Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

The best part of the ALS ice bucket challenge is that everyone feels the need to explain what the ALS ice bucket challenge is at the start of their video.

Haha wrong window YOU BIG SILLY.

merk posted:

Anyway, the CE case is good for any other day of a case and exceptionally great for a day 1 case.

I think this is overstating the case a great deal, but it IS solid for a day 1 case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also before anybody flips, this is an ecco game and ecco often has multiple scum teams and such. So we shouldn't be like "OH WELL SO AND SO WAS PUSHING THIS CASE" as a confirmation of townhood.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

CCKeane posted:

Also before anybody flips, this is an ecco game and ecco often has multiple scum teams and such. So we shouldn't be like "OH WELL SO AND SO WAS PUSHING THIS CASE" as a confirmation of townhood.
this is scummy

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

this is scummy

It's scummy to say, but it's true and I anticipate posturing using this and I'd like to cut that off early. About the last million billion ecco games have had multiple scum teams.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I bet he doesn't because we had a discussion about this like two months ago where a couple people said they found multiple scum teams really boring (which is true)~

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

CCKeane posted:

well I definitely don't think you're town now

##unvote

##vote Keane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Everybody is the worst.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
CE is Keane confirmed Scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Oh, yeah, this guy. This is real bad.

Merk I've already said or agreed with most of your case. None of that influences why I'm voting you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I post a big case and the only reaction I get is 'I like point 1 but not point 2' with a vote change solely because I posted tickets to a cubs game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

I post a big case and the only reaction I get is 'I like point 1 but not point 2' with a vote change solely because I posted tickets to a cubs game.

As an stl native I can confirm that is a scumtell.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

Well cubs are nice so ##unvote ##vote CE.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

merk posted:

maybe you should work on changing the culture some more

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

:siren: How can he make this vote in one breath but make a meta defense of winvirus in another? This is textbook Cpig regardless of alignment. This looks like a weak attempt to fake scum hunting.

Basically this part I agree the most with.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ras that was a really weird sequence of posts. Do you no longer think merk is scum or are you just keeping a promise?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The latter

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Here I am :sun:

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Thanks to my ridiculous commute being more ridiculous, I've been home for about 1 hour and I'm going to bed soon.

Suffice to say I am disappointed that no one has even bothered to re-read Rarity. I'm sensing that this is not going to happen d1. I have the instincts of a journalistic investigator. All I need is a lead.

I'm not voting merk. I think CE is a bad vote but its preferable to merk right now. CE posts weird and gets voted most games. Its an easy target and I don't like it. Similarly, merk has stuck his neck out, rubbed a few people the wrong way and if you're honest, that's the main reason you are voting him.

Yuming popped in, said a few things and when I called her out, she didn't even notice. I didn't even get a "rude" from her.

I'm saying it now: my vote on CE is a poo poo one and I feel forced into this. I'm not going to be around for deadline (FYI, I never am, I'm in the UK, so get used to it). If my vote is going to count, I'd rather have it count for the lesser of two evils.

##unvote

##vote Crazy Eyes

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
its like we waterboarded you or something

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

yuming posted:

Here I am :sun:

Ah there you are... your ability to sense I'm name dropping you is as uncanny as ever :D

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think I have ever seen a hedgier vote than kilrans vote right there

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

kilran posted:

Ah there you are... your ability to sense I'm name dropping you is as uncanny as ever :D
I haven't actually read the thread since ~page 13, so.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming posted:

I haven't actually read the thread since ~page 13, so.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

who should I vote for, Yuming

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

JakeP posted:

You can't really spin it as hedgy when I've literally stated "Hey, my vote is for the vote leader because if people are going to vote CE or merk, I'm going to vote CE".

If anyone bothered to actually re-read Rarity and discuss that, I'd vote her or Meinberg in a heartbeat.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Tremendous Taste posted:

who should I vote for, Yuming

Yourself. And do us all a favour.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I just moved my vote over to Rarity a few hours ago, I think she's terrible.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

word

kilran posted:

Thanks to my ridiculous commute being more ridiculous, I've been home for about 1 hour and I'm going to bed soon.

Suffice to say I am disappointed that no one has even bothered to re-read Rarity. I'm sensing that this is not going to happen d1. I have the instincts of a journalistic investigator. All I need is a lead.

Untrue. Rarity is scum, I'll vote her. Most of the thread will.

kilran posted:

I'm not voting merk. I think CE is a bad vote but its preferable to merk right now. CE posts weird and gets voted most games. Its an easy target and I don't like it. Similarly, merk has stuck his neck out, rubbed a few people the wrong way and if you're honest, that's the main reason you are voting him.

If CE is a bad vote then don't vote CE! I don't need to even go any further on this but how did merk stick his neck out if he's going after an easy target? That makes no sense.

kilran posted:

I'm saying it now: my vote on CE is a poo poo one and I feel forced into this. I'm not going to be around for deadline (FYI, I never am, I'm in the UK, so get used to it). If my vote is going to count, I'd rather have it count for the lesser of two evils.

##unvote

##vote Crazy Eyes

nope nope nope this sucks

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
literally half of this thread is scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

kilran posted:

Yourself. And do us all a favour.

stop projecting and just do it already :mrwhite:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
even... YOU!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

Where do I hammer at Keane's stubbornness?
I meant you hammer at your case in general, nothing Keane did specifically there.

merk posted:

Also, regarding Rascy, I didn't see the parallel to the other game because I was scum in that game and I'm town in this game. On top of that, Rasyc himself characterized the other game as 'bizarro' content whereas he failed to characterize Keane's content here at all. He is creating an analogous situation but can't analogize the content between games. He also doesn't even say I'm scummy. If he isn't prepared to call Keane's content something other than fake and say that I'm scummy for saying what I said, his analogy completely falls flat on his face.
Sometimes people toy with ideas and they're not sure. That's what I saw Rascyc doing, not everyone is so decisive ~and that's ok~

I'm going to reassess my case on merk after I finish reading through. Consider this a brief, unfinished introduction.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Alright. In case people see some sense, I'll leave my vote for Rarity. At least I'm voting with conviction.

##unvote

##vote Rarity

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

The latter

also call me stupid but this is a great way to abandon an inconvenient position.

like did you seriously think merk was lying about going to a baseball game? that's dumb.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##unvote
##vote no lynch

laters

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

##vote no lynch

laters

You're seriously the worst.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

You're seriously the worst.

:greenangel:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

I meant you hammer at your case in general, nothing Keane did specifically there.
About six month ago, I stopped proofreading my posts.

Making it clear specifically what I am referring when trying to explain my cases is something I lost, and now hope to get back.

obv not there yet.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I guess I'd voted Keane and not Rarity. I'd still vote Keane, but happy to vote Rarity.

##unvote

##vote Rarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm fine with Rarity but merk is scum!

His scumhunting today consists of piledriving a bad poster pretty much everyone has also called out. He refuses to claim and that's actively untown. It's a bullshit power play and I want to call him out on it. Putting it inside the content of "changing mafia culture" is so scummy holy poo poo. He is blatantly manipulating people and no one cares. His response to my poo poo was so disingenuous that it was like something that is also very disingenuous.

I am mad at mafia because merk is scum and I can't get him lynched because I'm not as good at this game. I think I have a problem.

• Locked thread