Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
you gotta get wild bill's jerky. Its saltier than salt, extremely tough to chew and the company that makes it is run by legit christian fundamentalists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

serious norman posted:

I have opinions about a soda.

me too, my opinion is that its bad

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Haverchuck posted:

you gotta get wild bill's jerky. Its saltier than salt, extremely tough to chew and the company that makes it is run by legit christian fundamentalists

If you're gettin jerky for some foreigner, you always gotta go with some Amish made deal so you can raise the bar too high; so the next time they eat it they can go,"Yeah, this is pretty good, but I've had Amish jerky."

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
have you had spam?

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Wise-brand White Cheddar Cheese Puffs. Holy poo poo it's garbage in a bag but it's so loving goooooooood

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I went to one of those American import stores and got some cinnamon whirl pop tarts (they taste like danish pastries) and some of that spreadable marshmallow stuff. I smoked some weed and was hungry then remembered I had them in the cupboard so I made a sandwich with these ingredients. It was the best/worst thing ever. I call it the diabetes sandwich. Hope this helps OP.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

mcustic posted:

Petra i Tome Erdodyja 6. Knock yourself out.

And read the labels. Our Coke is made with syrup. Bosnian Coke, available at Spar, and sometimes specialty German Coke, available at Muller, are made with sugar.

Thanks, will check it out.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

unironically warheads tho

This motherfucker.

Parmesan goldfish

Cool ranch Doritos

Girl Scout cookies are mostly overrated

I'm not sure how you can dislike Dr Pepper and in the same breath say you like Mountain Dew. Mountain Dew manages to be too loving sugary and acidic at the same time. I could probably use it to clean a bathtub. Yeah that Vanilla A&W stuff is too sweet and pretty much poo poo. An acceptible root beer is Barq's but the much better versions generally don't come in a can I've found.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Lawman 0 posted:

should of posted a trigger warning with that imo

more like a friend of the family warning amirite?

i thought hostess went out of business causing a bunch of fat americans to cry thick creamy twinkie-filling tears did they rise from the dead and continue making snacks?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!

The Saurus posted:

i thought hostess went out of business causing a bunch of fat americans to cry thick creamy twinkie-filling tears did they rise from the dead and continue making snacks?

Nah, they basically just sold the brand to a new corporate entity with most of the the same owners so they could void their employees' existing contracts and break the union.

So yeah, definitely the most American snack food.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Helical Nightmares posted:

This motherfucker.

Parmesan goldfish

Cool ranch Doritos

Girl Scout cookies are mostly overrated

I'm not sure how you can dislike Dr Pepper and in the same breath say you like Mountain Dew. Mountain Dew manages to be too loving sugary and acidic at the same time. I could probably use it to clean a bathtub. Yeah that Vanilla A&W stuff is too sweet and pretty much poo poo. An acceptible root beer is Barq's but the much better versions generally don't come in a can I've found.

Henry Weinhard's root beer is good if we start going into the bottled stuff. Their beer is okay as well, although imo it hasn't been the same since Coors bought it.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

I don't know, must be an acquired taste. Mountain Dew tastes a bit like 7UP, but sweeter. I can live with that. Dr Pepper is just weird to me. Looks like Coke, tastes like bitter almonds. I like Fanta, though. Talk about cultures clashing.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

didn;t read the thread but try flamin hot cheetos limón they're the best cheetos

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

a hole-y ghost posted:

didn;t read the thread but try flamin hot cheetos limón they're the best cheetos

yout take some cheetoes open the bag then you crush all the cheetos, then you pour in topatio until its drinkable slurry.

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

Reese's Eggs/Pumpkins/Trees. Go get whatever seasonal Reese's snack exists.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

what I don't understand about American snakcs is why we don't have bacon flavored potato chips

Americans love bacon

Americans love potato chips

but I've only ever seen them in the UK and a few other countries. They are good and would probably make a killing over here :confused:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Earwicker posted:

what I don't understand about American snakcs is why we don't have bacon flavored potato chips

Americans love bacon

but I've only ever seen them in the UK and a few other countries. They are good and would probably make a killing over here :confused:

don't taste right. i can get 2 pounds of bacon for under 6 dollars. i can get less potato chips for the same money.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

mcustic posted:

A couple of hipsters opened a store that stocks all kinds of American soft drinks. I went there today for the novelty of tasting whatever nerds on the internet like to drink. I can sure tell you that Dr Pepper tastes gross to my euro palate, and A&W Cream Soda is somehow even worse, like rancid carbonated custard. I poured both of them down the drain. Mountain Dew is kind of 7up-ish, but sweeter and with a really cool color. I might buy that one again.

But, I'm not here to rant about sodas. The dude that works there, a bespectacled young man sporting an Islamic State style beard, told me they will be ordering snacks and sweets from the US soon and that I can suggest whatever I would like to try via their Facebook page. So I'm asking you kindly to recommend some typical snacks representative of the American culture. Preferably vegan. Not a bowl of dick please.

Oreos are vegan

also lol at a goon liking mountain dew over other sodas.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

TOILETLORD posted:

don't taste right. i can get 2 pounds of bacon for under 6 dollars. i can get less potato chips for the same money.

Other countries pay so much money for produce and meat It's hilarious. We get screwed in housing costs though, so I guess it evens out.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I don't remember actual bacon being particularly expensive in the UK. though more often than not its the Wrong Kind of Bacon

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Earwicker posted:

I don't remember actual bacon being particularly expensive in the UK. though more often than not its the Wrong Kind of Bacon

at grocery stores you can buy bulk bacon from hormel that's super thick and like half normal price.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Please don't eat American snacks.
We need all of them.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
just order any snack that has snack in the name snack cakes snack drink snack time cereal, snack time meat time.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's time to drink snack meat!

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Was going to feel smug about not eating any of the things listed and instead having *healthy things* as snacks lately, but then someone said Funyuns. :smith:

Realtalk tho this thread has made me realize just how much loving garbage America eats. I'd like to visit an America Store overseas to see just how much sugary garbage is stocked there.

Also I'm from Philly so TASTYKAKE represent. I don't like em but everyone I know does. Apparently the Black and Whites are amazing.

I guess what I'm saying here is take a meat, wrap in a cheese, inject with a sugar and fry in a fry thing, Americasnack.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Nutty Bars.

Put them in the freezer before eating. They go from good to eat the entire loving box in one sitting.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 23, 2014

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Earwicker posted:

Americans love bacon

Lays has a bacon mac and cheese potato chips now, at least in my area.

They also have coffee flavored chips :psyduck:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
salt vinegar chips with some french onion dip that has blended anchovies in it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I feel like the op should be sent the cheapest Aldi's brand hotdog (or whatever) currently available, a cheap white-bread bun, and off-brand ketchup and then he has to eat it while holding a tiny american flag as the national anthem plays.

Maybe that would teach them the ultimate price AND REWARD of true freedom.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Big Beef City posted:

I feel like the op should be sent the cheapest Aldi's brand hotdog (or whatever) currently available, a cheap white-bread bun, and off-brand ketchup and then he has to eat it while holding a tiny american flag as the national anthem plays.

Maybe that would teach them the ultimate price AND REWARD of true freedom.

forgot to add a 30 pack of natty ice

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i'd like to add i always forget bosnia isn't just a video game place to fight russians.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Philthy posted:

Nutty Bars.

Put them in the freezer before eating. They go from good to eat the entire loving box in one sitting.

i'm gonna try this. if this somehow makes nutty bars better i'm gonna find you and cut you up good before i die of a heart attack

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
CORN NUTS get the plain ones.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Nutty Bars are awesome.

Also, basically anything with Old Bay on it.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

AssassinPrincess posted:

take a meat, wrap in a cheese, inject with a sugar and fry in a fry thing, Americasnack.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Only Americans will understand.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I remember first eating Funyuns as a kid and being bummed that they didn't taste like onion rings. I won't be hurt again.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Only Americans will understand.

Never knew what Ranchero pizza was til I moved to Philly, will not consider eating any other kind of pizza now.

White pizza, chicken, bacon, ranch dressing all over that fucker. YES.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Seriously, these are the proest potato chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

January
Jul 5, 2009
Snickers candy bars, or Milky Way if you don't like peanuts
SweeTarts (regular, NOT Chewy SweeTarts)
Pop Tarts, Smores flavor - I prefer them at room temp... they're basically a candy bar.
Lucky Charms cereal
Kellogg's Frosted Flakes cereal - very American since they're made of corn and also include corn syrup in the ingredients.
Cheerwine soda - although you might hate this if you hated Dr. Pepper. I feel like they have some similarities, and I also like Dr. Pepper.
Doritos, Nacho Cheese flavor

I haven't checked the ingredients. SweeTarts, the cereals, and Cheerwine may possibly be vegan, but the other items would not be.

• Locked thread