Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

~A-a h-h-hentai? W-w-w-with me senpai?~ :nyoron:
Hello there, Welcome to Let's Play Sonic R.

"Sonic R is a video game spin-off produced by Sega and developed by Sonic Team in cooperation with Now Production, for the GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox and Microsoft Windows. It is the fourth racing game in the Sonic the Hedgehog series, preceded by Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2 and Sonic Riders.

The game was released to start off the 15th anniversary of the release of the Sonic the Hedgehog series. For a short while, the Microsoft Xbox version of the game was released with a free Sonic X DVD. This game introduces five new playable characters, the Babylon Rogues and the E-10000 series. A sequel to Sonic R, entitled Sonic R: Zero Gravity, was released in 2008 for the Wii and PlayStation 2, followed by the Kinect-required game Sonic Free R for the Xbox 360 in 2010. This was the last Sonic the Hedgehog game for the GameCube and Microsoft Xbox worldwide, and the last Sonic the Hedgehog game released for PlayStation 2 in Japan."

I'll be getting first on all the races, And collecting all the chaos emeralds. Eventually anyway.
Joining me on this joyful ride will be Let's Play superstars Pins and SkippyGranola, And maybe some other people along the way. Who the gently caress knows.

That about sums this shitshow up. Let's get right to it then, Shall we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

The videos:

Part 1 - Welcome to Hell

Part 2 - HAVOK in the City

Part 3 - Tempo da história com Pins

Xumtosis fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 10, 2014

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Reserved for some poo poo.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
Came for ten hours of Can You Feel The Sunshine, stayed for the inevitable crazy Sonic fans in the thread.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

ARE YOU FEELING IT NOW MR KRABS?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sonic R owns

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So this is a 100% completion lp right

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hi I'm the only person who's going to post in this thread without being in any of the videos

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
DO sonic and tails kiss?

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Crane Fist posted:

Hi I'm the only person who's going to post in this thread without being in any of the videos

No, me too because my mic sucks and I forgot what the mumble is.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Oh ye gods, THIS. Somehow it was purchased and much awkward, poorly controlled "racing" was had. I remember the Chaos Emeralds being a real bitch to get in this. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea? It's not like Traveler's Tales is a BAD studio, but this was a serious misuse of their talent (Sonic 3D Blast being the "better" Sonic game they made, especially the Saturn version).

Oh, and it was released on PC, so there's that.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
I didn't auth this. You'll hear from my lawyer.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This game has the greatest soundtrack of all time.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Pins posted:

I didn't auth this. You'll hear from my lawyer.

Jokes on you pal.

You can't sue yourself, Now can you?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
People talk about Mario Kart ruining friendships.

These people have never played Sonic R.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Slimnoid posted:

People talk about Mario Kart ruining friendships.

These people have never played Sonic R.

How do friends dick each other over with controls this bad? Looks more like a game of Mario Party except it's less up-front about the luck factor and less actual effect on the other players.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

How do friends dick each other over with controls this bad?

"Hey dude I just bought this game Sonic R, let's give it a try."

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Is there going to be a showcase of the Tails doll? Because everybody deserves to see how creepy as hell that thing is.

quote:

How do friends dick each other over with controls this bad? Looks more like a game of Mario Party except it's less up-front about the luck factor and less actual effect on the other players.
There is no dicking over here. Everybody loses.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Well this isn't the only cart racer which had bipedal animals running around, released on a console in the 90s.

It's actually kind of amazing that such a sentence could actually be true, though.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Kgummy posted:

Well this isn't the only cart racer which had bipedal animals running around, released on a console in the 90s.

It's actually kind of amazing that such a sentence could actually be true, though.

It could be the only BAD one of those games, since Running Wild was the poo poo.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I never said Running Wild was bad. I've got it, and played the poo poo out of it. I think I still remember some of the shortcuts. It's just been ages since I've played it.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Oh, Hello there.

Here's the next update, Or some poo poo.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Yaaaaay you got a Chaos Eme-ohwait

This game is still a horrible mess. The music in the City course is. . . possibly the least offensive, but yeah, still pretty bad. Knuckles is a jerk with his gliding all over the place.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Xumtosis posted:

Oh, Hello there.

Here's the next update, Or some poo poo.

I've never seen this level IRL (In Real Life), but I have to say it's pretty unimpressive considering how hard it is to get to.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Here's the next update.

This one is a special update. I hope you all enjoy it.

Part 3 - Tempo da história com Pins

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
If there is any update specifically you should watch its that one.

Youre welcome.

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN
I love you, Pins.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
You actually loving did it, Pins.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kgummy posted:

Man, don't forget Bomberman Fantasy Race. They rode on anime kangaroos called Louies, or anime dinosaurs called Tirras.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Ay-yi-yi, no me gusto! God, I forgot just how stupid the level design can be - "Hey, let's make these twisty, windy courses where you can barely see what's in front of you because the camera's so drat stupid! Good sense? What's that?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

This would be sorta okay if you could actually control your character instead of just vaguely swerving in your intended direction though - not great, but manageable, unlike this where it's a miracle to not slam into all the walls and lose all your speed.

• Locked thread