Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
:toot: Reyes walkoff. :toot: One of the few bright spots of the month is how insanely hot he's been hitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Cubs ground crew will never live this down.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Jays win! Yay! It's not gonna count! Yay!

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
One thing that has become clear to me is that if it comes down to a one-two run lead, then the Mariners cannot rely on Medina to get it done

RIP David Ross

rest his guts fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 23, 2014

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

St. Dogbert posted:

Jays win! Yay! It's not gonna count! Yay!
Not gonna count? Why?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
David Ross just got ejected for arguing a check swing strike. To his case it looked pretty borderline holding it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That Red Sock was mighty mighty pissed about being called out on his check swing.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Thesoro posted:

Not gonna count? Why?

Tampa played under protest. The umps reviewed and overturned a Buehrle pickoff of Wil Myers after both Buehrle and Navarro were in position for the next pitch, which is too late to initiate a review according to the replay rules. Toronto's announce team was harping on it the whole game as if it's a foregone conclusion the game will be replayed.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Cubs ground crew will never live this down.

Tarps roll forever.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The longest games take place at Fenway and the shortest take place at Safeco, neat.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

St. Dogbert posted:

Tampa played under protest. The umps reviewed and overturned a Buehrle pickoff of Wil Myers after both Buehrle and Navarro were in position for the next pitch, which is too late to initiate a review according to the replay rules. Toronto's announce team was harping on it the whole game as if it's a foregone conclusion the game will be replayed.
Did not know that could happen. Would they replay the whole thing or just from the moment of the...(looks it up)...4th inning? Jeez.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

St. Dogbert posted:

This happened a couple weeks ago and I think the ruling then was that the umpire has the final discretion whether it's too late or not.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Thesoro posted:

Did not know that could happen. Would they replay the whole thing or just from the moment of the...(looks it up)...4th inning? Jeez.

If the protest is successful, they would replay it from the 4th. MLB can take their time on it, since TB does go back to Toronto in a few weeks

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Giants wasting no time.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Wow, some of these kids at the Little League World Series can crush the ball. Good game in the US Championship, 5-4 Nevada in the 5th.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Lincecum going, "that's not how you give up first inning runs. THIS is how you give up first inning runs."

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Just announced restart time for Cubs/Orioles is 5:30 central

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Crowd at Wrigley just went nuts. Jackie Robinson West are the USA champs! :woop:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Lincecum sucks and I'm sure it's Susac's fault for not being Hector Sanchez because reasons.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

New Concept Hole posted:

Lincecum sucks and I'm sure it's Susac's fault for not being Hector Sanchez because reasons.

I blame the MLB schedule makers for not letting him face the Padres every start

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

How did Lincecum lose his mechanics? He had them for about a month and a half, then they disappeared.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I picked a good Nats game to go to

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

New Concept Hole posted:

Petit for starter.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ammat The Ankh posted:

How did Lincecum lose his mechanics? He had them for about a month and a half, then they disappeared.

The Junkball giveth and Junkball taketh away.

Also Hector Sanchez because Lincecum can only be caught by catchers that are statistically a detriment to his chances of winning games.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Holy poo poo the game is back on.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Holy gently caress I caught a Chris Davis foul ball

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Holy gently caress I caught a Chris Davis foul ball

I can confirm this just happened

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

I can confirm this just happened

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

you witnessed a baez dinger in person, congrats

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The_Hat posted:

you witnessed a baez dinger in person, congrats

The first of many, I hope

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is awesome, way to go.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Yusmeiro Petit has 16 perfect innings in relief.

:stare:

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

New Concept Hole posted:

Yusmeiro Petit has 16 perfect innings in relief.

:stare:

You think I'm joking when I say Petit for starter?

Seriously, he's better than Lincecum in every metric, including velocity.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Well, which Verlander do we get tonight? Justin, or his evil twin Nitsuj?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ambassador of Funk posted:

You think I'm joking when I say Petit for starter?

Seriously, he's better than Lincecum in every metric, including velocity.

Too bad he seems to implode after 3 innings or so. Bring on the fresh meat from Fresno! :black101:

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

New Concept Hole posted:

Too bad he seems to implode after 3 innings or so. Bring on the fresh meat from Fresno! :black101:

Better than imploding right from the word go.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Pedro Alvarez :woop:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Tigers starter pitched a scoreless inning. :monocle:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Better than imploding right from the word go.

I'm all for setting Lincecum on fire and throwing him into the Rio Grande. I just think Petit is better in relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Cubs win! :woop:

Go Cubs Go :sax:

• Locked thread