Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

yeah, I admit it, I probably am.

Even though it's bad, I still really like Warcraft's story and it's my guilty pleasure. Playing since Warcraft 2 and following all the characters does something to you.

Plus, I'm a sucker for time travel shenanigans and this seems really fun and I'm looking forward to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

no

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

cool.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Azeroth calls out to its heroes and I am honor bound to answer, op

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell yeah OP.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
already preordered this fag poo poo :cheers:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mung Dynasty posted:

already preordered this fag poo poo :cheers:

Same here. 'Twill be epic.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
yea, so whats the scoop on this expansion?

They're crunching all the big numbers, and purging like 75,000 redundant abilities right?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o4OqUwJKmI

I get jokes

also no I need that $15 a month for $15 blow

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

BrettRobb posted:

yea, so whats the scoop on this expansion?

They're crunching all the big numbers, and purging like 75,000 redundant abilities right?

yeah, and making new models for the characters. they say they are redoing the quest system. Hopefully they go back to vanilla wow's class quests again because I really enjoyed playing a class because it was different from all the other classes

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like they're not going to purge the abilities hard enough.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Of all the ops I enjoy yours most. You are able to roll with the punches like no other. You must have beat contra hard corps on the first try.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Kazvall posted:

Of all the ops I enjoy yours most. You are able to roll with the punches like no other. You must have beat contra hard corps on the first try.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

LaTex Fetish posted:

Hopefully they go back to vanilla wow's class quests again because I really enjoyed playing a class because it was different from all the other classes

no class quests, no new scenarios, two zones that will "hopefully" be patched in, another "never unsub or you can't raid" legendary questline, siege of orgrimmar again for the final raid

enjoy mop 1.1

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

no class quests, no new scenarios, two zones that will "hopefully" be patched in, another "never unsub or you can't raid" legendary questline, siege of orgrimmar again for the final raid

enjoy mop 1.1

stop!!! the truth is blinding me!!!!

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
gently caress yea this is gonna be a good expansion

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I stopped playing WoW before the first expansion came out. Give me an exhaustive wall of text explaining the changes the game has undergone. Because "condensing hero abilities" seems pretty loving huge.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
More like Borelords of Paymore

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

sword_man.gif posted:

another "never unsub or you can't raid" legendary questline

Is that a thing? Welp, not going to re-sub my hand of adal priest if taking a few months off is all it takes to be ineligible. My $15/month is going to the liquor store once again.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I stopped playing WoW before the first expansion came out. Give me an exhaustive wall of text explaining the changes the game has undergone. Because "condensing hero abilities" seems pretty loving huge.

well as the game has gone on for about 10 years blizzard decided every class needed to be very similar. so each class got a bunch of new skills over the years which are comparable to other classes. because of this each class has like 20 or 30 skills which need to be mapped somewhere. often players will use alt or control as a modifier. So, pressing '2' gives one ability, pressing 'ctrl + 2' gives another.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

oh and the number crunch is just about manageability. critting for 800k is just ridiculous

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Already pre ordered.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

For the Horde!!!!!! Let's rape.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

IronClaymore posted:

Is that a thing? Welp, not going to re-sub my hand of adal priest if taking a few months off is all it takes to be ineligible.

oh you can raid. technically. good luck finding a raid that will take you if you don't have the mandatory legendary ring + other legendary items fromt he grindy as gently caress questline.

they did it in mop with the legendary cape/meta gem and learned exactly nothing apparently

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
is there some kind of physical copy / collector's edition?

i won't play this game unless i can have some sort of blizzard-branded plastic item to repeatedly thrust into my rear end in a top hat whilst installing

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
hell yeah op

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

is there some kind of physical copy / collector's edition?

i won't play this game unless i can have some sort of blizzard-branded plastic item to repeatedly thrust into my rear end in a top hat whilst installing

yeah it went on sale yesterday

anyway i did the digital preorder a while ago OP because i was going to play with my friends in warlords but i dont know if that will happen now so i'm kind of regretting my purchase. it will probably be a decent expansion but the stuff about yet another legendary questline really rubs me the wrong way because its such a terrible idea

sexy cougar on the prowl
Dec 31, 2008
There are a bunch of new graphics in this one. seems like a good expansion.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Fag.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The special edition costs 90 bucks, forget it. And the subscriber base is sinking.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

The special edition costs 90 bucks, forget it. And the subscriber base is sinking.

its "sinking" to still like 5x as much as the next most popular mmo

wow is fine and will get another bump with warlords but yeah the boxed edition costing $90 is uncool

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

wow is fine and will get another bump with warlords but yeah the boxed edition costing $90 is uncool

is it $90 for the 'normal' boxed edition?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

the normal boxed edition costs 50, which is more than the previous ones did iirc

it kinda sucks but i'm pretty sure the old collectors editions were 70 base. they were generally worth it, too, as they came with cool stuff IMO.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Humphrey Vasel posted:

More like Borelords of Paymore

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

what video games does qnqnx like??!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

For the Horde!!!!!! Let's rape.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
had a girl explain to me how her wow character "rapes" and how a man can't be a feminist in the same night

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Liquid Penguins posted:

had a girl explain to me how her wow character "rapes" and how a man can't be a feminist in the same night

Give me her number.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
are you into spit roasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

MMos as a whole are dying. Being top MMO is like being king of poo poo mountain. The fact that they're adding more grind poo poo in is showing just how bad it's become. They're not all that big into the fun aspect anymore. And it's really telling when the devs who left come out and say it.

• Locked thread