Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
:siren: FANTASY FOOTBALL IS HERE! :siren:

We're doing a 12-man Yahoo Keeper league with a $30 buy-in. We started last year and we have until the draft to pick our keepers from last year.

I'm sending out emails and PMs to all of last year's players. I'll update the team list as it goes along.

GO!

# SA - Yahoo
1. internet inc - mr. noodles - RENEWED :cheers:
2. RCarr - Ryan C’s Rad Team - RENEWED :cheers:
3. ffoecaf - Hernandez Body Count - RENEWED :cheers:
4. wandler20 - The Dougernauts - RENEWED :cheers:
5. konna - Jumbo Yarbles - Yoshifan823 - Jumbo Yarbles - NEW GUY :cheers:
6. Mr.Trifecta - Vinegar Strokes - RENEWED :cheers:
7. Gyshall - The Green Bastards - RENEWED :cheers:
8. 5436 - CronutInYoMouth - RENEWED :cheers:
9. dewey7788 - Cutty Does It - RENEWED :cheers:
10. jb7 - Urinal Cakes moghow - no more mr nice guy - NEW GUY :cheers:
11. Lan Ji - Dynasty Warriors - wattershed - California Burritos - NEW GUY :cheers:
12. Respect - It's All Good Man - RENEWED :cheers:

:cheers: = PAID

RULES:

Snake draft
QB, WR, WR, W/R/T, RB, RB, TE, K, D/ST, 6x BN
3 keepers per year (max) and I'm thinking about blocking the first 2 rounds for keepers status since we voted to keep players as long as we want.
3 divisions, 6 playoff spots with 3 byes. #1 seed of every division advances, the other 3 go into the playoffs with their overall records. In other words, we could have playoffs with all of division 1 and the winners of division 2 and 3.
Waiver period is 2 days and will work as a continual rolling list, meaning you can hold on to your waiver pick for as long as you want.
The penalty for keeper status is +1 draft round per year and you can keep these players for as long as you want.
Payouts will be 60% for the playoff winner, 30% for second place, and 10% for third place.
I will be collecting your money through PayPal.

My PayPal is still internet.incorporated at Google's mail service.

I'm hoping everyone comes back for season 2 since it's a little harder to find new players in keepers leagues. If not, I already have a friend's name to take the first spot available. Then I guess I can start taking names?

Any questions?

internet inc fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Respekt
Aug 8, 2007
la la la
Did last years 3rd place pay out?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
IM FUCKIN' READY FOR THIS poo poo BRING ON FOOTBALL

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
From the previous thread:

1st place: RCarr
2nd place: jb7
3rd place: Respekt

$30 x 12 players = $360

1st place gets 60% of $360, 2nd gets 30% of $360, and 3rd place gets 10% of $360. $216, $108, and $36, respectively.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/102488/lastseason

Go here to see what it would cost you to keep a certain player. Last year we stated that an undrafted player would be worth a 12th round pick. If you want to keep 2 undrafted players it would cost you a 12th and an 11th. 3 would cost you a 12th, an 11th and a 10th.

For example, if I want to keep DeMarco Murray (drafted in the 3rd round last year) it would cost me a 2nd round pick.

If I want to keep Nick Foles (undrafted) it would cost me a 12th round pick.

If I want to keep Dez Bryant (1st rounder) it would cost me a 1st round pick again this year.

You don't have to keep players if you don't want to.

Now, my question to you is do we want to keep a randomized snake draft or a linear snake draft with the first pick being given to last year's bottom team? I realize now we should have asked this before the end of the season since this is going to skew the votes. Should we snake draft this one and start doing linear drafts next year to try and even out the teams?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I thought we decided last year we weren't keeping players from rounds 1/2?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
If we block rounds 1 and 2 it evens out the teams somewhat but feels less like a keeper league. If we don't, stacked teams will stay stacked.

We could allow round 1 and 2 keepers and do a linear draft inverse from last year's standings. That would keep the keeper feeling and still allow to even out the teams.

I don't know.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I'll make a Doodle page like last year for the draft date. I'll give a few more days for the remaining players to renew since it might take a while to find replacements and get a draft date that works for all of us.

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
I joined the league. When did you want the money by?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Before the draft, ideally.

http://doodle.com/34ckuyteyq6ppasu

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
Money sent! Let's roll.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Thanks!

Also, we're going to need more participation on the Doodle. :ohdear:

It's coming up fast.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Doodle'd

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Paid and doodled.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you guys end up needing more than one replacement, I'd love to step in. I've been looking for a keeper league.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
Make keeping someone that costs a first round pick increase the keeper cost for the next most expensive keeper by a round?

edit: Paid for both leagues in one transfer

ffoecaf fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 11, 2014

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

How do you set keepers and what is the draft order? I will get in my payment probably this weekend.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Paid and did the doodle thing.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Paid

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

ffoecaf posted:

Make keeping someone that costs a first round pick increase the keeper cost for the next most expensive keeper by a round?

I like this idea. Let's do this, yes?

Also, I can't randomize the draft order before all teams have renewed. :(

Speaking of, 3 players have not yet renewed. I've emailed them twice, sent PMs to those who can receive PMs and given them about a month to renew. That said, 3 people have already contacted me about replacing those who won't be back. If you guys agree, I say we immediately give those teams away so we can finalize all of this (keeper status, draft order, draft date, divisions, etc.). To be as fair as possible, I suggest we randomize who gets what team. What do you think?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm on board with everything you said. I think they've had sufficient time to renew or at least contact you. Plus I'm sure everyone is as excited as I am to get things rolling.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Should we post our keepers here or how are we doing that?

Also, I'm fine with getting replacements at this point.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

ffoecaf posted:

Can this be done within the rules of Yahoo?

All this keeper talk is confusing me and I wish I could find the thread from last year. I drafted last year assuming we weren't keeping in the first/second :saddowns:

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
It can because I manually put in what the keepers cost. I have to work it out myself but it's rather easy with only 3 keepers per team.

I looked up last year's thread and I did say I would block the first 2 rounds. I guess if you drafted with that in mind, I'll lock them up this year and also next year unless we vote otherwise before this year's draft. This means: any player picked in the first 2 rounds of last year won't be keeper players for this year's draft.

These dudes: Dez Bryant, Stevan Ridley, Doug Martin, Chris Johnson, Trent Richardson, Roddy White, Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Ray Rice, Demaryius Thomas, C.J. Spiller, Steven Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, Calvin Johnson, Matt Forte, Aaron Rodgers, Arian Foster, Julio Jones, Jamaal Charles, Brandon Marshall, LeSean McCoy, Alfred Morris, A.J. Green, and Jimmy Graham.

Also, in last year's thread we discussed having an IR spot. Here's what I said about the IR spot: You can only put on IR those who really are on IR, including the designated to return IR. If your player returns from IR in real life, you can leave him on your IR spot but your roster is locked until you remove him. Do we want an IR spot?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

Yoshifan823 posted:

If you guys end up needing more than one replacement, I'd love to step in. I've been looking for a keeper league.

You're in! What's your email?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
IR spot for guys actually on IR is A Very Good Idea

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

internet inc posted:

I like this idea. Let's do this, yes?

Also, I can't randomize the draft order before all teams have renewed. :(

Speaking of, 3 players have not yet renewed. I've emailed them twice, sent PMs to those who can receive PMs and given them about a month to renew. That said, 3 people have already contacted me about replacing those who won't be back. If you guys agree, I say we immediately give those teams away so we can finalize all of this (keeper status, draft order, draft date, divisions, etc.). To be as fair as possible, I suggest we randomize who gets what team. What do you think?

Awesome, got your PM. Email is raistrick at google's mail service. Once I'm logged in I'll send along the $30.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I'm waiting for Yoshifan823's email address before handing out the teams.

Is there anyone else interested in case he opts out?

Also, is there a way for me to randomly assign the new teams to the newcomers with at least one of you as a witness?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I'm in if a spot opens up.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

I'm waiting for Yoshifan823's email address before handing out the teams.

Is there anyone else interested in case he opts out?

Also, is there a way for me to randomly assign the new teams to the newcomers with at least one of you as a witness?

Put numbers into a hat representing the teams, then go in alphabetical order of our usernames or something like that.

Film, and put on youtube.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I PM'd you my email. I'm open to whatever way you want to split up the teams.

Edit: like that hat thing is pretty cool with me.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
I would like an IR spot.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
http://youtu.be/DZKK3JyQ4og

There it is! Hat + names was too much effort! I hope this is OK. I'll try to do something more elaborate for the division selection.

IR spot is LIVE.

Edit: Notice how I went back to Generate for the last draw. :downsgun:

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

http://youtu.be/DZKK3JyQ4og

There it is! Hat + names was too much effort! I hope this is OK. I'll try to do something more elaborate for the division selection.

IR spot is LIVE.

Edit: Notice how I went back to Generate for the last draw. :downsgun:

I like how there were 11 views for this when I checked it. What 11 people watched this?

...holy moly that team is a dumpster fire. Challenge accepted. Payment incoming when I'm not on my phone tomorrow morning, and I'll fill out the doodle grid at that time too.

e: oh god I can't even keep Jimmy Graham here's my money folks

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I probably watched it half those times to make sure it was working fine. :downs:

Sorry about your team, wattershed. :( I knew this would happen the day I started this Keeper league. People are going to bail and they'll be hard to replace. Keep in mind you don't have to have keepers, you can just draft whoever's left on the board when your turn comes around. With the first 2 rounds being blocked you're pretty much guaranteed to have 2 quality players.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Paid and doodled. Between work forcing a mandatory thursday evening class on me a few weeks back (football-hating assholes!) and my wife having weird nurse hours I only have a few windows. Doesn't look like there's a single good time for everybody, but late in the evening on Labor Day seems to be the latest day in the offseason prior to the 4th that the most people can draft. Plus there's the bonus that some people will be too drunk to draft effectively, an advantage I will need given that it looks like my team's previous owner went on some sort of fire sale.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please don't schedule a draft on Labor Day :(

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I randomized the draft order now that all teams have signed up. Here it is:

1. The Dougernauts
2. mr. noodles
3. Ryan C's Rad...
4. No more Mr n...
5. It's All Goo...
6. Hernandez Bo...
7. The Green Ba...
8. TonyStewartR...
9. Jumbo Yarbles
10. Vinegar Strokes
11. Cutty Does It
12. California B...

I also set the divisions in a "snake draft" manner.

1st division gets: #1, #6, #7, #12
2nd division gets: #2, #5, #8, #11
3rd division gets: #3, #4, #9, #10 based on last year's standings.

To set your keepers go to your team page and hit the keeper tab. Check maximum 3 keepers before August 21st.

I don't expect to get a time when everybody can show up so I'll pick whatever has the most votes. Sorry. :(

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I can only see what players you keep after the deadline of August 21st has passed. Then I get to assign what each keeper costs. I hope it all works out. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Respekt
Aug 8, 2007
la la la
Paid. I have zero idea who to designate as my keepers. oh well, farewell shady

• Locked thread