Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

kilran posted:

Yuming played exactly 1 game before I started and we played in a LOT of games while we cut our teeth on Mafia.
I don't know if this really explains anything, I just thought it was a really curious thing to say. I'm genuinely curious what you find scummy about her, since I practically feel ride/die with Yuming atm since we hit the same conclusions about Merk but traveled different paths to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I feel good about yuming just cause this is the first time I've seen her make a real effort and I appreciate that. I know, "meta" but a read is a read.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

I feel good about yuming just cause this is the first time I've seen her make a real effort and I appreciate that. I know, "meta" but a read is a read.

Probably confirmation bias at this point but just chiming in to agree with a town consensus make me wants to lynch you.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is it really a town consensus when Kilran just called her scum? lol

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
kilran said he always thinks yuming is scum, even though he hasn't played in 15 months.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
See, where it started was Yuming going "CapitalistPig is ~~~~so~~~~~ town :sun: :sun:" on the basis of a handful of posts which are entirely useless joke posts / votes. Then Wins asks about ChaosLord...

yuming posted:

He hasn't posted much. I want to see more before I make a call!

And in the next breath he hasn't posted enough. That's incredibly inconsistent for her. I know she's got her theory of mind but how can you possibly read anything into CapitalistPig's thought process?

This post stinks to me. WV reads to me as someone making some jokes and then getting quickly exasperated. I really don't get how she reaches her conclusion and it strikes me as manufactured.

Part of the reason I think Yuming is scummy is she has this habit of ~~deciding~~ something is fact and then making the evidence fit. Like here. WinVirus was clearly making a lovely joke. That's obvious. And the fact that people thought it was some kind of stupid Scum Slip is where his tone gets exasperated.

Yuming states her entire argument is down to his tone. I just feels like she's spinning out facts.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Juanito posted:

kilran said he always thinks yuming is scum, even though he hasn't played in 15 months.

He did think yuming was scum on day 1 in the last game he played. His justification there was that yuming posted once and then bailed which seems the opposite here... but whatever. That's kind of a null tell to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

Is it really a town consensus when Kilran just called her scum? lol

I feel it too and I dunno how you could read yuming as scum in this game. Even aside that it's white noise.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ehhhh I can see where he's coming from, I just don't agree on his conclusions of how he's reading Yuming.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

I feel it too and I dunno how you could read yuming as scum in this game. Even aside that it's white noise.

Would you rather I lurked and not share my opinions?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

merk posted:

He did think yuming was scum on day 1 in the last game he played. His justification there was that yuming posted once and then bailed which seems the opposite here... but whatever. That's kind of a null tell to me.

Yuming effort posts when she's town. She loves being VT. If she has a role, she tends to hang back. When she's scum, she hangs back.

But this is ~15 months ago Yuming~. What do I know? I just do not like her argument and feel I've explained why.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

Yuming effort posts when she's town. She loves being VT. If she has a role, she tends to hang back. When she's scum, she hangs back.

But this is ~15 months ago Yuming~. What do I know? I just do not like her argument and feel I've explained why.

She's clearly effort posting in this game so why do you think she's scum?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

kilran posted:

*Mafia Edit*

When she's scum, she limits her posting.

I remember several wall o'text wars between her and Wins. And her and myself. Heck her and anyone.

But people's play style evolves and it would be a disservice to think that she hasn't. Its just I think her argument for WV is bogus and it rings an alarm bell v:(v

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Ah wait, you have explained your case. My question should be: how do you feel about what you just said conflicting with that?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

Haha that's not Yuming effort posting but its early in the game.

And I've told you why: I explained it in my post.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

Ah wait, you have explained your case. My question should be: how do you feel about what you just said conflicting with that?

See and this is why I am voting you. Prodding people along on your little mafia map of europe.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

I'm not going to coach you on how to post but there's an obvious difference between content and white noise. If you're town then yeah I would appreciate it if you would stop posting scummy so that we don't waste a lynch.

I think this kilran/yuming stuff is actually distracting and bad and I'm sorry I started some of it because it's giving people something easy to respond to rather than talking about merk. I wanna hear more merkchat. I also want someone else to vote winvirus but we occupy a world of constant disappointments.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh relax, the dude's been gone for a year. WE GOTTA BRING HIM BACK UP TO SPEED

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Anyway fwiw yuming posts a lot less these days compared to the games I've read in the archives where she played. It's a null tell these days.

This is probably the most I've ever seen her post in a single game day, hence the surprise

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

See and this is why I am voting you. Prodding people along on your little mafia map of europe.

I only do this irl

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not going to coach you on how to post but there's an obvious difference between content and white noise. If you're town then yeah I would appreciate it if you would stop posting scummy so that we don't waste a lynch.

I think this kilran/yuming stuff is actually distracting and bad and I'm sorry I started some of it because it's giving people something easy to respond to rather than talking about merk. I wanna hear more merkchat. I also want someone else to vote winvirus but we occupy a world of constant disappointments.

Which is why I didn't want to get into it. Its my opinion based on out of date data. However, at least you all know why I am not just going to trust Yuming and vote WV.

I do urge you to go back through the thread and re-read Rarity in context of other people's posts.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Anyway, I'm going to bed. I'll respond further tomorrow.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Okay, I'm going to level with you guys. The truth of the matter is that I've been getting null reads on everyone so far. The early business with Winvirus got me into things, but I will admit that once things progressed further, I kinda got lost in the tumble of things. I probably need to do a full re-read to try and rebuild context for everything.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I am doing the counting of votes now.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Meinberg posted:

Okay, I'm going to level with you guys. The truth of the matter is that I've been getting null reads on everyone so far. The early business with Winvirus got me into things, but I will admit that once things progressed further, I kinda got lost in the tumble of things. I probably need to do a full re-read to try and rebuild context for everything.
someone say it instead of me, I've already taken my turn

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
So QuoProQuid has found himself banned after a failed toxx and Jamuraan has requested a replacement; if anyone is reading along who would like to make their marks on the game, speak up!

Also I demanded Ixt make a votecount and he has yet to deliver; I bet whatever discrete group Ixt is part of, that group is well-known for being unreliable!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

someone say it instead of me, I've already taken my turn

How about we chain quote it. Here, I'll start!

God.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DAMNIT

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

meinberg

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
JonJoe!

e: :negative:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rarity posted:

Things I have literally said when flailing as scum on Day 1.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Update:

QuoProQuid is replaced by Millzus
Jamuraan is replaced by dorkanoid

Hooray!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ya'll post too damned much. I am reading whenever I can at work here but I mean goddamn

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Sup

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

##vote merk

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Can I have a summary from yuming of her merk case, and a summary from merk of his CE case please?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

~~ooo nooo, merk is bad and he's being inconsistent and scummy!~:sun:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I asked for a replacement. I'm not playing in a game with Mills/yuming after multiple OOT violations resulting in multiple ruined games. Later all.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
merk and I can replace each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Is there even a single example of that happening?

• Locked thread