Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
I just take it out and buy nothing but apple stock. 40% "unrealized gains" so far. Is there anything actually wrong with doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

diversify your investments op

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
buy a platinum upgrade and support the troops

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
At some point Apple will have some bad quarters. Putting your eggs in one basket is dumb and bad.

THS posted:

diversify your investments op

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol OP you're gonna get hosed

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW

Fisticuffs posted:

At some point Apple will have some bad quarters. Putting your eggs in one basket is dumb and bad.

Why. Does apple have any competition? What's the issue?

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
I used to have stock in more than one company but they would always go bad so I started putting only apple . Everything has been gravy ever since.

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
i luv stox i luv never having to work haha suck ti goons

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

yo op buy me something, i dunno a toaster or blender might be cool.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

barfoid 4 posted:

death, taxes, stock market crashes

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

barfoid 4 posted:

iphone has a shrinking marketshare compared to android. ppl outside the us arent buying iphones. ipad sales are stagnant. stebe jobs dead

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW

THS posted:

iphone has a shrinking marketshare compared to android. ppl outside the us arent buying iphones. ipad sales are stagnant. stebe jobs dead

"Shrinking market share compared to android" ?

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
4/10 some trolling experience evident

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW

bigzak posted:

4/10 some trolling experience evident

Lol if you think I'm trolling

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

i heard the stock market can only go up, c/d?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

barfoid 4 posted:

Lol if you think I'm trolling

i can only laugh when you tell me you just dump all your investment capital into one stock, and that you're sitting at 40% unrealized gains but gently caress it let it riiiiiide

e: if I'm doing my mental math right, that means you bought in at ~$60 which means you've just been sitting on it and accruing more stock for the last year and some months. At the very least sell it all off and wait for the price to come down before buying more because the chart doesn't look like it's going to stay that high for long between the double top forming and the way the market rejected the $100 price last time (shot right back down to $75 and that was when Apple was doing much better).

but maybe I'm just high it's possible

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 24, 2014

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
hm if i was u i would invest in coach and whole foods they serem to be doing v well

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
u could also invest in foreign currency. might i suggest uganda

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

plz dont invest in uganda they kill homosexuals

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

THS posted:

hey ths wanna here a uganda joke

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

sure

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

THS posted:

but they eat da poopoo. they eat it out of a mans anoos. invest in uganda, invest in god's law.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
if u go to uganda and your gay

ugandie

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

i can only laugh when you tell me you just dump all your investment capital into one stock, and that you're sitting at 40% unrealized gains but gently caress it let it riiiiiide

e: if I'm doing my mental math right, that means you bought in at ~$60 which means you've just been sitting on it and accruing more stock for the last year and some months. At the very least sell it all off and wait for the price to come down before buying more because the chart doesn't look like it's going to stay that high for long between the double top forming and the way the market rejected the $100 price last time (shot right back down to $75 and that was when Apple was doing much better).

but maybe I'm just high it's possible

You did your mental math right. But if I do that it will probably go up even more. And tim is more friendly to the wallstreet people than steve.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ilikedirt posted:

if u go to uganda and your gay

ugandie

lmao

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
Also, the iwatch

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

barfoid 4 posted:

You did your mental math right. But if I do that it will probably go up even more. And tim is more friendly to the wallstreet people than steve.

Well at the very least don't fall into the trap of 'it's falling... but it'll go up again I'll hold on to it!' and let yourself get hosed. If it starts to dip, sell it off then wait for the upswing to start before buying up again.

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

Well at the very least don't fall into the trap of 'it's falling... but it'll go up again I'll hold on to it!' and let yourself get hosed. If it starts to dip, sell it off then wait for the upswing to start before buying up again.

lmao look at this financial guru right here

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it sounds like super obvious advice (and it is really) but you'd be surprised at the amount of people that hold on to a falling stock in the hopes that it will recover and lose a poo poo ton of money.

when you look at it objectively it's obvious, but when it's your money and your decisions and the emotions run high (especially greed and not wanting to have been 'wrong') it becomes cloudy.

it's also not as straightforward as 'oh it's falling' because it could dip slightly for no reason - but enough to make some flighty people sell and drive the price down more, and then you sell and it corrects upward and now you're like 'well gently caress I sold too early and missed the upswing.'

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
How do I set it to automatically sell if it hits $99. I'm using Tradeking , lol

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
its not super obvious u moron

im literally shaking here!!!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Apple sucks. Good luck op with your lovely stock

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

invest in gold

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How much is in your checking account

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
invest in my kickstarter im inventing edible butt plugs. there made of gummi and delicious. trust me ill pay u bavck

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Saalkin posted:

yo op buy me something, i dunno a toaster or blender might be cool.

juicer

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Apple, more like rotten apple. Put all your money into bitcoins

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Broenheim posted:

Apple, more like rotten apple. Put all your money into bitcoins

woah why do you have a medal instead of a grenade what new sorcery is this

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014