Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
does this make me a woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
They help u menstruate better.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
never heard of it

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH
they are better than clif bars, for sure

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

It means you're a werewolf, OP. Just don't drink Coors Light and you're set.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the only ones I have eaten have been 4-5 years old each so I am not a fan. they taste like granola that's going rancid

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
they're great when you're not feeling so fresh

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

yeah hmm I'm not feeling too good so I'll eat a tongue sized block of stale oatmeal covered in lemon smegma

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
all those energy bars or whatever have the taste and texture of some sort of suppliment they give to sick horses

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

potee posted:

all those energy bars or whatever have the taste and texture of some sort of suppliment they give to sick horses

cliff bars, white chocolate macadamian at least, are pretty tasty and are headquartered/manufactured(?) locally.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Xaris posted:

cliff bars, white chocolate macadamian at least, are pretty tasty and headquartered locally so i don't mind.
those things are so dry and hard it's ridiculous

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
health food should always be over priced, not really all that healthy and it should definitely have sucralose in it. expect this trend to continue until everyone here is dead. make sure in huge letters it says no gluten- this is important to the 98.2 percent of grocery buyers who do not have celiac's disease but refuse to believe any other explanation of their incredibly long list of shortcomings in fitness

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
really? they're always pretty soft (i mean they're still a bar, but they're definitely mashable) and chewey for me. did you have a stale one or something?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Xaris posted:

really? they're always pretty soft (i mean they're still a bar, but they're definitely mashable) and chewey for me. did you have a stale one or something?
i dunno man, probably. the ones I've eaten were probably the driest bar I've had. I went through a pretty big box and they were all like that. I guess it must have been old

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

eat what you want, OP

naem
May 29, 2011

Luna bars exist exclusively for eating the morning after waking up hung over at your new potential girlfriends hippie grad school apt because she has no other food items

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I prefer Empire.

naem
May 29, 2011

Not the hot one you wanted to date, and not one of the the super young ones who travels in packs, the really skinny one with nice legs and no boobs who always has like $3000 worth of hiking gear in her living room and no furniture.

There's like 7 kinds of herbal tea but the only breakfast is a random Luna bar she pulls out and seems weirdly excited about and it's one of those lemon ones and the flavor mixes with the smell of lady parts on your breath still

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

naem posted:

Not the hot one you wanted to date, and not one of the the super young ones who travels in packs, the really skinny one with nice legs and no boobs who always has like $3000 worth of hiking gear in her living room and no furniture.

There's like 7 kinds of herbal tea but the only breakfast is a random Luna bar she pulls out and seems weirdly excited about and it's one of those lemon ones and the flavor mixes with the smell of lady parts on your breath still

please continue

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

a hole-y ghost posted:

those things are so dry and hard it's ridiculous

that's what she said

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

I'm glad you like them. Your mom likes my "bars" also.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnZ73uLyTCs

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
oh yeah! bars are better

naem
May 29, 2011

You realize later that she likes the kind of blue collar style macho man act you can only pull off drunk since deep down you're a soft shy hippie exactly like her dad was, who she quietly resents

Maintaining the farce becomes a challenge and you start arguing constantly, which somehow turns you both on and you keep loving angrily on your ikea futon and you have to hide all your grad school era literature texts and you find yourself staging boxes of nails and like power tools around your place like some kind of cargo cult manly man, meanwhile the hot one turns out to be her best friend and she's into you and dammit should have, gone for the blonde,

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

naem posted:

settling is always the basis for a healthy relationship

naem
May 29, 2011

The dry taste of lemon, crumbling, like your will, bitter "tea" massaging your esophagus, a pale imitation of a true breakfast, a pale imitation of true love, long, sinewy legs framed in the sunlight, ARCHTERYX NORTHFACE the names like incantations warding off true adulthood, I CAN ALWAYS TEACH AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL she rationalizes, your seed still drying on her far trade cruelty free cotton undergarments,

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

naem posted:

You realize later that she likes the kind of blue collar style macho man act you can only pull off drunk since deep down you're a soft shy hippie exactly like her dad was, who she quietly resents

Maintaining the farce becomes a challenge and you start arguing constantly, which somehow turns you both on and you keep loving angrily on your ikea futon and you have to hide all your grad school era literature texts and you find yourself staging boxes of nails and like power tools around your place like some kind of cargo cult manly man, meanwhile the hot one turns out to be her best friend and she's into you and dammit should have, gone for the blonde,

drat man

this sounds a little too harsh not to be true

naem
May 29, 2011

bloated, purple, dead on a toilet seat,

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
was this the art school girl who hosed everybody?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like luna bars. I used to eat them at work and a co-worker knew I liked them and she got a big box of cliff bars for free. I took one bite and it was so overly sugary and sweet I couldn't even finish it. gently caress cliff bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Why are there so many of these things flavored with chocolate? Like... man I just killed that workout bro! Can't wait to munch on a chocolate bar! Oh this melty, lovely tasting chocolate just hits the loving spot wow! :wow:

• Locked thread