Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

The Land of Arrentia had known peace for hundreds of years; its humble ruler, Queen Krelo the Just, had sat on the throne since her coronation seventy years ago. During her reign the Queendom saw the execution of the dark wizard Qal, the taming of the dragon Liceander, and the construction of the great Temple of the Blessed in the Arrentish capital of Dromay.

But last night, Krelo left the bounds of this world to join her ancestors in the stars... and her three daughters, dark and beautiful and terrible, each think they deserve the right to rule in her stead.

For whom will you fight: Prendota, the kind but youngest? Jocasta, the eldest but born of cruelty and fear? Or mysterious Zosia, who lurks in the shadows and is rumored to regularly consume the blood of orphans?

Answer the call, and restore peace to the Queendom - and pray you have chosen wisely.

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. IRC is the best way to get in touch with me outside of PMs, as I only check my email every other day or so.

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be honest about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Try not to post like an illiterate. I know capitalization and grammar are difficult, but you're all adults. A modicum of effort goes a long way. If your posting gets especially bad, you even risk being put on probation and then replaced. Neither you nor I want to have to deal with that.

Every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Anyway! This game is for 25 players. Players new and old are all welcome, however deferential treatment will be given to newer players.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Approximated Votecount; not assured to be 100% accurate!
:c:

Current Phase: GAME OVER
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

Mod: Ecco
Comod: Ixtlilton

Player List:

1) CapitalistPig
2) CCKeane
3) chaoslord
4) Crazyeyes
5) JakeP
6) Jamuraan dorkanoid
7) Juanito
8) kilran
9) Little Mac
10) Meinberg
11) merk
12) Met
13) Opopanax
14) QuoProQuid tearshed
15) Rarity
16) Rascyc
17) Somberbrero
18) Tremendous Taste
19) winvirus
20) wins32767
21) yuming

Night 0: Varinn, Enhidu, Townsperson (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 1: Crazyeyes, Parsin, Follower (mafia-aligned goon), executed.
Night 1: Meinberg, Farkhan, Constable (town-aligned cop), died. Tremendous Taste, Agruria, Townsperson (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 2: Rarity, Princess Zosia, Court Vizier (self-aligned serial killer), executed.
Night 2: Rascyc, Princess Prendota, Beloved (town-aligned mason recruiter), died. CapitalistPig, Asteres, Townsperson (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 3: JakeP, Worg, Spymaster (mafia-aligned contractor), modkilled.
Night 3: kilran, Haros, Journalist (town-aligned backup cop), died. Opopanax, Bivary, Herbalist (town-aligned backup doctor), died. Juanito, Grejis, Follower (mafia-aligned goon), died.
Day 4, Afternoon: Met, Cheb, Assassin (mafia-aligned assassin), daykilled.
Day 4, Execution: tearshed, Selannan, Townsperson (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 4: dorkanoid, Eidos, Townsperson (town-aligned vanilla), died. chaoslord, Pignose, Cleric (town-aligned doctor), died.
Day 5: merk, Menamphi, Townsperson (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 5: yuming, Koma, Taromancer (town-aligned psychiatrist), died. CCKeane, Yaqid, Royal Hunter (town-aligned tracker), died.
Day 6: winvirus, Lorkhan, Constable (town-aligned cop), executed. wins32767, Kalan, Townsperson (town-aligned vanilla mason), endgamed. Little Mac, Leos, Contract Killer (town-aligned killer), endgamed.

:gibs:
Somberbrero, Princess Jocasta, Captain of the Royal Guard (mafia-aligned dayvig), won.

MAFIA VICTORY
GAME OVER

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 10, 2014

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi guys

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I live with Opop and Little Mac, sorry that I forgot to mention it before. We also share a computer. winvirus usually crashes here, but we had to kick him out because he peed on the futon again.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hi

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
CCKeane confirmed evil.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I can smell his orphan breath from here.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hooray! Everyone except Jamuraan should have their role PMs; check your inboxes and emails. Thank you for being patient with me!

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

A Sample PM posted:

Varinn - Enhidu - Townsperson (town-aligned vanilla)
Queen Krelo the Just was an honest and true ruler of the land; she was a skilled diplomat, a brave defender of peace, and a humble servant of the Holy Wood. Everyone who spoke with her felt like they were exalted on high. Her death has left a deep hole in your hearts. But, her youngest daughter Prendota, despite being thrice removed from the throne, has that same quality about her, that deep, fundamental kindness. Her sisters Jocasta the Terrible and Zosia the Dark are higher up in the line of succession, true, but you are siding with Prendota the Beautiful, and so is the vast majority of the kingdom. Still, the usurped are starting a war over it, but you and the rest of the Queendom will just need to make them realize that, succession laws be damned, this is what's best for the whole Queendom.
You are part of Prendota's Faction! You seek to put Lady Prendota onto the throne of Arrentia. To that end, you win when all non-town aligned players have been eliminated from the game.
You currently have no outstanding powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: Varinn, Enhidu, Townsperson (town-aligned vanilla), had his heart ripped out and consumed night 0. :s:

Note that if something about a player's flip has changed since they received their role PM, the original information will appear slashed through. For instance: "Backup Cop."

Flips may sometimes be played with for my amusement; if there are multiple "flips" for the same person in the same post, assume the final flip is the correct one.

The game should be beginning shortly!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It's me I'm queen of the OP :sun:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hello

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hey guys, I'm vt.

That's what my role pm said.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NEWSPOSTING:
QUEEN KRELO HAS PASSED AWAY; REBORN AS A BRANCH OF HOLY TREE.
CIVIL WAR IMMINENT: JOCASTA HEIR APPARENT, BUT QUEENDOM RISES IN FAVOR OF PRENDOTA THE YOUNGEST.
FIRST BLOOD DRAWN; INNOCENT KILLED; CONSTABLES BAFFLED.
OP ED: "Gosh, I just miss Krelo so much!"

:s: Varinn, Enhidu, Townsperson (town-aligned vanilla), had his heart ripped out and consumed night 0. :s:

It is now Day 1.
:h: With 21 alive it takes 11 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Tuesday, August 19th, ~11PM EDT.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Juanito posted:

I live with Opop and Little Mac, sorry that I forgot to mention it before. We also share a computer. winvirus usually crashes here, but we had to kick him out because he peed on the futon again.

We call our house NAFTA

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming posted:

It's me I'm queen of the OP :sun:

EccoRaven posted:

NEWSPOSTING:
QUEEN KRELO HAS PASSED AWAY; REBORN AS A BRANCH OF HOLY TREE.
CIVIL WAR IMMINENT: JOCASTA HEIR APPARENT, BUT QUEENDOM RISES IN FAVOR OF PRENDOTA THE YOUNGEST.
FIRST BLOOD DRAWN; INNOCENT KILLED; CONSTABLES BAFFLED.
OP ED: "Gosh, I just miss Krelo so much!"

Rip Yuming

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hey guys, I'm town.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meinberg posted:

Hey guys, I'm town.

God dammit meinberg.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Long live queen me, long live queen me!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

God dammit meinberg.

Uh... I think it's supposed to be

god DAMNIT meinberg

Way to be RC Cola, CPig.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming posted:

Long live queen me, long live queen me!

she speaks from beyond the grave :ghost:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meinberg posted:

Uh... I think it's supposed to be

god DAMNIT meinberg

Way to be RC Cola, CPig.

I love rc cola

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

god DAMNIT meinberg

Good casework

##vote Meinberg

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I love rc cola

And you call yourself a capitalist. I'm sickened of you. It's almost like you have no respect for those lost in the terror of the Cola wars.

Rarity posted:

Good casework

##vote Meinberg

rude

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:henget:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

:negative:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Juanito posted:

I have given him express permission to do so.

Because it is not my futon.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meinberg posted:

And you call yourself a capitalist. I'm sickened of you. It's almost like you have no respect for those lost in the terror of the Cola wars.

rude

I am from the American south good sir, I will drink my rc cola and eat my moonpies and there's nothing you can say about it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I am from the American south good sir, I will drink my rc cola and eat my moonpies and there's nothing you can say about it.

I'm from Texas, where we call a sprite a coke. Check mate, scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meinberg posted:

I'm sorry for your loss : (

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Meinberg posted:

I'm from Georgia and we don't even do that. What the hell, Meinberg?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Isn't all pop/soda really just Coke?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I am completely unconfirmed!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Juanito posted:

Nah

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Meinberg posted:

I'm from Texas, where we call a Sprite a Sprite, you must be from Houston or some inbred part of west Texas. The panhandle maybe?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Jamuraan posted:

I'm from Texas, where we call a Sprite a Sprite, you must be from Houston or some inbred part of west Texas. The panhandle maybe?

Houston is a perfectly fine city, except for the whole swamp thing.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Crap I'm confirmed

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Juanito posted:

Thank you for being inclusively bilingual

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Juanito posted:

What is this heresy?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

QuoProQuid posted:

What is this heresy?
Oh sorry

soft drink

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Hi friends. I'm the cop. I investigated someone night zero and they're scum. I will reveal who once I can look at the OP. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

It was Meinberg. He scum. Sorry ##vote meinberg that's what u get for hating queen prodenta

• Locked thread