Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Thats right, I'm running a short game for the Force and Destiny book that was released at Gen Con today. We're going to be running through the Adventure in the back of the book, "Lost Knowledge" which deals with you becoming a Jedi and building a lightsaber and poo poo.

I want this to be a playtest type VERY QUICK game so we can find any issues and report them. I will probably start a more in depth campaign using these rules in the coming months, but not now. That being said I would like you to only consider applying for this game if you meet the following criteria:
  • You can post Once or More than Once a day
  • You do not have an issue with testing broken rules that will make you angry
  • You are willing to report the results of this game and your opinion of it to Fantasy Flight Games at forceanddestinybeta@fantasyflightgames.com
  • You are willing to make suggestions to make the game run better, whether it be staring rules, or Force rules, or whatever. We're trying to playtest this.

If you cannot do one of the things above, please don't apply. That being said, lets be Space Wizards and kick this Bitch.

Character Generation:

I've gone back and forth with what I want to do, and have decided to treat this as a playtest and play it by the rules. So in that case, make me a standard character from Force and Destiny with no special benefits or houserules. I will allow up to 1 (ONE) non-Force and Destiny Character from Age or Rebellion or Edge of the Empire with which to compare it with. You're free to use any race from any FFG book, but I don't care for the Unofficial Menagerie, so don't use those. Standard char gen rules from the Force and Destiny Book apply, as well as AoR and EoTE.

Whats that? You don't have Force and Destiny yet? Well then you need to jump into IRC and ask us about how to create a character then don't you. #sweote on irc.synirc.net. Really, you should jump in IRC and ask, we'll help you create a character and everything. Yes. Just click this link and put in your username and we'll help you.

Why havent' you done that yet?

I have made a Form Fillable Character Sheet for Force and Destiny which I would like you to use and upload to Google or Dropbox so we can all admire your Jedis. Click here to download it.

There are 3 Episodes to this adventure. I will be multiplying the XP gains for Episode 1 and Episode 2 to test mid and high level gameplay with the system.

Please build your character as you would build any starting EotE and AoR character, that is, spend all of your XP on attributes. After the first Episode you will have enough XP to go down a Talent Tree or pick up another, or a Force Power that you couldn't afford at char gen.

Also please provide a picture so I can have some art in this game, online mediums without art makes me sad.

I will be attempting to run this game very fast. Which means I want it to be done in less than 2 months. Please keep that in mind when you apply. This is a huge point for me, as I am already in a gently caress ton of games, and GMing 1 (which takes more than a glance, as people will tell you).

Also, if you playtest this for me, and make me happy, I will put you first in line when I start my Force and Destiny full game in a few months. I already have an idea for that, and you want to be in it. :getin:

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.

Brensha the Shadow

Raised on the streets of Nar Shadaa, doing whatever she can to survive, Brensha's abilities were the only thing she had to care for. With nothing else to use to survive the streets of Nar Shadaa, she trained these skills and made a bit of a name for herself, although it was mostly rumors. She later learned later just what it is they were after imperials came looking for the "Ghost of Krel Alley".

Now she travels, looking for more knowledge so she can hone her skills and avoid the people who are after Force Users like herself.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 16, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll probably whip something up in the next couple of days.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Since the question came up in IRC which you should all be in, I am fine with Newbies to this game. We in the IRC Channel will nurture you into a Star Wars posting machine, and you should totally apply to this playtest, as it would create a great baseline.

Seriously. All people welcome. Even SAGA players.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Interested, i'll check out the IRC when I get a chance.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Meet Noosian Betaa

Deemed unfit for Jedi Training, Betaa spend some time in the Agricultural Corps before striking out on his own using his minor force talents to gain various counselor, academic, and advisory roles across the galaxy. He never publicized his Force connections, but he was still a target when the Purge happened. Thankfully, as his talent was a minor one, he only had to evade local authorities instead of a battalion of troopers. Now Betaa bounces from one fringe bar to the next, staying one step ahead of Jedi hunters and trying to figure out just what to do with himself in this new, dark universe.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Nath'an'tro

Hailing from an exiled Chiss family, he spent his life growing up in the hustle and bustle of Nar Shaddaa. Being an alien living outside the Ascendency made him realize how not great living under the Empire really is. This led to him having an idealism of advocating for equality of all species. He then met Brensha who taught him about his force sensitivity, he has now entered a bigger world.

Ramba Ral fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 16, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I did it now.

Arali Tal'kina

The daughter of a slave, Arali avoided sharing the same fate as her mother when a kind benefactor bought her her freedom. The man was a Jedi Knight who had noticed she was Force-sensitive, and intended to train her. Unfortunately, those plans were cancelled when Order 63 happened and the Jedi was killed in the purge. Arali took to the Outer Rim, hopping between planets to elude the Empire and taking odd jobs for credits. She has a strong sense of justice, and dreams of crushing the Sith and bringing the Jedi back to the galaxy.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 16, 2014

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
I don't know jack poo poo about any of the SW games, but when new things are happening is the best time to get in on it, am I right? It can't be any worse than D&D:Next :v:

So uh... I don't really have a character concept in mind, but I could probably fish one out and cram it into a SW-shaped framework.
But if the option of just running a pregen is on the table, I'd be down for that.

I can do all of the posting/feedback requirements, and I chill on IRC for my other PbP games already. This one and this one.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Ramba Ral posted:

Nath'an'tro

Will edit in a background story.

Hey, I'm just passing through this thread to see what this game's about, but your character sheet links to Betaa's.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Drubuk

Raised in a ancient Zabraki assassin academy, Drubuk always excelled in combat, being able to tell what his opponent would do next far beyond normal skill. Believing it to simply being an ancient marital art technique, Drubuk completed his training and went into working in the wider galaxy, but always ready to listen and obey for messages from his old masters. Beyond that he drifts aroudn the galaxy picking up bounty work, and odd jobs requiring muscle when the bounties are scarce.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Got excited for a moment about a new Star Wars RPG. Then I realized it has the same stupid dice system as EotE and :commissar:.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Leif. posted:

Got excited for a moment about a new Star Wars RPG. Then I realized it has the same stupid dice system as EotE and :commissar:.

Its really not that bad. The dice are different, but its easier to match and figure out if you've succeeded rather than doing math in your head, which is a problem for some people.

I actually prefer this dice system to rollin 20s now that I've gotten past the garish colors and odd symbols.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

This came up in IRC (why aren't you in here yet?), and I guess I forgot to add it to the OP.

There are 3 Episodes to this adventure. I will be multiplying the XP gains for Episode 1 and Episode 2 to test mid and high level gameplay with the system.

Please build your character as you would build any starting EotE and AoR character, that is, spend all of your XP on attributes. After the first Episode you will have enough XP to go down a Talent Tree or pick up another, or a Force Power that you couldn't afford at char gen.

edit: yes I know they aren't doing typical XP breakdowns in every Episode, but I will do that anyways to try out new things.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 15, 2014

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Zam Osh

Born of mixed parentage on Mrlsst, Zam showed signs of Force sensitivity as a toddler. He would have been sent to the Jedi Academy to be tested but the rise of Emperor Palpatine and the Jedi Purge forced his parents to keep their son's gifts a secret. He grew up largely ignorant of the history of the Jedi and, at his parents' insistence, never openly displayed what few abilities he had been able to intuit. He apprenticed under his father as a mechanic and found he had natural aptitude for the craft. Building, deconstructing and understanding how each part fit into a greater system was satisfying for Zam in a way he couldn't adequately express. He would have been happy to remain a mechanic's apprentice but after a chance encounter with Professor Kint of the Trade and Science Academy, Zam was suddenly on the path to become a engineer at one of the most prestigious universities in the Tapani Sector. Unbeknownst to Zam, Professor Kint was in fact Taj Junak, a Jedi that had survived the purge and was now in hiding. Master Junak had recognized Zam's Force potential and wished to keep him close, where he could control exposure to possible Imperial agents. Unable to reveal his identity or openly train Zam, he encouraged him to pursue knowledge that he hoped would strengthen the young man's connection with the Force. Eventually, the Emperor decided to tighten his grip on the Tapani Sector and the provincial nobility came under increased scrutiny. Zam learned that he, and he alone, was being sent on a special assignment for the academy. He would travel a great distance from home, joining others to recover and study the lost legacy of the Jedi Order, all under the utmost secrecy. Having lived his whole life under the threat of discover and capture (or worse), Zam was eager to accomplish something with his intellect and gifts rather than simply hide.

Zam does not recognize a divide between a "natural" and "unnatural" world, save where one is being destroyed to satisfy the other. To him the engine of industry and the gleam of technology are no less wondrous or complex than the structure of a snowflake or a spider's web. He sees the endeavors of all living things as part of a huge, interwoven existence, connected to each other by the Force. While he has no specific hatred for the Empire, he resents having to hide his gifts and cannot stand the Imperial aesthetic or penchant for modularization, claiming that they strangle intellectual creativity.

Not Keyser Soze fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 16, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Leif. posted:

Have you tried the narrative dice? They're super awesome in practice and I never want to go back to a system that doesn't support "advantageous failure" or "success with some despair" ever again.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung

Green Intern posted:

Hey, I'm just passing through this thread to see what this game's about, but your character sheet links to Betaa's.

Thanks, that is what I get for posting before bed.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Orion Sunfell

Born...somewhere, an orphan boy in the slums of an outer system frontier city, Orion Sunfell (he named himself that because he thought it sounded cool) fell in with a group of other orphans and misfits. Orion ended up specializing in getaways - someone else would steal or con or nick an item of importance (or maybe even a vehicle when they were feeling daring) and Orion would be the one to get it to their hideout. Eventually, he was found and semi-taken in by a strange Kel Dor with a fondness for long winded stories when he was a young teen. This wasn't kept a secret from the pact; as far as the rest of them were concerned, the Kel Dor was just a weird alien who talked too much and Orion was the fool for spending any time with him. At first, Orion listened to them out of duty and need for companionship, but eventually he began to actually pay attention. Stories of honor and justice, of a time before not only the Empire but before the Clone Wars. Soon enough, the Kel Dor made an offer to Orion - it knew the old ways. And it could sense something important in Orion. It would teach him, if he would learn.

Nobody had ever called Orion important. He accepted without hesitation.

Since then Orion trained. He can't do much - well, he can't really do anything his master could - but he knows he'll EVENTUALLY be able to do things. He wants to bring back those old days, even if they were just stories. The streets are a bad place to grew up. Orion's seen the darker side of people. He knows how easily those with power can abuse and take from those who don't. He and his gang went hungry while Imperials in upper levels feasted on food from other planets - only to incinerate leftovers. The eldest in the group, Flops, was once trained to be a slave. The rich and powerful can do anything and everything they want, while the helpless just soak it in. It's not right. He wants to balance those scales.

Recently, the Kel Dor - Orion was always "boy" to it, and it was always "Ugly" to Orion - left, claiming important business on a planet Orion had never heard of. "Recently" was several months ago. Orion said his farewells to his gang on his homeworld and set off to find him.

NOTE: Between the 17th and 18th I'm flying cross-continent and may not be posting for a good half a day to a day. On the weekend of the 30th I'llbe out of town at a wedding, though I'll be bringing my laptop and attempting to still post then.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 16, 2014

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Wroltikk

Wroltikk has been running for his entire life. He ran away from home to see the galaxy. He ran away from shop keepers when they caught him stealing from them. He ran from security personnel after he procured a vehicle to use. And now? Now he is trying to run from himself. He has these abilities that he doesn't understand. He can see things just before they happen. He has never been more accurate with his blaster.

And he has never been more scared in his life. It isn't only himself that is is running from right now. The Empire has noticed these powers, and the are coming for him.

----------------

Does this look good?

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender

jivjov posted:

Have you tried the narrative dice? They're super awesome in practice and I never want to go back to a system that doesn't support "advantageous failure" or "success with some despair" ever again.

Eh. Too annoying to use, and I hate not being able to play if I don't have my specific specialized dice available. Compare with Dungeon World, which can do the same thing via a d6.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Leif. posted:

Eh. Too annoying to use, and I hate not being able to play if I don't have my specific specialized dice available. Compare with Dungeon World, which can do the same thing via a d6.

That's why you get the iOS app. :smug:

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
True, but the whole system just seems unnecessarily complicated. Like, I get how the skills --> upgrading dice system works. But it makes the character sheet a jumbled mess to look at. Combine it with having to keep track of dice symbols that aren't really intuitive of anything, and then remember "Oh ok I can spend this bonus to get this or this...." it just feels like systems for systems sake. As if a competent GM couldn't be empowered to do these things on their own, for instance.

-e- not trying to poo poo on this thread, it's just a beef I've had with the new system.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Leif. posted:

All the core books have a conversion chart for using regular polyhedrals instead of the custom dice. And as Waffleman said, there's an app and several online dice rollers.

The system is also SUPER intuitive in play. There's only 3 pairs of symbols, one one set is pretty rare.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender

jivjov posted:

All the core books have a conversion chart for using regular polyhedrals instead of the custom dice. And as Waffleman said, there's an app and several online dice rollers.

:lsd: I didn't know there was a conversion chart.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Leif. posted:

:lsd: I didn't know there was a conversion chart.

The first Beta set even came with stickers to straight up convert regular dice into edge dice. Not sure if you can still get those, but they really tried to make it easy to get a grip on the dice system.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

I just pulled this out of the book for everybody to enjoy!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So I see 8 Apps right now. If I can get at least 2 more, I'll run 2 games of the same adventure.

Edit: I'd like to start this weekend if possible, so you've got until that long.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 15, 2014

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
e: accidentally erased this post

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 17, 2014

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I'll do a thing here

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
AU-38-3 "Austin", Human Warrior Starfighter Ace

You know, I heard once that the Jedi saw each of the original Clone Troopers as unique in the eyes of the Force. Of course, if word slipped out that you were talking about that to the higher ups, you'd be escorted from your bunk and never heard from again. I had already graduated from the Academy and was a proud member of the 38th TIE Fighter division when I first felt it. A little tug at the back of my mind when I just completed a mission, staring out into the stars, feeling...everything pushing against me. And I could push it back.

It took a month for them to find out something was up. An unknown visitor came to our base, walked around a bit. We passed by and I could just feel her glaring at me. I went on patrol and then out of nowhere my engine malfunctioned. My ship was a wreck, and a day doesn't go by that I don't miss it. Thankfully I landed in a jungle and got far away before that same unknown visitor poked around the wreckage. They know I'm alive out here somewhere.

(Oh god I am probably loving up so much of the Expanded Universe...
Character sheet note: Since the career skill toggle is non-existant, the 5th box marks career skills. Intend to break into Battle Meditation at some future time.)

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Jobal, Drall Guardian (Soresu Defender)

As a rule, The Drall as a race have an obsession with records, lists, organization. Jobal always had a fascination with historical artifacts. Collecting, cataloging, researching, you name it, he loved it. It's why he became an archaeologist. With every piece of history Jobal uncovered, he felt like he was getting closer to solving some great mystery. Years of his life were spent chasing some secret, though he had no idea what it was. Until, of course, he found it. Tucked away in a destroyed temple on some backwater world, Jobal came across something amazing. A holocron! No, a working holocron, which somehow survived the destruction of the temple. When activated, a robed figured appeared before Jobal, and spoke only the following words:

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.
The Jedi Code.

Those words awoke something in Jobal. He understood that, somehow, he had been led to this planet, to this temple, to find this holocron and hear those words. Further exploration of the temple yielded vague references to a 'Jedi Order', which was apparently some kind of group of intergalactic peacekeeping monks. Jobal felt that he was, somehow, connected to these 'Jedi', and resolved to dedicate his life to uncovering more mysteries of the Jedi Order.

Jobal's time in academia and as an archaeologist has left him more robust than your average Drall, with a broad set of skills. When confronted with an obstacle, he prefers to research it fully so that he can solve it in just the right way, rather than rush on blindly. Sometimes, though, he will pursue some piece of knowledge or history with a single-minded purpose, ignoring everything in his way.

My character is mostly finished but I might spend the rest of my money. Before that, though, I have a couple rules questions. One, since my Soresu Technique talent lets me use Intelligence over Brawn for Lightsaber checks, can I also use Intelligence for determining damage with my Ancient Sword? And second, can I mod my Ancient Sword with a Serrated Edge? I guess Serrated Edge is supposed to be a Melee mod only and technically Ancient Swords use Lightsaber, so, I dunno.

I've never played any Star Wars roleplaying game before, so I might be a good test subject for this. Also I'm not a giant Star Wars nerd so please forgive me for any lore I've destroyed already.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 18, 2014

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Kres'ark'csapla "Sark"

Viewed as an extremely impulsive young adult by most Chiss, Sark always had difficulty understanding the Ascendancy's policy of non-interference. Sure, jumping wildly into any conflict was an ill-advised idea, but there was clear evidence that a massive number of sentients suffered under the yoke of the Galactic Empire. Even if they would not confront it directly, would it not behoove their supposedly advanced and civilized society to show compassion and aid the downtrodden? But no, non-interference in all ways was the policy upheld and stuck to through it all. Through with hearing the condescending speeches and lectures regarding their superiority, shortly after he was declared an adult Sark snuck aboard one of the few transports the Ascendancy used to keep contact with the rest of the galaxy. Sneaking off it during the unloading procedure, he was finally out of Chiss space and could provide succor to others. He had been training as a doctor, after all.

And then the headaches started. At first, he had no idea what was going on, but he eventually was able to narrow down when they came up. It was always when there was significant emotional distress nearby - whether caused by Imperial raids looking for subversives, a death in the family, or similar. While not particularly encouraging research into that part of history, the Ascendancy also never hid details of the Jedi and the Force, so Sark quickly realized what was going on. He was also well aware of Imperial policy on said people. Where once he was simply trying to help others, he now ran the risk of bringing down huge threats, both on his head and those nearby. Knowing he had to master this, but at the same time not knowing how, he began to surreptitiously look for individuals in similar circumstances, or possibly even remnants of the old order that could help him.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Dax Treznik

Growing up, I think it was in survival school that I began to ponder the odds of sapient life growing the way that it has. The galaxy is a harsh place without the luxuries of modern tech. But as self-evident as it seems that the galaxy doesn't care about the lives it hosts I've felt the essence of that life strongly within me. The Galaxy did not get this way by chance. It is the Force, I've come to learn, that makes our existence possible and nurtures it.

It seems ironic then that people bend themselves to destruction and oppression and it's against these people that I ply my trade as a starfighter for hire. I'm a Star Hawk. We specialize in protecting people and property for a nominal charge and thanks to the rebellion business has been booming. By destroying the death star, they increased demand for mercenary services as the Empire began to clamp down their control of fringe worlds and hunt for the rebel fleet.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Okay, everyone who's posted in this thread with a character or saying they'll make a character is in. Here's who we have

Game A - Regular StartGame A is going to be the regular start. Please remake your characters with this new sheet so they don't look all wonky.

Game B - Knight StartPlease remake your characters with the following changes on this new sheet:
+150 XP - CANNOT BE USED ON CHARACTERISTICS
+1 Force Rating

You DO NOT get a lightsaber to start, just the above changes. If you want to say you have a lightsaber hilt without a gem, thats fine with me.

edit: Also, if you look at Lord Koth's sheet, its got the correct dice on it. This might be because he uploaded it to Google, so please try that instead of Dropbox.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 16, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Alright, here's my new char-sheet, and a breakdown of how I spent XP

I'm a Human, so I started with 110, +10 from my morality choice.

Career/Spec Skills: Charm, Coerce, Deception, Negotiation, Perception

Free Human Skills: Leadership, Melee

-30 (Presence to 3)
-40 (Presence to 4)
-30 (Intellect to 3)
-10 (Career Skill Deception to Rank 2)
-10 (Career Skill Coercion to Rank 2)

Then with my bonus 150XP I did the following:

-10 (Influence Basic Power)
-10 (+Range to Close)
-15 (+Control Can roll Influence with Coerce/Charm/Deceive/Leadership/Negotiation checks)
-10 (+Range to Medium)
-10 (+Range to Long)
-5 (Kill With Kindness)
-10 (Nobody's Fool)
-15 (Plausible Deniability)
-20 (Sense Emotions)
-20 (Contingency Plan)
-25 (Force Rating)

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I updated my character sheet and spent the 150 on force powers, talents and a couple skill points.

XP Spent:
20 on Foresee and Control 1
40 on Move and Strength 1, Range 1, and Control 2
30 on Seek and Control 1 and Magnitude 2
45 on Skills (Added 1 to each of Athletics, Discipline, Perception, Piloting (Space), and Gunnery)
15 on Talents

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
New sheet here

IC thoughts on the others!

Brensha the Shadow - She seems like she had a past kinda like me, but she never had a gang to go with - or a master. Real good at sneaking, but you can't always hide from stuff. Better I think, to have a proper pack to run with.

Arali Tal'Kina - Well, she's rather pretty. She reminds me of Flops; she was also a twi'lek, was raised to be a slave before she pulled a runner and stated our gang. Uh, don't ask about her name. Anyways, if Arali's as good a leader as Flops is, we're in good hands, though Flops always cared more about how non-humans were treated while Arali seems more...eh, militant.

Nath'an'tro - Never seen one of his kind before. Blue skin and red eyes. Kinda creepy. The goatee doesn't help. Talks a lot about how the Empire treats aliens, but it's kinda lacking compared to Flops. Carries some kinda weird vibosword that doesn't vibro.

Sark - Another blue skin! I like him a bit more then the other. He knows what's what when it comes to the sorry state our galaxy is in! It's good to have a doctor aboard too. Never actually met one before.

Austin - Looks and talks a bit like a cop. Don't think I trust him yet. Good with a ship but...tch, I bet he ain't THAT much better.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 16, 2014

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Wroltikk's character sheet has been updated.

Wookiee = 90xp + 10xp
1 rank in brawl

Seeker/Ataru Striker
Piloting (Planetary), Ranged (Heavy), Survival, Athletics, Lightsaber

Brawn to 4 (-40)
Agility to 3 (-30)
Presence to 3 (-30)

With my 150 I:

Athletics to Rank 2 (-10)
Lightsaber to Rank 2 (-10)

Conditioned (-5)
Dodge (-10)
Quick Strike (-15)
Jump Up (-5)

Hunter Specialization (-20)
Rapid Recovery (-5)
Toughened (-5)

Force Powers:

Move (-10)
*Strength (-10)
*Range (-5)
*Control (-10)

Sense (-10)
*Control (-10)
*Control (-10)

Ataru Striker Tree
Hunter Tree
Move Tree
Sense Tree

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

New sheet.

Brensha the Shadow: During my travels to Nar Shadaa, I had heard often of this "Ghost of Krel Alley." I had always suspected she was Force-sensitive, and it's nice to confirm that. I've had dealings with plenty of people like her, so I'm not worried about us being able to work together.

Orion Sunfell: I know exactly what Orion's been through. To be born as a lesser being, it affects you. It affects you in a way that most people can't see. Add to that the fact that he was also taken in by a kind stranger who was taken from him, and it's almost like our lives are mirrors of each other. Only difference is that there's a chance of him finding his master. There's none for me. I want to help him find what I can't.

Nath'an'tro: I've never been too fond of the Chiss. They're too stuck-up for me, thinking they're too good to associate themselves with the rest of the galaxy. Though I have to admit, Nath'an'tro seems a bit more caring than other Chiss. Maybe a bit too caring.

Sark: Oh goodie, there's two of them. However, from what he's told me, Sark seems to dislike the Chiss' policies as much as I do. I guess you can't judge a person by their species after all. As long as he and Nath don't get too high and mighty on us, we might be able to get along.

Austin: I don't know if I can take working with this guy. It's that face of his. It's the same face as all the others. The ones who killed my master. I know he's not the one who did it, and with the way they make those clones, he might not have been alive at the time, but seeing it is a constant reminder of what I've lost. He says he's not a part of the Empire anymore, but I'm still uncomfortable with having one of their soldiers with us.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
My sheet now: here

And my opinion of our group:

Brensha the Shadow - I've ran into her several times. We tend to disagree on several things, but nothing to the point of fists being drawn. Talks about freedom. I argue about equality in the galaxy. I mean, really, the very idea that one type of species should be the dominant power in the galaxy is just crazy when you guys had an institution which incorporated various other races into a governing body and it worked. Mostly. . .

Arali Tal'Kina - She's cool. Idealism is cool. Slavery is also wrong, honestly, though, why did the Core Worlds if the Republic existed for thousands of years not abolished it? I mean, it isn't like the Empire just enslaved the Twi'leks. Politics outside the Ascendency is very confusing.

Orion Sunfell - Cool name. Get some vibes from him. Likes to talk about a guy named Flops a lot. Might be a fun to meet this Flops.

Sark - He's a fellow Chiss, but willfully left the Ascendency? That's crazy, honestly. I would do anything to try and get back if given that chance. Although, I feel like I've been assimilated to all these people's norms and such to the point I'll be seen as an outsider too.

Austin - He looks like a very familiar person like I've met him countless times before. About the right height to be a Stormtrooper too.

• Locked thread