Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
if you need an extension i can extend deadline up to 3 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
How about 4 months and we can end the day right before Christmas eve

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grandi has said his top preferences are Hal and Opop so he'll probably hammer Hal when he gets here. Uranus was my #1 but if for whatever reason Grandi doesn't show back up I'll flip

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So it's Hal and Kumba I guess

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

So it's Hal and Kumba I guess

So it's derp and Opop I guess

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
im a goodguy you dingbats and im singlehandedly saving your idiot faces from loss

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Juanito posted:

I'm the seminal vesicle which has the fluid that becomes semen.

And I can't believe I just typed that out.

I can kill once a day publicly.
perhaps your vesicle needs a day to recharge so you don't pop half an ineffective load every day?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry buddy! I suppose it was kind of a gut read. I don't feel like you've said much of anything this game and it seems to me you aren't putting yourself out there at all with any opinions. This is all going from memory though, I didn't reread you or anything. Even now... what is YOUR opinion of me since I am probably going to be dead soon. It would behoove you to offer up something.

I feel stronger about Uranus still than I do about Juanito. I think his role is kind of strange... he has unlimited (non-working) vigs? I feel like that is more of a scummy power than a town one for some reason, but JakeP is also a bit of a bastard who might do that. I guess it's the unlimited attempts that weird me out.

Juanito, how is your power described in your PM?

Actually, I'm going to switch to Hal. This post rubs me the wrong way. I have like 30 posts and we're down to the end of the game and he couldn't even bother to check on me. Granted, I know there is not a lot there, but even saying "I reread you and you haven't done anything of substance" would have been a million times better than just goin "eh, from memory you haven't done much". Plus one of my most recent posts had been a decent sized one explaining who I thought was scum, which included an opinion on Hal so he should have known my thoughts on him. Heck, that was the post that got Opop to find the three town mason game which Hal noticed. Then he just kept on truckin by when I asked him about his vote and other opinions until I had to bring it up again. Plus,

Hal Incandenza posted:

Should I just vote myself and end this farce, or are any of you going to be less lazy and try and vote actual scum?

Willing to hammer self. I will never understand how this would be a town attitude.

##vote Hal

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hal Incandenza, we hardly knew ye :(

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

chaoslord posted:

I feel stronger about Uranus than I do you as I outlined here. Still on the fence and could go either way which is why I wanted you to respond. If nothing else it would give me at least another post of yours to read and chew over. My case on you is pretty much exactly your case on me, neither of us have really done much of anything this game.

To the thread as a whole, does anyone think this is LYLO? 15 person game and 1 3p. 4 person scum team would mean that 1/3 is non-town. Is that about right? I still haven't figured out what's typical for games of different sizes.
1 scum for every 4 players is the usual ratio. Always round down. 15 people games tend to have a third party too because 15 is a little weird to balance around since it's so close 16 which would give you 4 scum.

If you want a neat trick just divide the game size by 4 and then drop the decimal. 15/4 = 3.75, so it should 3 scum. .75 is pretty much a 3p and we already voted off the survivor d1.

Anyway Grandi has claimed to block 2 NKs at this point so I think we're pretty far ahead as it is.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hal was the Cowper's Gland. He never got any of the glory, but he served an important reproductive function (does it still count as reproductive if its masterbating?) If you want to learn about these functions ask Byers or something, I am working right now.

Hal Cowper's Gland- Vanilla Town was lynched day 5, dag

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
opop who are you nking tonight

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
derp same question

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I've got something I'll be using.. hopefully we'll have something useful tomorrow

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:negative: I am bad at mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:ghost: turd nuggets :ghost:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
sorry Hal :smith:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
nice hammer while I'm catching up

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
if you care so much why don't you marry it why don't you ask someone not to hammer

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kumbamontu posted:

opop who are you nking tonight

Probably derp to really confuse things

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Juanito posted:

if you care so much why don't you marry it why don't you ask someone not to hammer
please don't hammer in the future while I'm catching up tia

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
it doesn't count now, you have to ask when someone is like -2 or -1

you can still post your thoughts in case you get nked?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

JakeP posted:

Hal was the Cowper's Gland. He never got any of the glory, but he served an important reproductive function (does it still count as reproductive if its masterbating?) If you want to learn about these functions ask Byers or something, I am working right now.

:zombie:

A bulbourethral gland, also called a Cowper's gland for English anatomist William Cowper, is one of two small exocrine glands present in the reproductive system of many male mammals (of all domesticated animals, they are only absent in the dog). They are homologous to Bartholin's glands in females.

During sexual arousal each gland produces a clear, salty, viscous secretion known as pre-ejaculate. This fluid helps to lubricate the urethra for spermatozoa to pass through, neutralizing traces of acidic urine in the urethra, and helps flush out any residual urine or foreign matter.

A study published in Human Fertility in March of 2011 suggests that some human males often or always excrete sperm carried out of the body by Cowper's gland secretions prior to ejaculation, at concentrations similar to those found in their semen. This could result in the possibility of conception from the introduction of pre-ejaculate alone to the vagina, though the direct probability of pregnancy has not been assessed.

The Cowper's gland also produces some amount of prostate-specific antigen (PSA), and Cowper's tumors may increase PSA to a level that makes prostate cancer suspected.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I was trying to picture what scum busses their roleblocker when a claimed unverified jailer is running around. Flipping the RB'er more than solidified grandi's claim at that point. Also derp (fake?)-claimed in the most limp wristed fashion ever so if he really went for a bus, he got pretty much no credit as almost everyone immediately pointed out. He also risked an immediate counter claim by doing so. His recant was probably the worst looking thing out of that whole affair.

meds also posted after that day start so I don't completely buy the "he was going to get modkilled anyway" stuff

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
that was his 8th post in the entire game and it came on D4

that one post was not going to save him from being modkilled at least if i was modding

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Your daily public service short:

:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgmZsitCS1U:nws:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am a bad person who forgot to submit a night action. I am sorry thread. :saddowns:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Someone has farted during the night and everything stinks this morning.

Also Grandicaps- Bactrim DS Town aligned Weak Doctor has died during the night, and he stinks from the fart. He was an antibiotic, but he is gone and the infection still exists, Oh No!

(Don't read to much into the fart flavor, i just think farts are funny)

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (6): chaoslord, Juanito, Kumbamontu, Opopanax, Rascyc, uranus

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
So this is definitely MYLO

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:zombie:Avenge me, or not, whatever:ghost:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lolll

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

JakeP posted:

Someone has farted during the night and everything stinks this morning.

What Causes Flatulence?

Flatulence (rectal gas, passing wind) is a common problem among many people and can be difficult to discuss with your doctor because of the stigma attached. Excessive flatus is most often produced by bacteria in the colon (large intestine). The colon has hundreds of different bacteria growing within it and rely on the indigestible food we eat for their own nutrition. Certain foods are more likely to cause certain bacteria to thrive and be considered "gas formers". These foods generate gases such as hydrogen, methane nitrogen, oxygen, and carbon dioxide. Gas is often produced by foods that have indigestible or excess carbohydrates, which are not absorbed when they get to the colon. If we digest carbohydrates, little gas is formed. Most of us are not "good digesters" and have 200-odd bacteria waiting to do the job for us causing gas production.

Foods That Contribute to Gas Production
  • Legumes: Especially dried beans, peas, baked beans, soy beans, and lima beans.
  • Milk Products: Milk, ice cream, and cheese because many of us lack the enzyme needed to digest lactose.
  • [Vegetables: Cabbage, radishes, onions, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cucumbers, sauerkraut, kohlrabi and asparagus. Vegetarians produce more gas than meat-eaters because the intestinal enzymes can't digest the cellulose in a vegetable's cell wall.
  • Root Vegetables: Potatoes, rutabaga and turnips.
  • Fruits: Prunes, apricots, apples, raisins and bananas.
  • Cereals & Breads, including pastries, and all foods containing wheat and wheat products. (Check labels)
  • Fatty Foods: Pan-fried or deep-fried foods, fatty meats, rich cream sauces, gravies, pastries, and any high-fat food. (Check labels)
  • Liquids: Carbonated beverages, fizzy medicine.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i pm'd jake that big fart cause i have no action. i hope you all enjoyed it

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
byers is the best fart of this game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Choaslord imo

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

uranus posted:

byers is the best fart of this game

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
now im wondering what the hell made grandi think byers was scum

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

uranus posted:

now im wondering what the hell made grandi think byers was scum

yeah i dont get it either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Opopanax posted:

Choaslord imo

This will be the third game in a row we've been in that you've thought this and the third time you are wrong.

Couple of things:

1) What's the difference between LYLO and MYLO? Or are they the same thing? The SA Mafia Wiki has a page on EXLO which it says is another name for lylo but doesn't mention anything about MYLO. I've always assumed they were the same thing but it sounds like they're different.

2) Either way, that means it's time to claim, right? 6 alive, there are probably two scum left, doctor is dead, game over if we get this wrong from lynch + NK.

So, I'm the urethra. I'm vanilla town. The picture in my PM is of Hank Hill. One thing my role PM makes mention of is that I connect to the urinary meatus, and JakeP started laughing because meatus is a great word. Is anyone interested in seeing what a player in their fourth game's trying to sneak flavor into opening posts looks like?

chaoslord posted:

Confirming. Kumba's confirmation might be the best confirmation I've seen in my short mafia career. Keeping on the hopes that it turns out to be real. I really hope he is what he says he is.

Koth -> King of the Hill for Hank Hill. I think "Keeping [this] in the hopes" should be what the sentence says, but I struggled hard to find four words to string together that started with K, O, T, and H to make a sentence so I forced it a little bit.

chaoslord posted:

Byers, you're throwing away all the goodwill I had stored up after that Cheney picture!

Also who gave Votefinder the new av? I will not vote whoever did that.

I wanted to try to get the letters in there all in a row. Urethra. Well, ure is pretty easy, You're. Bam. Done. So now I was stuck with thra. I originally was going to find someone and say something like "You're thrashing my brain with this" but...thrashing? That didn't feel right. So I settled on splitting it up into ure thr a.

As far as scum goes, still think uranus, but after that screw up yesterday I'm gonna go read more and see what I think. Don't want to blow another game.

• Locked thread