Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Top QB's by passer rating:

Kellen Clemens, Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, Logan Thomas, Jimmy Garoppolo and Drew Stanton.

Arizona has three of the top 5 quarterbacks. Superbowl.

didn't know tight ends could have passer ratings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alouicious posted:

didn't know tight ends could have passer ratings

I honestly was convinced that was how he was going to try to make the NFL even on draft night. I have no idea where I read that but they were talking like it was a done deal.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Kalli posted:

That's almost 5% lower completion percentage then Mark Sanchez. And his QB rating is 25 points lower then Kellen Clemens.

Man I love preseason stats.

Top QB's by passer rating:

Kellen Clemens, Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, Logan Thomas, Jimmy Garoppolo and Drew Stanton.

Arizona has three of the top 5 quarterbacks. Superbowl.

I see nothing wrong with that. The math there clearly backs up the Cardinals inevitable victory. Everyone else should just pack it in really.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Flikken posted:

I didn't watch it but did Gordon even play? And I can't say I am too surprised on our first year defensive minded head coach being unable in getting our shittastic offense to get the ball moving.

He sure didn't play.

FuzzySkinner posted:

The only reason you start Hoyer at this point is to make JFF doesn't get hurt against the first three.

otherwise...jesus.

Hoyer or Manziel, the Browns probably are well on their way to losing double digit games again. Its just a matter of how you want your lovely, disappointing failures to go. Hoyer probably is more consistent with hot and cold streaks, Manziel is probably maddening with titanic 21 year old fuckups mixed with his college bullshit that leads to exciting moments in the midst of losses.

I'd love to write off preseason as preseason. Offense is running plain, defense plain. Lot of people with minor injuries being held out, Gordon not playing, etc.

But since its the Browns, when they look that lovely through the preseason, I know what it likely portends.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

John Brown posted:

It makes me sad that we will never see RG3's full potential.

Sure we did, in 2012

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

Instead of mourning Bortles, the qb we had no shot at, you should mourn Bridgewater, the guy we coulda had. Su'a-Filo better be starter quality fairly quickly.

Not sure how there could be any player we have no shot at when we draft #1 overall!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

Not sure how there could be any player we have no shot at when we draft #1 overall!

I'm sure as hell not giving up Clowney :colbert:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Does anyone else remember Jeffersonlives comparing Sanchez's rookie stats to John Elway's?

no but i do remember other jets fans downplaying Mark's int's by comparing them to peyton's rookie picks.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm sure as hell not giving up Clowney :colbert:

No see you must always take the QB over the freakish DE. Julius Peppers doesn't look like he plays with a ton of effort, either.

What year is this, again?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Yes Kyle Wilson is terrible, even when limited to nickleback. I still like Darren Walls to step up and play outside and opposite Milliner when he comes back. He gets knocked for dropping pick 6s, but he's been in good enough position to potentially makes those plays. Wilson, meanwhile, plays 7 yards off on 3rd and 6.

The Antonio Allen hybrid safety/press cb experiment is also intriguing.

The offense did look very good. But i hope it wasn't fools gold since the Giants are just awful...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

No see you must always take the QB over the freakish DE. Julius Peppers doesn't look like he plays with a ton of effort, either.

What year is this, again?

I love JJ but I'd trade him for Luck in a heartbeat

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

no but i do remember other jets fans downplaying Mark's int's by comparing them to peyton's rookie picks.

There was a point where through their first 3-4 years, Sanchez and Eli's numbers were almost identical. Im definitely a Jets fan who brought that up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ozu posted:

There was a point where through their first 3-4 years, Sanchez and Eli's numbers were almost identical. Im definitely a Jets fan who brought that up.

Ka is a wheel.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Well OK then.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Intruder posted:

it's ok step away from the edge of the cliff

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

OH

Joe Theismann posted:

“Let’s stop beating around the bush,” Theismann said early in the fourth quarter. “Kirk Cousins has played much better at the quarterback position than Robert Griffin III has. Now, Robert is learning to work out of a pocket. He doesn’t look as smooth or as comfortable throwing the football. I mean, your eyes will tell you everything you need to know.

“It’s going to be a decision that Jay Gruden is going to have to make,” Theismann said. “Right now, Robert Griffin III is his quarterback. Now, if there was a quarterback competition, it wouldn’t be a competition. Kirk Cousins would be the man I believe he would have to go to, because of the efficiency with which he has run [the offense]. Now Kirk, like I said, is basically a drop-back quarterback. I see Andy Dalton in Cincinnati, I see Kirk Cousins that way."

Mike from Fairfax, you're on the air, what do you make of THIS?!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah you trade watt for luck how is that even a question

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
DB Darryl Morris had a helluva good INT on the last play of the Niners-Chargers game.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Well, with Marcus Martin down, Niners will be stuck with Kilgore at center all year. 8-8 here we come.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Reading that Garropola post, I just realized EJ went 10/10 for 131 yards and a TD against second stringers. In a parallel universe, EJ's backing up Fitzpatrick and I'm pounding the table for him to start, lol

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Watt is already at an All-Pro level, whereas I'm not entirely convinced Luck is as good as the hype leads one to believe.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Intruder posted:

I wasn't in the thread too much last night, did Intruder have a BBP-like meltdown and his brain is broken now?

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Oh cool starting Packers C JC Tretter is out for "multiple" weeks with a knee injury

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Wanvig posted:

I wasn't in the thread too much last night, did Intruder have a BBP-like meltdown and his brain is broken now?

I think he's been despondent ever since the Arizona game and has only been watching Bortles look competent against 2nd-stringers. :v:

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

bhsman posted:

Watt is already at an All-Pro level, whereas I'm not entirely convinced Luck is as good as the hype leads one to believe.

Andrew Luck: all hype

AAA DOLFAN posted:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Homestar Runner posted:

Andrew Luck: all hype

After last night I wouldn't be surprised that you have difficulty parsing what people say without assuming.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
so is deflecting your own lack of intelligence like your gimmick or what

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

say no to bats posted:

But since its the Browns, when they look that lovely through the preseason, I know what it likely portends.

I'm still at a loss as to how a team could just be this incompetent.

And it's not been from a lack of trying and the inability to spend money. At least I can point at the Bengals and the Cardinals runs of failure, then go "See their owners penny pinch, doesn't spend money on bringing scouts, coaches, and players. That's why they suck."

I can't even remotely say that for the Browns. I've seen them spend money ON EVERYTHING since I've been a kid. Practice Facility? Check, Stadium Upgrades? Check, Head Coaches? Check, Coaches? Check, GM's? Check, Free Agents? Check.

The Wide receivers can't catch and the Quarterbacks seem unable to make a loving throw to save their lives. I have no loving way to explain that. None.

It sucks because I want to love this team. I want them to take my sundays away from me, I want them to take all my hard earned money away from me for every type of useless nicknack one could imagine having, I want to spend money on tickets, and go to games with my friends.

Why the hell should I bother doing any of that? It makes me stupidly angry, you know? I realize I should be numb at a certain point to all of this, but still man.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm gonna keep Watt thnks.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Homestar Runner posted:

so is deflecting your own lack of intelligence like your gimmick or what

Were you always like this or have there been substances involved? Find better ways to respond to posts you disagree with other than extrapolating some ridiculous conclusion that wasn't even inferable.

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm gonna keep Watt thnks.

:respek:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Honestly, looking at the Texans' record vs the Colts' record tells you everything you need to know about the relative value of a QB vs a defensive end. If your team needs a QB, there is no player too sacred not to trade for Andrew Luck.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Burger Trench posted:

Honestly, looking at the Texans' record vs the Colts' record tells you everything you need to know about the relative value of a QB vs a defensive end. If your team needs a QB, there is no player too sacred not to trade for Andrew Luck.

Or the fact that with JJ Watt Watting all over the NFL last year, the Texans still had the worst record in the league because of horrible qb play. I get falling in love with players on the team you root for, but to not take a 25 year old legit franchise quarterback (the most important position in football) is kinda nuts to me.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers

Bruce Ellington looked great, like a player who's been missing from the offense all along.
Glenn Winston has a good chance to steal Hampton's PS spot.
LMJ looked solid.
Chris Culliver played well.
Eric Reid looks awesome again.
Jimmy Ward keeps getting better.
Daryl Morris played very well.
Michael Wilhoite is definitely going to be the starter.
Chris Borland is definitely going to be the primary backup. Sorry Skov (and Moody, who will probably be traded for a 7th).
Joe Looney cleaned up his mistakes of the past two weeks, looked decent.
:siren:Jonathan Martin looked just fine again.:siren:
Quinton Patton is going to slip behind Ellington, but will be great depth.
Daniel Kilgore looked much better working to his right than his left. Blew a few line shifts.
Mike Iupati just looked embarrassing on several plays, but so did Staley. I wonder if they simply had instructions to avoid contact, or if Luiget is just that good (entirely possible).

Edit: They're going to try to stash Asante Cleveland on the practice squad. Hid him well.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 25, 2014

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Shath Hole posted:

Or the fact that with JJ Watt Watting all over the NFL last year, the Texans still had the worst record in the league because of horrible qb play. I get falling in love with players on the team you root for, but to not take a 25 year old legit franchise quarterback (the most important position in football) is kinda nuts to me.

You, a Falcons fan, wanna tell me about needing a franchise QB and poor records? :v:

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

bhsman posted:

Were you always like this or have there been substances involved?

bhsman posted:

Find better ways to respond to posts you disagree with

hmmm yes *dumb rhetorical question* lol come on now

anyways have fun with uh, Fitzmagic!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm annoyed we could have had, Watt, Clowney and Bridgewater.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Homestar Runner posted:

hmmm yes *dumb rhetorical question* lol come on now

anyways have fun with uh, Fitzmagic!

Have fun with a braindead Welker and a successfully trolled Manning I guess, dick.

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm annoyed we could have had, Watt, Clowney and Bridgewater.

Savage gets no love. :smith:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

bhsman posted:

You, a Falcons fan, wanna tell me about needing a franchise QB and poor records? :v:

Yeah. I am.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

bhsman posted:

Have fun with a braindead Welker

okay. overreaction. but okay!

lol deflecting really is your gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Shath Hole posted:

Yeah. I am.

Fair enough, and I see your point but I feel like anyone who goes "But they had JJ Watt and still went 2-14!" is only judging that season by the record alone. It would just as silly to look at Atlanta's record and think elite QBs were worthless because Matt Ryan had a good season and they still stunk up the place. Would you agree?

• Locked thread