember at one point I had a really lovely laser mouse I had to get rid of that would sometimes randomly just spin the targeting all around because the receiver was bad. Led to some hilarious aiming.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

2-3 weeks after a new champion release is the perfect time to practice any other role except that champion's role.

I've asked for a gnar ban in every game of ranked I've played since yesterday; people seem to be pretty receptive, which is nice.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Veigar may be the most fun champ to get fed with in all of League of Legends. Watching an enemy team including a Talon Akali a Wukong and a Diana all stay at least 700 units away at all times because they're terrified is so much fun. I was 100-0'ing Akali with a single W+Q combo and just instantly deleting their Talon and Diana. 16/3/7 and the game only lasted 20 minutes.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

The old 'feed on your team, carry on the other team' adage very much holds true for Gnar, I'm finding. For every FOTW idiot who can't play him, there are idiots who can't avoid feeding him.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sharzak posted:

Veigar may be the most fun champ to get fed with in all of League of Legends. Watching an enemy team including a Talon Akali a Wukong and a Diana all stay at least 700 units away at all times because they're terrified is so much fun. I was 100-0'ing Akali with a single W+Q combo and just instantly deleting their Talon and Diana. 16/3/7 and the game only lasted 20 minutes.

I had a game yesterday where our AD tried to step up and duel a fed Veigar late game and got erased in 0.5 seconds which lost us the game because then they just mowed down our mid lane towers/base. He immediately raged at the rest of us for not engaging (we were all positioning and setting up vision for Baron when he decided to duel Veigar in the mid-lane 1v1 about 50 Teemos away from us). Why would anyone attempt to duel a fed Veigar? It was one of the most :riot: things I've seen in awhile. While they finished moping us up he was like "WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?!?" and I was like "If that Veigar is on your screen, you are too close to him".

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sexpansion posted:

I've asked for a gnar ban in every game of ranked I've played since yesterday; people seem to be pretty receptive, which is nice.

This has literally been 'the meta' in pubbie queues forever. He'll stop getting banned when the 'pros' confirm he isn't top tier or something.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mikujin posted:

This has literally been 'the meta' in pubbie queues forever. He'll stop getting banned when the 'pros' confirm he isn't top tier or something.

It's not really that you don't want to play against him, it's that you don't want someone who has no idea what they're doing playing him on your team.

Luccion
Jun 14, 2008
Honestly, Gnar seems like a lovely Top Laner, but Nightblue has been killing it in the Jungle with him. Late game, as a tank, he's a CC monster and his passive seems to be active nearly 50% of the time once he's in the thick of a fight.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sharzak posted:

Veigar is hilarious because people think "Oh, I can just buy Banshee's and he's useless poo poo :smug:" and their ADC buys it, and then you Q them to get rid of Banshee's, then DFG Ult and 100-0 them with what is effectively 2 abilities. Dude's a loving beast if you get fed and farmed on him and nobody respects that on the few occasions you see Veigar picked.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

So I was playing a game yesterday where a Trist ult'd me literally halfway across the map. We were mid, and I ended up past dragon pit. rito please

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Shadow225 posted:

So I was playing a game yesterday where a Trist ult'd me literally halfway across the map. We were mid, and I ended up past dragon pit. rito please
Who were you playing as, and were you currently using a 'dashing' ability as you were hit? That bug was originally found when Xin Zhao used Audacious Strike against a Zed using Death Mark - it'd launch Zed backwards clean across the map. They claim it to be fixed, but looks like there's plenty of interactions they never accounted for.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

my pog boyfriend posted:

Veigar is hilarious because people think "Oh, I can just buy Banshee's and he's useless poo poo :smug:" and their ADC buys it, and then you Q them to get rid of Banshee's, then DFG Ult and 100-0 them with what is effectively 2 abilities. Dude's a loving beast if you get fed and farmed on him and nobody respects that on the few occasions you see Veigar picked.

Veigar is quite possibly the most annoying piece of poo poo champ in the game for me. I would rather lane against 1000 Teemos than see 1 more Veigar so I think I will probably take a break from league for a week when his new skin is released. Every single thing in his kit is stupid and assholish.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Shadow225 posted:

Ultimate peel.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Veigar is quite possibly the most annoying piece of poo poo champ in the game for me. I would rather lane against 1000 Teemos than see 1 more Veigar so I think I will probably take a break from league for a week when his new skin is released. Every single thing in his kit is stupid and assholish.

Whenever I get blown the gently caress up as ADC I just laugh it off because it really is hilarious to watch somebody instantly die, and getting into the state of mind where you don't care if it's you that instantly dies is a great way to avoid going on tilt over little things like that.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

notoriousman posted:

Who were you playing as, and were you currently using a 'dashing' ability as you were hit? That bug was originally found when Xin Zhao used Audacious Strike against a Zed using Death Mark - it'd launch Zed backwards clean across the map. They claim it to be fixed, but looks like there's plenty of interactions they never accounted for.

It wasn't backwards. It might be the same issue, but the problem was that during his dash, Xin wasn't actually "on the map", so Zed moved to his "position" which was basically undefined, so Zed would randomly show up SOMEWHERE on the map (sometimes in the enemy fountain!). Since Tristana does moves you in a line from her, it could be related or it could be something different.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

This is mesmerizing

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mikujin posted:

Into things at your workplace.

This is your fault. You triggered me.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
OK, a friend of mine is posting that he thinks Runaan's will be great on Gnar, because you can transform super quick even though you don't get the bonus attacks when you're Mega Gnar. I say it's not worth it. Am I crazy or is he crazy?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

theflyingorc posted:

OK, a friend of mine is posting that he thinks Runaan's will be great on Gnar, because you can transform super quick even though you don't get the bonus attacks when you're Mega Gnar. I say it's not worth it. Am I crazy or is he crazy?

It just seems like the dumbest idea to me. Triforce + BotRK is perfect with both parts of his kit. Why waste 2400 gold just for a quicker transform when you could get something that works with everything?

e: vvv yeah, true. both or one is fine it just depends on the situation. vvv

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 14, 2014

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Or why waste a billion gold on Triforce and Bork? Just build one and go full tank, I'm sure he'll be best built as one damage item bruiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm thinking I might try SotD on Alistar. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not.

• Locked thread