Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Rascyc posted:

I don't think it's null at all when I re-read that post he made in Zombie Beaver mafia and subsequent posts. Hum.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, honestly it feels a bit different because merk keeps bringing up an example he did when he was scum. So I do get the impression that he went looking for scum tells he might have had and pursued them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah I don't buy that one myself. He's not a mafia newb, referencing a very recent game like it was some great epitome for finding scum seems more like persuasive statements to get other people to vote you than it does in actually sussing out a scum mindset.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

Fake content, lazy content, bizarro content, etc.

I'm reminded of a game where you were scum and blasted Yuming for 'fake content' and it genuinely looked like she had faked it and then got vigged for it. In reality she had just posted some really bizarro stuff. So I'm not ready to just walk face first into this one personally.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608168&userid=37071#post425881183

Are you saying that Keane's content here is 'bizarro' and not fake? There's a pretty clear difference. Yes, I convinced Town as Scum in another game that yuming was faking content when she wasn't. I'm not sure how that situation fits here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Like, expanding on this, even scum want to make cases that aren't dumb. Agreeing with a dumb case is worse since the flaws in logic and such are usually much easier for someone besides the poster to see.

What do you think or Rasyc? If you're Town, he looks like someone who wants to speak negatively about a case on Town to look townie himself. His reasoning doesn't make any sense since he isn't calling me scum and he is comparing an apple to an orange (as he so admits himself - fake vs. bizarro).

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Are you saying that Keane's content here is 'bizarro' and not fake? There's a pretty clear difference. Yes, I convinced Town as Scum in another game that yuming was faking content when she wasn't. I'm not sure how that situation fits here.

Oh come on, if you can't see a parallel you're being willingly obtuse.

merk posted:

What do you think or Rasyc? If you're Town, he looks like someone who wants to speak negatively about a case on Town to look townie himself. His reasoning doesn't make any sense since he isn't calling me scum and he is comparing an apple to an orange (as he so admits himself - fake vs. bizarro).

I didn't like him before, but since he is calling bullshit on your dumb case I like him more.

Obviously I can't really be objective here, but bringing up past behavior that you have done is a good addition in and of itself, but you do have a very strong point that he hasn't made a strong accusation on you yet, so it does seem like it could be a testing the waters post of sorts.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

merk posted:

I'm not sure how that situation fits here.
Heh, come on, you can live up to your reputation better than this.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't buy it, I do not want to vote keane

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
To answer the question: CC's content reads as a pretty generic player who wants to get through d1. He's voted 2 isolated posts, one with light reasoning (myself) and another (Kilran) that segued into his CE read - which was becoming a topic. His post wouldn't even be a topic I suspect if Merk didn't highlight it as strong as he did, and push it as hard as he has (to the point that CC went bonkers).

I can't really judge CC's motivations personally. There's not enough there to really call fake. As far as I can tell it's based on a few words he used in his CE post. If you remove that sentence and just think of it in terms of reads, it doesn't look fake to me.

I mean I don't like CC's reactions to everything due to the level of MAD but it's true he has died a lot lately on d1 from what games I remember following. I'd have to double check that. I do remember it took pretty much no effort to get CC vigged in the last game I was scum as well because he got angry about even being considered a suspect.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

Heh, come on, you can live up to your reputation better than this.

So are you saying merk is scum here?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

CCKeane posted:

So are you saying merk is scum here?
It's a good question. I haven't decided.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't get angry, its just that I am a passionate person.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't like the attitude behind merk's argument here. I need to reassess the situation.

PS I don't know if I have let you all know but I have transformed into super yuming, no longer susceptible to being goaded into being upset about internet games.

Now, scum can only hope I am wrong, AHAHAHA :sparkles:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

I don't like the attitude behind merk's argument here. I need to reassess the situation.

PS I don't know if I have let you all know but I have transformed into super yuming, no longer susceptible to being goaded into being upset about internet games.

Now, scum can only hope I am wrong, AHAHAHA :sparkles:

Well what if I point out...THAT PUPPIES STINK!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Well what if I point out...THAT PUPPIES STINK!

Puppies do smell weird.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I find this lengthy and heated argument between Keane and Merk to be, while enlightening, a bit out of hand.

"Doesn't generate content" is a poor excuse to argue for someone's death on D1. There isn't enough time for content to be made. Also the logic that only scum fake content is incredibly naive of a player as veteran as yourself.

That said Keane seems to be almost willfully refusing to answer questions put to him. His posts have a very goofy tone to them that I am not sure if is his posting style or subterfuge.

yuming posted:

~on why winvirus' tone is scummy and not just lol Jokes~

Winvirus is out of sync with the landscape of the game. I read him as forcing content and there's an artificiality to his tone.

The first post I see as a real-but-scum opinion: win was legit trying to look like he was participating. His other early posts fit with this.

The second post is all internally conflicted about giving actual opinions and dismissing ones that have attracted negative attention for winvirus. I'm having a hard time explaining what I mean here, but he explains away his early behavior but still holds similar opinions (see: Somb). It doesn't follow a natural trajectory of thought and that makes me feel like winvirus is inventing the reads he's made.

I've italicized the parts that bother me the most tone-wise, also.

I don't buy it. Winvirus has unfailing called people/cases dumb and been somewhat rude in every game I have seen him in.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Crazyeyes posted:

I find this lengthy and heated argument between Keane and Merk to be, while enlightening, a bit out of hand.

"Doesn't generate content" is a poor excuse to argue for someone's death on D1. There isn't enough time for content to be made. Also the logic that only scum fake content is incredibly naive of a player as veteran as yourself.

That said Keane seems to be almost willfully refusing to answer questions put to him. His posts have a very goofy tone to them that I am not sure if is his posting style or subterfuge.

I don't buy it. Winvirus has unfailing called people/cases dumb and been somewhat rude in every game I have seen him in.

What question haven't I answered?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Rasyc - his analysis sounds like bullshit with fine clothes on. He cites to another game to try to accentuate a point he's making, but he can't even talk intelligently about how that situation is relevant here (bizarro vs. fake).

That's all I have at the moment. It feels right, but I don't have anything better to say besides the above yet.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Crazyeyes posted:

That isn't the case on Keane. Crazyeyes is my #2 at the moment, I'm downgrading Keane. Crazyeyes didn't even read my case on Keane. I never used that quote nor does my case even remotely reflect that quote.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Wow merk!!

You just proved my point for me!!

Thank you :sun:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Crazyeyes posted:

This post also says nothing other than telling people how wrong their cases are, just like I originally voted CE. The guy doesn't have an original thought on who is scum, only thoughts on who is wrong about who is scum.

##vote CE

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

Wow merk!!

You just proved my point for me!!

Thank you :sun:

Huh?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You need to invite, this is an ecco game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote CE

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I was expecting something like that as a response from you. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it because it would be a pretty neat way of avoiding suspicion for scum. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and ##unvote for now. But I'll be keeping an eye on you, buddy!

I agree with others that Ras is looking suspect at the moment. I'm also a bit put off by CCKeane, I don't like him using his recent D1 deaths to plea for survival. Conversely, I like Somber's effort and I feel like he's town.

Crazyeyes upgraded his vote on Rarity from a joke to a serious post after Rarity made this post. Crazyeyes, what sparked you to upgrade your vote based on this post?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I was all like hmmm, is merk being scummy in his pursuit here? And then you made a vote that made me all like OMG yes! (Rascyc-- it was that vote.)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

I was all like hmmm, is merk being scummy in his pursuit here? And then you made a vote that made me all like OMG yes! (Rascyc-- it was that vote.)

Oh yeah, that's mostly gut for me. His analysis in that whole citing another game thing feels made up - the argument seems really scattered.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

merk posted:

##vote Rasyc - his analysis sounds like bullshit with fine clothes on. He cites to another game to try to accentuate a point he's making, but he can't even talk intelligently about how that situation is relevant here (bizarro vs. fake).

That's all I have at the moment. It feels right, but I don't have anything better to say besides the above yet.
What is there to talk intelligently about? I don't think CC's content was very fakey, I've seen you go after people by framing their content as fake. It's really that simple and I called you on it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

To answer the question: CC's content reads as a pretty generic player who wants to get through d1. He's voted 2 isolated posts, one with light reasoning (myself) and another (Kilran) that segued into his CE read - which was becoming a topic. His post wouldn't even be a topic I suspect if Merk didn't highlight it as strong as he did, and push it as hard as he has (to the point that CC went bonkers).

I can't really judge CC's motivations personally. There's not enough there to really call fake. As far as I can tell it's based on a few words he used in his CE post. If you remove that sentence and just think of it in terms of reads, it doesn't look fake to me.

I mean I don't like CC's reactions to everything due to the level of MAD but it's true he has died a lot lately on d1 from what games I remember following. I'd have to double check that. I do remember it took pretty much no effort to get CC vigged in the last game I was scum as well because he got angry about even being considered a suspect.

This post is ridiculous. What do you say to that?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
you jelly

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Anyway what's ridiculous about it?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

This post is ridiculous. What do you say to that?
Hi scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

Anyway what's ridiculous about it?

If it's a serious post, it sounds like it was written by a crazy person. Stephen King probably spends less time writing the first five paragraphs of a new novel that it took you to write that post.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm playing a forum based game of mafia with more than 13 people. Sanity left me a long time ago, friend.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

If it's a serious post, it sounds like it was written by a crazy person. Stephen King probably spends less time writing the first five paragraphs of a new novel that it took you to write that post.
merk is actively trying to knock players off balance.

Calling Rascyc a "crazy person" is scummy. He's putting insults over substance.

tsk tsk merk.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
My dog smells but he is also awesome so.

~my thoughts on merk~ When he initially votes Keane and explains himself (here) it seems sincere enough to me.

Around (here) Keane is getting frustrated. Frustration is a null tell! merk proceeds to hammer at the point which is also null.

TURNING POINT

CCKeane posted:

I'm saying pretty much straight up that, outside of one post that seemed weird to me, nothing is standing out. This isn't faked content, it's saying I don't think there is anything.

Seriously, what does everybody think they'd say if they were asked to look (at literally ten posts, several of them jokey) someone who didn't have anything that looked weird?

It really, really is a bullshit case and Rarity and Juanito are scummy for supporting it.
Imagine you were Keane and didn't have a strong read on CE but merk asked you about him. You gave him the only read you had, then merk goes after you.

^^This^^ is the post of a guy who sounds sincere and truthful about the weak early read that he had. I don't think Keane is scummy at this point.

Next,

merk posted:

What do you think of Rasyc? If you're Town, he looks like someone who wants to speak negatively about a case on Town to look townie himself.

His reasoning doesn't make any sense since he isn't calling me scum and he is comparing an apple to an orange (as he so admits himself - fake vs. bizarro).
I feel merk's casework getting sinister here. He was pushing really hard with Keane and I think it's obtuse he doesn't see the parallel to the other game.

Rascyc's point is town can make "fake" sounding content too. There is no meaningful distinction between fake and bizarro. It's subjective.

If you then go after the right player for said content they will get frustrated (which I stand by as null!) and make themselves look bad enough that they will become an easier target.

merk posted:

Rascyc's point is that that is exactly what merk did in a previous game to me, and ^^here is merk picking at nits to try and invent some weird distinction between "fake" and "bizarro" to twist this argument in his favor.

When inside he's like ~abort mission I hope no one is paying attention and I can just slide of this~

----

I profile merk as scum who picked Keane as an easy target. Now he's trying to throw up a distraction because Rascyc is drawing attention to his scum-motivated actions.

##vote merk

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

merk posted:

This post also says nothing other than telling people how wrong their cases are, just like I originally voted CE. The guy doesn't have an original thought on who is scum, only thoughts on who is wrong about who is scum.

##vote CE

You said "Only scum fake content" which is functionally identical to saying "Only scum make up content". You are being excessively nit-picky because you know you are wrong but refuse to admit it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##unvote

##Vote merk

I'm just gonna do what yuming does.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Crazyeyes posted:

You said "Only scum fake content" which is functionally identical to saying "Only scum make up content". You are being excessively nit-picky because you know you are wrong but refuse to admit it.
Hey ignore his stupid scum votes. You can make reads without his bullshit.

Do you think merk is a scum? I like this better than wv.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This isn't scum merk. My bingo card is mostly empty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

This isn't scum merk. My bingo card is mostly empty
What's on the card.