Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I am prepared to vote for the legal murder day bill if we can attach my farm subsidy appropriation and my proclamation of June 15th as asparagus day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hi im a southern senator thats been in office approximately since the earths crust solidified and im going to spend my allotted speaking time trying real loving hard not to say friend of the family

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
admit it op how much is nbcuniversal paying you to post this

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

*makes a reasonable point*
*gets shouted down*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Look, like I like the ideas here, but I just feel like this might have a way of coming around and biting us in the rear end.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

hi im a southern senator thats been in office approximately since the earths crust solidified and im going to spend my allotted speaking time trying real loving hard not to say friend of the family

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Perhaps the gentleman from North Dakota would care to disclose his ties to the balaclava and machete industries.

Badass
Apr 14, 2014

Why c-span specifically

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Badass posted:

Why c-span specifically

because if he said msnbc it would be to obvious and also unblieveable because nobody watch that poo poo

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
It's a great idea in my opinion

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Badass posted:

Why c-span specifically

because they televise congressional sessions and that is their main draw?

what are you retarded

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Lawman 0 posted:

*makes a reasonable point*
*gets shouted down*

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm the random insane C-SPAN caller who gets to talk about a completely unrelated issue for minutes

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Look, the Constitution's guarantee of the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is not necessarily a guarantee of the right to life.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i yield the remainder of my time to my good friend the senator from texas who i not so secretly despise

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The president's executive order allowing VA hospitals to remain open to treat veterans wounded by Purge activities represents a gross violation of the separation of powers, trying to make an end run around the will of Congress and the American people to have a day where they can murder one another without interference by the nanny state. He thinks he's Caesar.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Ladies and Gentlemen, can't we all agree that we have been inspired, nay, forced into this by Honey Boo Boo and the Kardashians?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wait, all laws? Wouldn't that make sodomy legal in Alabama? I can't even allowed that for a day.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

My daddy was in politics and therefore, so am I. I look good in a suit.

*senior colleague whispers in ear*

Murder is good. I like it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
we must not allow uh *looks at notes* government overreach to continue uhhh stifling *looks at notes* *coughs* job growth and passing the uhhhhhh burden of *looks at notes* *looks for missing page* debt and overspending on to our children *makes stiff oratorical gesture* and our childrens children

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

look this bill has nothing to do with telling people what not to do like abortions, gay marriage, or healthcare so frankly as a libertarian i'm just not interested

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lol what are they gonna do about it, vote us out of a gerrymandered state?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
wait someone's in the rafters... bah gawd its ted cruz! hes repelling onto the house floor and... yes! he has the speaker in a chokehold!

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

I'm the one staring off into space daydreaming about what I'm going to eat when this is over.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

i'd like to hold the floor for a few years while i read the classic dr. seuss book "the cat in the hat" as slowly as humanly possible

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Tired of all the crime in the USA? Let's consider The Purge! I can teach you how to murder men, women, children, puppies, even babies... LEGALLY! Once we kill everybody, there won't be any crime! Everyone wins!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

By trying to change the topic of debate to my Purge Day Fortress and surrounding Moat, the Speaker is lowering himself to the base rhetoric of the politics of envy and class warfare.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would just like to point out that this will probably lead to our Justices in the Supreme Court murdering each other every year.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Listen, Chad, we have to throw the death lobby a bone here with this one

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

How can we sure this bill isn't simply ploy by Big Murder?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

The Droid posted:

How can we sure this bill isn't simply ploy by Big Murder?

You have my guarantee, I control the murder around here

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

*filibusters for 12 hours straight reading War & Peace until an Environmental Impact Report is done to judge the effect of the The Purge on the local bug life*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Look, we are all war criminals already.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

honestly i prefer talking about this to considering any of the senate's proposals but maybe we could vote to repeal some stuff instead? you know what i'm talking about

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hello i am mr. smith from frank capra's mr. smith goes to washington and i do not support this bil- oh my what are you doing with those knives oh no oh nooo

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
i move that we members of congress be exempt from the murderee bits but not the murderer bits, go mizzou

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Look I am just saying every day is purge day for the police why don't we get any of the fun?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

i'm confident in supporting this bill because of my numerous bodyguards i entrust with the safety of my life, my estate, and my vast piles of money invested into gold

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

sluggo is mad posted:

i move that we members of congress be exempt from the murderee bits but not the murderer bits, go mizzou

brb texting a hot tip to matt drudge about congressional exemptions from OBAMAPURGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

*comes in dressed like an extra from the road warrior*
wait you mean we haven't started yet?

• Locked thread