Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I'm good with running whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
Fighter thrown out of the arena... :stare:

Has toady put in throwing creatures multiple z-levels in 2014, or was this always a distant possibility?

Thanks for the guide, Jazzimus! Figured it was going to work something like that, bit it's nice to have confirmation. Definitely up to run some fights this week.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Bene Elim posted:

Fighter thrown out of the arena... :stare:

Has toady put in throwing creatures multiple z-levels in 2014, or was this always a distant possibility?

Thanks for the guide, Jazzimus! Figured it was going to work something like that, bit it's nice to have confirmation. Definitely up to run some fights this week.

I believe creatures and objects moving in projectile arcs was introduced in the 2012 update.

Winning by ring out is pretty cool. I doubt it could happen without the huge size difference we saw there though.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Aug 15, 2014

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm not asking for much here. I just want to pulp one head. Just one. []Pulpy Van Winkle[/b] for Hammerer 2014!

Y'know, I can't remember if a.) I ever used my adamantine gauntlets I won in tournament 1, and b.) if I did, if I wasn't allowed to use them forever.

E: Also, that ring-out was incredible and I'm loving jelly.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
My only regret is that the kobold did not land into the lava, otherwise Moocules preformed beyond expectations.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
While we wait for the second round to start, congratulations to the following gamblers...

Silverminnow, who is leading the betting standings after getting it right on a single all-in longshot bet.

Pickled Tink, who went an amazing FIVE FOR FIVE betting in the first round.

And our most sincere goondolences to...

Goatface and Podima, who both had very unfortunate luck on the first round gambling boards, each going zero for four. I propose that just for this test tournament, we give them each an extra 750 dwarfbucks to bet with! But you can all override this decision... what say you?
Friendly hint: Their newly-gotten funds will probably just end up back in your pockets anyway

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

I have once again put ALL OF MY DORFBUX on Daggum Polecats to win, so there's a big payout of 10 dorfbux waiting for whoever bets on the other team!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I propose that just for this test tournament, we give them each an extra 750 dwarfbucks to bet with! But you can all override this decision... what say you?

I agree, it's something fun to do.

I am in for commissioner so assign when ready.

Edit: I went 0/3 on bets and have 10 dwarfbucks left too. How am I so bad at this betting thing. I should just start betting against Bad Munki's team.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 15, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I propose that just for this test tournament, we give them each an extra 750 dwarfbucks to bet with! But you can all override this decision... what say you?
Friendly hint: Their newly-gotten funds will probably just end up back in your pockets anyway

Hear, hear! Their contributions to the collective pool should not go unrewarded!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I propose that just for this test tournament, we give them each an extra 750 dwarfbucks to bet with!

As every good loan-shark knows, you need a steady supply of fresh fish to keep a racket turning.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm hyped to run some fights. This is an incredibly busy month for me but I'll make the time - who needs sleep?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:negative:

My betting strategy of picking my favorite names has failed me!

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008
Shiniest fish in the sea!

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Let's give them some dwarfbucks! It's more fun with more people betting anyway.

I'm also debating running fights as I have a bunch of free time in at least the near future and it doesn't look too demanding.

Silverminnow fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 15, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
drat, 0 for 4. Guess I won't be using that coin again.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Edit: I went 0/3 on bets and have 10 dwarfbucks left too. How am I so bad at this betting thing. I should just start betting against Bad Munki's team.
Wouln't this cause some kind of quantum break? You can't win a bet, and Bad Munki can't win a fight. It'd be like a perpetually spinning cat with a piece of buttered toast tied to it's back, the fight would never end and the thread would collapse!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Jesus. I knew my Kobold was garbage, but that bad? Well, now I know for the official tournament: Don't be Small, be Mighty.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh, I just realized it's Friday. I may not be able to run fights for a few days, so if you are assigning fights give me the last few or something please. I'll get to them on Monday.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

pun pundit posted:

I have once again put ALL OF MY DORFBUX on Daggum Polecats to win, so there's a big payout of 10 dorfbux waiting for whoever bets on the other team!

We at the Wild Animals are sorry for your wallet. :frogc00l:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

King Cohort posted:

We at the Wild Animals are sorry for your wallet. :frogc00l:

Some say that One-Eyed Willie should take a dive, but the serpent man will stand tall and defiant!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Mikorin is looking forward to taking more heads :smug:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I had to put some money down on my own team to play the long odds. Come on guys, we can do it! You two need to protect me so that I can pick people to death!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Guys we can do this, I believe in the polecats. WE CAN DO SOMETHING

perpetulance
Mar 24, 2013

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm glad glad this commissioner thing is getting off the ground. Jazzimus has a 100 dwarfbuck bet against our team. Can't trust that sort of money.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Khisanth Magus posted:

I had to put some money down on my own team to play the long odds. Come on guys, we can do it! You two need to protect me so that I can pick people to death!

I WOULD IF THEY WOULD HOLD STILL FOR ME TO WRASSLE THEM :argh:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Podima and goatface, you should both have some dwarfbucks to bet with now.

ZeeToo, Bene Elim, Spermy Smurf, and Maugrim, you should now see a Commissioners option on the site left panel.

:siren: For this next round, I'm proposing: :siren:

ZeeToo runs fights 1 and 2 (i.e. the Boatmurdered Division fights)

Maugrim runs fights 3 and 4 (i.e. the Gemclod Division fights)

Spermy Smurf runs fights 5 and 6 (i.e. the Syrupleaf Division fights)

Bene Elim runs fights 7 and 8 (i.e. the Bronzestabbed Division fights)

Commissioners, are you all cool with that? we'll just assume Spermy Smurf is since he's probably already on a plane to the Bahamas or whatever for the weekend

perpetulance posted:

I'm glad this commissioner thing is getting off the ground. Jazzimus has a 100 dwarfbuck bet against our team. Can't trust that sort of money.

:ohdear: I have a policy of only betting on teams that haven't been bet on yet, in order to help get some real betting action going. It was nothing personal against you guys. :(

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008
If for whatever reason the commissioners can't run their two fights I would be willing to. I won't do the Bronzestabbed division fights as my team is in it though.

I imagine with multiple commissioners it doesn't really matter what order the fights are done?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Silverminnow posted:

If for whatever reason the commissioners can't run their two fights I would be willing to. I wont do the Bronzestabbed division fights as my team is in it though.

I imagine with multiple commissioners it doesn't really matter what order the fights are done?

Well, the site currently expects the fights to be run in a certain order, although there's no reason this needs to continue to be the case if I can update the back-end code to let commissioners choose a fight to run. Right now the site automatically selects the next fight for them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RUN ALL THE FIGHTS :unsmigghh:

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Right now the site automatically selects the next fight for them.

Ah okay. It just seems to make sense if you are assigning specific fights to specific commissioners to allow all of those fights to be run right away. This would help alleviate any lull in between fights caused by commissioners being unavailable for a few days or whatever.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

I'm good with running those. Shame we have to run them in order, I'm up for some arena bloodshed today.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Bene Elim posted:

I'm good with running those. Shame we have to run them in order, I'm up for some arena bloodshed today.

How big a job would tweaking the back end to let Commissioners run as and when be?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I loving wish it was Bahamas. I am just working today and then family poo poo Funtime on Sunday. I am cool with those fights. Monday at earliest for me.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
sounds good to me

I'll work on getting both done over this weekend.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Well, the site currently expects the fights to be run in a certain order, although there's no reason this needs to continue to be the case if I can update the back-end code to let commissioners choose a fight to run. Right now the site automatically selects the next fight for them.

With multiple commissioners, letting them run concurrently seems logical.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the dorfbucks! I won't be able to bet till Sunday, but I'm sure there will be plenty of fights left for me to lose my money on!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I have dispersed my money to the masses, in penance for Gary Barlow's tax crimes.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am done work and there aren't any fights to read. I feel like I am waiting for Vox. C'mon commissioners!

The first fight includes Bad Munki so you don't even have to run it, just mark it as an embarrassing loss for his team and move on.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I am done work and there aren't any fights to read. I feel like I am waiting for Vox. C'mon commissioners!

The first fight includes Bad Munki so you don't even have to run it, just mark it as an embarrassing loss for his team and move on.

Hey, don't bring my team into this, I can lose well enough for all of us, thank you. :colbert:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
My bad, I misspoke.

Mark it as an embarrassing loss for his team, blame it on him, then move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Much better, thank you.

Here, I'll just give a quick rundown of the fight:

Teams start on opposing sides and charge at each other. Before any other fighters can meat, Knuckle Dragger is bitten on the head (which explodes) and picked up by the stump. The fighter holding him in his mouth begins to shake him around violently, causing his slade gauntlets to fling off in opposite directions. Said gauntlets slam into the heads of his team mates, causing them to instantly fall unconscious, at which point they are handily murdered in their sleep. Victory goes to The Wild Animals, 3-0.

• Locked thread