Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jets first team offense looks decent for the first time in a long time.
Jets defensive backs are a huge liability. Kyle Wilson sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Gonna be a long season if Schaub starts all 16 games

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Contract the Bears.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Not to make the talent comparison, but Bortles very much reminds me of Russell Wilson's preseason--we don't necessarily know if he's "ready" yet, but it's become clear he gives the Jags their best chance of winning. If not Week 1, then he deserves a chance after the bye if Henne can't get it done.

Also lol Bears defense

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Corey Washington deserves reps with the 1st stringers at this point. 4 weeks with a TD catch, most of them game winners. Its not like OBJ has done anything but be hurt, stick Washington in there with Eli and see what happens.

1st team Offense looked okay when it was allowed to find a groove instead only playing one or two series.

Bort

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Fingers crossed

quote:

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 29s
Sideline reporter Lincoln Kennedy said #Raiders LB Sio Moore took a shot to the neck but doctors expect he is fine. Precautionary

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Corey Washington deserves reps with the 1st stringers at this point. 4 weeks with a TD catch, most of them game winners. Its not like OBJ has done anything but be hurt, stick Washington in there with Eli and see what happens.

Washington will spend most of his time watching Eli run for his life like most of the other guys at this point sadly.

Someone needs to sell me on Geoff Schwartz because he graded out so well last season but all I've seen is that he fuckin sucks. He's playing LG instead of RG inexplicably but there shouldn't be this much of a dropoff.

The good news is that Weston Richburg seems decent. But as a whole, the Giants OL is still a disaster and will be what holds the team back. At least they had one drive of half decent protection tonight, which is an upgrade over the rest of the entire preseason.

And seriously someone give the Giants picks for Nassib already. The Giants need to hire Billy Fiveaces' PR guy.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Menamino posted:

Washington will spend most of his time watching Eli run for his life like most of the other guys at this point sadly.

Someone needs to sell me on Geoff Schwartz because he graded out so well last season but all I've seen is that he fuckin sucks. He's playing LG instead of RG inexplicably but there shouldn't be this much of a dropoff.

The good news is that Weston Richburg seems decent. But as a whole, the Giants OL is still a disaster and will be what holds the team back. At least they had one drive of half decent protection tonight, which is an upgrade over the rest of the entire preseason.

And seriously someone give the Giants picks for Nassib already. The Giants need to hire Billy Fiveaces' PR guy.

I'm starting to feel like Nassib might just be a better fit for McAdoo's system. He looks good and way better than last year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Got back from the Jets/Giants game. Geno and Amaro looked really good. Run game was fantastic.

Giants offensive line is complete trash and Eli is in for another rough year.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think Trestman is a really good offensive mind but he is in way over his head as head coach in the NFL.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jets QBs threw passes that were completed for touchdowns, without even throwing any interceptions. This is an unfamiliar feeling, having some sense of confidence in the QB position. I'm sure it will be gone by week 2. Seeing receivers that were open was also a bit disorienting.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Watching the Seahawks offense roll makes me super nervous for the ball to drop. But goddamn Russell is a good quarterback

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ozu posted:

Got back from the Jets/Giants game. Geno and Amaro looked really good. Run game was fantastic.

Giants offensive line is complete trash and Eli is in for another rough year.

It's okay! the Jets defense is good, of course their D-line would eat our O-line! I'm not too worried, it's not like we have to play the NFC West this ye

gently caress

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dearest Reginald Bush,

Please do that about 12-to-15 more times at random points during the season.

Thank you.

- Gonz

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Have things to do tomorrow so I thought I'd get this out of the way now.

Wow did Washington destroy Baltimore's secondary. Fortunately our three starting CBs didn't play so we won't be relying on any of the bums who played tonight. Unfortunately 2 of our starting corners are freakishly injury prone and the third one just plain sucks. Expect to see a lot of Chykie Brown, best known for being the next corner drafted after Richard Sherman and before Byron Maxwell.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans should have drafted Blake Bortles

I can't believe I'm writing this

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Sio Moore please be alright :ohdear:

Matt Schaub get your drat groove back or do I have to root for Moxie McGloin again?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks are all ready for prime time. Can't wait.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

LEGO Genetics posted:

Sio Moore please be alright :ohdear:

Matt Schaub get your drat groove back or do I have to root for Moxie McGloin again?

Primetime McGloin would make me p. happy

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

The Texans should have drafted Blake Bortles

I can't believe I'm writing this

Can't I trust you other Texans fans alone for one night without this becoming a thing? :mad: How many running backs does Clowney have to kill before you're convinced?

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Dunno if there's anything good that I can say about the bears except that they can generate pressure now, which meant gently caress all because the coverage was so bad.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
Russie Wilson and Harvin gonna be like sex on the big screen y'all

Edit: big not bug

Jaysus fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 23, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

Can't I trust you other Texans fans alone for one night without this becoming a thing? :mad: How many running backs does Clowney have to kill before you're convinced?

Would you rather have Peyton Manning or Reggie White? :v:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

bhsman posted:

One, in the regular season.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Hmm, going by the rings argument it's a tossup.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers linebackers and Kelvin Benjamin looked good.

Cam looks timid.

Byron Bell looks loving hideous.

Carolina was beat up and on a short week but jesus they got chipped apart.

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers linebackers and Kelvin Benjamin looked good.

Cam looks timid.

Byron Bell looks loving hideous.

Carolina was beat up and on a short week but jesus they got chipped apart.

What happened when Cam went out briefly in the first half? I couldn't hear the commentators and it looked like they were lifting up his jersey to examine him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DyneAvenger posted:

What happened when Cam went out briefly in the first half? I couldn't hear the commentators and it looked like they were lifting up his jersey to examine him.

I think his pads just got hosed up.

edit* from scott Fowler

quote:

3. Cam's back. If this turns into a nagging injury along with the ankle,could be an issue.Says Cam was hurting and went right to the team bus and didn't stop for media at all (never does that). This is disturbing.

whelp.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 23, 2014

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah

FizFashizzle posted:

I think his pads just got hosed up.

edit* from scott Fowler

whelp.

Well at least you have Derek Anderson

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DyneAvenger posted:

Well at least you have Derek Anderson

come to me first overall pick offensive tackle.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
:getin:

quote:

"Man, they looked goooooood," said James Jones, who signed with the Raiders this offseason. "They looked like they were in midseason form. A-Rod is the man in that offense. They're doing a lot of quick games, giving the receivers a chance to get the ball in their hands, make some plays for Aaron. But they looked good. They looked real explosive."

Running the no-huddle, Rodgers and the No. 1 offense got off 39 plays before exiting with 5:58 left in the second quarter. If they managed to keep up that pace for an entire game, it would equate to 97.5 offensive plays. For comparison’s sake, the Denver Broncos led the NFL last season, averaging 72.3 plays per game.

The Packers' goal for this season is to run 75 plays per game. The way things looked on Friday, they might just achieve that.

"The no-huddle is a beast," said Woodson, who won the NFL defensive player of the year award as a member of the Packers in 2009. "It keeps a defense on its heels. When you have a quarterback as smart as he is, he's able to pick up what you're trying to do. They kept us off balance that first drive and went down and scored very easily."

"They finally brought in a running back who can do some damage," Woodson said, referring to Lacy. "It's going to be tough for some people."

The Packers offense is firing on all loving cylinders and we have a shitload of talent at every position -- including running back!!! If we can avoid half the OL getting injured again I think the offense could do better than 2011 this season, especially with those laughable Rules of Emphasis.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

FizFashizzle posted:

come to me first overall pick offensive tackle.

Let me tell you a tale about a man named Eric Fisher.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
gently caress I hope that was an unusually good game for the Hawks because they look unbeatable right now.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
there were more flags than combined points in the lions/jags game
a+

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000378128/Referee-shows-off-rocket-arm

maker fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 23, 2014

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Sorry Jags

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

OSheaman posted:

gently caress I hope that was an unusually good game for the Hawks because they look unbeatable right now.

Packers-Seahawks Week 1 is going to be absolutely incredible to watch.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

Blitz7x posted:

Sorry Jags

That stuff just wasn't happening here anymore. There's a huge part of me that wishes he were still here but I think this change of scenery (and return home to the Bay Area) is a big part of what's helping him get back on track. I hope he runs for 1200+ and 10+TDs for you guys. Run MJD.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bad:
-The Lions secondary looked predictably awful and got burned all night by something called an Allen Hurns.
-The whole team committed a Schwartzian number of penalties.
-Stafford started out terribly and threw a pick to a defensive end.

Good:
-Ziggy Ansah and Calvin Johnson look ready to play again.
-Tahir Whitehead played out of his mind.
-George Johnson might be an nice rotational piece to the d-line.
-Ryan Broyles :3:
-Joique and Reggie are a pretty good "thunder and lightning" combo still.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Well, we already have a Reggie White and if the last Superbowl was any indication... :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
:patssay:

I hated the Garoppolo pick, but he's looked really good. All the usual preseason disclaimers apply, but he's been calm in the pocket and consistently makes good decisions. If nothing else he's already more advanced as a total noob than Mallett is after several years. That's a low bar to clear, but still.

I don't know if they have a single real playmaker at wide receiver, but they seem a hell of a lot more watchable than they were this time last year. Basically if they keep up not looking grossly stupid 50% of the time I'll be pretty happy.

They seem to be 5 deep in decent running backs again in spite of losing Blount to the Pittsburgh Steelers for the 5 minutes it took him to get busted for weed.

In spite of the inevitable preseason :flag::flag::flag: storm the defense looked good. Chandler Jones continues to look great, hopefully someone else will be able to get sacks too.

• Locked thread