Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He shot JR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Dallas ice girls have a stage with club lighting and do a terrible event for rich north Dallas housewives called Hockey and Heels. I'd love to see that nonsense gone, if they insist on having them. Any kind of actual women's hockey or form skating would be very preferable.

I'm not in the target demographic, though for what it's worth.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Kwik posted:

Slut would be Swedish for finished.

I know that if you get the AHL online video package, unless it is a rare televised game, most games just use the in-arena video feed, and the home team audio call, which means a lot of slides and pictures with no context, and a fair bit of back-from-commercial cuing, and banter between the radio man and his support staff.

That's awesome, I wish Gamecentre did that instead of it's dumb message and song. All I'd like would be that with the ice during intermission so I can watch the little kids play their game. :3

E: I went to 7-11 but they don't have the magazine in yet, I'm going to go next week and see if it's arrived.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Spamtron7000 posted:

I am older than Jaromir Jagr but younger than Teemu Selanne.

:hfive:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Zamboni Jesus posted:

the ice bucket challenge thing might be dumb but wouldn't we all like to dump a bucket of ice water on gary bettman's head

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=49&id=629400&cmpid=nhl-twt

Bettman may be a hateful little corporate weasel but give him props for stepping up.

Now just waiting on Nonis and Carlyle.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Bettman has figured out the best way to get Burke to wash his greasy hair

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Rotten Cookies posted:

The fact that his default tactic for CBA negotiations is to hold a lockout is sort of damning. And somehow it always gets spun that the players are to blame, but that prolly has to do with how the North American populace feels about employees in general.

Bettman comes from the law firm of Proskauer Rose (who now represent all major NA sports leagues), who are notorious for being extremely anti-labour in ideology. I can't find the exact article now, but they are very interested in professional sports negotiations because they think of it as a good way to encourage anti-union sentiment.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Hand Knit posted:

Bettman comes from the law firm of Proskauer Rose (who now represent all major NA sports leagues), who are notorious for being extremely anti-labour in ideology. I can't find the exact article now, but they are very interested in professional sports negotiations because they think of it as a good way to encourage anti-union sentiment.

Oh, so triple-gently caress him, then.

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:
Guys, Ho-Sang can't even

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Zamboni Jesus posted:

none of the lockouts were a mess-up from the owners point-of-view

Yeah. NHL revenues have more than tripled since Bettman took over and the league now has a salary cap. Hateable sure, incompetent no.

Honestly I don't see how any sports league's commissioner isn't a hateable poo poo since their job is to make the owners as much money as possible

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

Guys, Ho-Sang can't even

atta boy

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeah. NHL revenues have more than tripled since Bettman took over and the league now has a salary cap. Hateable sure, incompetent no.

Honestly I don't see how any sports league's commissioner isn't a hateable poo poo since their job is to make the owners as much money as possible

Has that new crypt keeper that runs the nba piss anyone off yet? People seemed to love how he told Sterling to gtfo

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Fateo McMurray posted:

Has that new crypt keeper that runs the nba piss anyone off yet? People seemed to love how he told Sterling to gtfo

He's putting ads on the jerseys and raising the player age limit

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Bettman got a raise after the last lockout

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ElwoodCuse posted:

He's putting ads on the jerseys and raising the player age limit

Plus people are kind of mad about bribing Toronto over the Drake thing.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

Guys, Ho-Sang can't even

The next Wellwood everybody

Molotov Yogurt
Nov 29, 2000

buff man riddim
Kyle Wellwood owns and should still be playing for the Jets, gently caress management.

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!

Aphrodite posted:

He shot JR.

Shooting Jeremy Roenick would probably help his popularity among fans.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Molotov Yogurt posted:

Kyle Wellwood owns and should still be playing for the Jets Sharks, gently caress management.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Gary Bettman owns

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Replace Gary Bettman with Kyle Wellwood

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

CommaToes posted:

Replace Gary Bettman with Kyle Wellwood

A good commish smokes a pack a day. Might have to switch to Cubans, tho.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Fringe NHLer Steve Oleksy gets inspired by fringe NHLer Paul Bissonette and does his own ALS ice bucket video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6NaBeXvKCM

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
ExtraSkater.com has been taken offline. Forums alum r-lam speculated that he's been picked up by the NHL to do his thing on their site, which would make a bit of sense with their new ToS.

Makes as much sense as anything, I guess.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
that loving blows the nhl website is terrible. all of the good hocky blogs are going to end up behind a bunch of lovely flash adds and terrible web design or just private internal things.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

jsoh posted:

that loving blows the nhl website is terrible. all of the good hocky blogs are going to end up behind a bunch of lovely flash adds and terrible web design or just private internal things.

Extra skater was super slow though. If moving to NHL.com means it actually loads in less than 10 seconds I'm all for it.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Hand Knit posted:

ExtraSkater.com has been taken offline. Forums alum r-lam speculated that he's been picked up by the NHL to do his thing on their site, which would make a bit of sense with their new ToS.

Makes as much sense as anything, I guess.

I was just about to post this. I read a story about the TOS thing and the guy who runs ES wouldn't comment.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

ThinkTank posted:

Extra skater was super slow though. If moving to NHL.com means it actually loads in less than 10 seconds I'm all for it.

Yeah, to be honest extraskater was pretty awful to navigate, too

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

Guys, Ho-Sang can't even

i want this kid to make it so i can start going to Islanders games, first for the cheap seats but then for my love of the Ho-Sang

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

e: wrong thread

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Extra Skater noooooo :rip:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

Kevin Hayes is officially a UFA.

Good, now I can hate on him for being a greedy bastard. Refusing to join one of the best teams in the league because you're worried about ice time? C'mon man, hockey teams come with a revolving door. If you play good you gonna get to play. :colbert:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

xzzy posted:

Good, now I can hate on him for being a greedy bastard. Refusing to join one of the best teams in the league because you're worried about ice time? C'mon man, hockey teams come with a revolving door. If you play good you gonna get to play. :colbert:

Haha no. Chicago's system is too good for Hayes to play on their team anytime soon. Better to go play for a poo poo team that gives him immediate ice time.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Haha no. Chicago's system is too good for Hayes to play on their team anytime soon. Better to go play for a poo poo team that gives him immediate ice time.

Calgary. He will go to Calgary.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ThinkTank posted:

Calgary. He will go to Calgary.

That's the logical choice, yeah. You never know though.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
They could have at least left extraskater up until their new site launched

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Every fancy stats guy posted:

Suck it monkeys, I'm going corporate!

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
This all sounds like a bunch of hipster kids getting mad their favorite band made it big.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Chairman Wao posted:

This all sounds like a bunch of hipster kids getting mad their favorite band made it big.

My favourite band made spreadsheets where you could see every row at once and now they're just making lovely pop sites where you have to click through 30 rows per page to maximize ad bombardment.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Chairman Wao posted:

well like, it would suck if when a band signed with a big record label all of their old records ceased to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
someone should buy stats.hockeyanalysis.com next because the current site design is possibly the least functional website ever made

• Locked thread