Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

Not only are they constantly pandered to and defended by conservative media but they get the most baller sunglasses, check out those stunner shades :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Ok.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Disney is finally releasing Princess Mononoke, and Kiki's Delivery Service on Blu Ray format. I am not kidding, check Amazon if you don't believe me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
haircut, hat and shades games tight in that photo

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
:gas:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Anime Device posted:

Disney is finally releasing Princess Mononoke, and Kiki's Delivery Service on Blu Ray format. I am not kidding, check Amazon if you don't believe me.

kil yorself

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Why does it look like this guys about to drop the most fire album of 2014?

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

saig
Mar 9, 2003

i see your reply and raise you an i dont give a shit
the more you tuck in your patterned dress shirt the more racist you are

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Wolfsheim posted:

Not only are they constantly pandered to and defended by conservative media but they get the most baller sunglasses, check out those stunner shades :c00l:

mixing race is Communism?

Discuss.

Please can we derail this thread into a sociopolitical discourse on the finer points of Marxism? tia

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Anime Device posted:

heil

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp
black people used to have their own special fountains and restrooms and their own special seats on the bus, nowadays they have to share it with everyone else and that's a shame.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Discuss.

Please can we derail this thread into a sociopolitical discourse on the finer points of Marxism? tia

if we gently caress other races til everyone's beige then there will be no racial distinctions to discriminate ppl by, only who they really truly are

race mixing is super capitalist actually

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Anime Device posted:

Anime is loving dumb kill yourself.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE
Just to be clear, India rape-related facts (or even jokes) aren't racism, right?

I mean, India is a multiethnic country. There is no such thing as an Indian race (unless you're a racist yourself and stuck in the past).

Besides, everyone understands that India's sexual mores and sexual politics are a product of contemporary India's complex cultural legacy, with its many powerful external influences - Hellenic, Persian, Turkic, Islamic, and European.

If anything such commentary may veer toward sexism, though at its best it is satire in service of basic human rights.

You guys are with me, right?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Discuss.

Even though this pic is from like forty years ago, the majority of the population in all the shithole southern states still believe race-mixing should be illegal and still think communism is the biggest threat to America today

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Wolfsheim posted:

Even though this pic is from like forty years ago, the majority of the population in all the shithole southern states still believe race-mixing should be illegal and still think communism is the biggest threat to America today

I thought they believe that chemtrails are the biggest threat to America today.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

shiksa posted:

if we gently caress other races til everyone's beige then there will be no racial distinctions to discriminate ppl by, only who they really truly are

race mixing is super capitalist actually

yeah the supercapitalist emerged from the Nile Delta around 200,000 yrs ago

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

the south is less racist than california

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

Iamblikhos posted:

I thought they believe that chemtrails are the biggest threat to America today.

chemtrails are more of a general crazy person thing than a specifically racist thing tho

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Rapman the Cook posted:

dude is the stylinist of racists

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

chemtrails are more of a general crazy person thing than a specifically racist thing tho

Yeah, that doesn't mean that the people down South don't believe in it.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Anime Device posted:

holy poo poo, i'm on this. i've already got Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind on blu-ray. mononoke on blu-ray should have come years ago. if i remember correctly princess mononoke is the only animated movie ever to cost more than Akira. it deserves blu-ray.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

I wonder if he had a mixed-race baby.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Is Princess Mononoke really the best Miyazaki or does it just feel that way to me because it's the first Miyazaki I saw.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

wow people used to wear their pants really high

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Prettz posted:

holy poo poo, i'm on this. i've already got Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind on blu-ray. mononoke on blu-ray should have come years ago. if i remember correctly princess mononoke is the only animated movie ever to cost more than Akira. it deserves blu-ray.

It's gorgeous but it sucks.

Spirited Away is much better.

and Kiki's delivery piece of poo poo gently caress crap poo poo is poo poo gently caress poo poo crap.

Castle in the Sky is p good

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
If all the gross GBSers with anime avatars have to post itt can they at least explain what the deal is with Nazi fetishism in anime

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
and gently caress you op for reminding me that phil hartman is dead

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Wolfsheim posted:

If all the gross GBSers with anime avatars have to post itt can they at least explain what the deal is with Nazi fetishism in anime

the japanese aren't brainwashed by jew controlled media and can see how awesome the nazis are. Duh!

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Al Cowens posted:

Is Princess Mononoke really the best Miyazaki or does it just feel that way to me because it's the first Miyazaki I saw.
It depends on what you define as best.

Even if you're talking "his best environmentalist movie", it's a toss up between that and Nausicaa, depending on which message resonated strongest with you.

If you want to talk about his greatest achievement in animation, then yes, princess mononoke is his greatest.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Best parts of Princess Mononoke was when Ashitaka's arm loses its poo poo in response to something Eboshi said but he barely manages to maintain composure and Minnie Driver/Billy Crudup are amazing VAs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLBhOlnpttQ
:cawg:

Torka posted:

wow people used to wear their pants really high

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Rapman the Cook posted:

is he

I hope it doesn't break, when he drops it :ohdear:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

saig posted:

the more you tuck in your patterned dress shirt the more racist you are

*looks down*

whoa

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Waltzing Along posted:

It's gorgeous but it sucks.

Spirited Away is much better.

and Kiki's delivery piece of poo poo gently caress crap poo poo is poo poo gently caress poo poo crap.

Castle in the Sky is p good

The Anarcho_marxist rhetoric in Spirited Away is drowned out by the Trotskyist dogma held by the antagonist, Dr Lenin Kruschev
While Kiki's delivery is indeed a "piece of poo poo gently caress crap poo poo is poo poo gently caress poo poo crap" [sic:huffpost], there is a semblance of dadaist absurdity especially when farrt dribble shart oh poo poo my buttplug has fallen out

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Discuss.

I like to take all the thing I don't like and put them together, Like making a soup with everything in my kitchen.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

Most of them still manage to look attractive

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Iamblikhos posted:

Most of them still manage to look attractive
Nah.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I like to take all the thing I don't like and put them together, Like making soap with everything in my camp.

That's pretty racist yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Iamblikhos posted:

That's pretty racist yo

Yeah it is. I win. I'm the raceeist.

• Locked thread