Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Surely stokes would be Eddie Stobard. It's like they didn't even try!

Edited because spelling. I mean come on! I see them trucks on the road all the drat time!

MyFaceBeHi fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

This is the one I used for Real Euro Companies: http://danmods.co.uk/modpg.php?mod=3

Although it doesn't have Globus. It has:

Close enough. It still makes me wonder why did noone make mod like that. It's pretty obvious idea for a mod when SCS made the logos so similar.

I guess I'll settle for my lovely photoshop skills :v: http://i.imgur.com/ZCaVVwH.png

Nokiaman fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 23, 2014

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Surely stokes would be Eddie Stobbad. It's like they didn't even try!

In ets1 the Stokes logo even uses the stobart colours, also kaarfor is obviously carrefour. I'm not too fussed about the company names anyway, I just like having the different trailers.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I'm from Canada and all the fake in game names may as well have been real European places. I installed a mod that made them into John Deer and FedEx and I think I liked the fake ones better.

Also the latest update has much better DK2 support. The menus work much better now. Things are looking good.

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
I not sure how long the achievement list has been active, but it's there.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Technically it's not active until the next version (1.13) is released which, a according to the devs, will be "early September." Apparently it also includes achievements on their World of Trucks service. I haven't been able to unlock any of the cheevos yet but apparently Kilonium unlocked the nationwide garage thing by owning a garage in Luxembourg!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Nah, I meant I'll unlock it as soon as it goes live.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

It's going to be real hilarious to boot the game up once the patch drops and have like 10 or 11 cheevo pop-ups get all up in your face.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

What the hell are cheevos?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

AdorableStar posted:

Achievements.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

AdorableStar posted:

The things that leave that orange stain on your fingers.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Some of those cheevos are crazy. Have 5 large garages with 100% productivity, have 20 employees at max level. After over 200 hours with the same save, max amount of hired drivers and +€30,000,000 in the bank I dont' even have 1 employee at max level or a garage at 100% productivity. Also, is it even possible to have a +2,200km drive delivery without using a ferry without mods?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Oh the Pathfinder one is going to drive everyone crazy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

TjyvTompa posted:

Some of those cheevos are crazy. Have 5 large garages with 100% productivity, have 20 employees at max level. After over 200 hours with the same save, max amount of hired drivers and +€30,000,000 in the bank I dont' even have 1 employee at max level or a garage at 100% productivity. Also, is it even possible to have a +2,200km drive delivery without using a ferry without mods?

It's actually quite easy to level up your hired drivers because all you need to do is rest over and over. Unless you've got a half dozen loans to pay off the player doesn't need to do a delivery every time they're able to.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
If you have either TSM or Promods + Russia mod the 2200km one would be very easy. Pathfinder, on the other hand, that will be a bitch!

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Early screenshots of the new Majestic they are building.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/08/mercedes-benz-new-actros-work-in.html

Solomon Chumby
Dec 31, 2012

I've been playing this with an Xbox controller for 128 hours and just upgraded to a G27. Is there a recommended controls configuration for the G27 somewhere? The game's default settings didn't even map the clutch and brake pedals.

Also, any suggestions on how best to handle looking around while driving with no TrackIR?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Solomon Chumby posted:

I've been playing this with an Xbox controller for 128 hours and just upgraded to a G27. Is there a recommended controls configuration for the G27 somewhere? The game's default settings didn't even map the clutch and brake pedals.

Also, any suggestions on how best to handle looking around while driving with no TrackIR?

Huh, if I remember correctly when I installed my G27 it mapped the brake and clutch automatically. All the buttons I mapped myself since I wanted things I use a lot to be in comfortable positions (like the retarder on the steering wheel) and important buttons to be in easy reach (like next favorite radio station). Don't forget to set the H-shifter config to whatever setup you find comfortable: http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/input_config.php

I don't remember how looking around works without a TrackIR. If you have a "look left" "look right" and "look center" button I might map them to buttons on the wheel so you don't have to take your hand off it. Otherwise, I guess to the D-pad thing on the shifter.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

CitrusFrog posted:

I know when I've been up for days on amphetamines I can easily sleep for 24 hours but after that I just can't seem to sleep any more

Truck Lyfe :v:

Now that I think about it, why aren't trucker pills in this game?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Turn off fatigue and you're taking these.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Now that I think about it, why aren't trucker pills in this game?

That needs to be pro-level. Let's say you reach level 20 it then gives you the option of spending €50 per day to "disable fatigue." 72 hours later the colour palette starts changing and White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane starts playing.

I may have typed that before but I SO WANT THAT TO HAPPEN OH GOD COME ON SOMEONE MOD THAT IN ALREADY!

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I wish you could go to a truck stop and pick up a red bull or something like that.

Can you even dictate how long you rest? It seems like if a job is too long you take a nap near the end and sleep 6-7 hours and meeting your deadline is screwed.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

JHVH-1 posted:

I wish you could go to a truck stop and pick up a filthy hooker.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

JHVH-1 posted:

I wish you could go to a truck stop and pick up a red bull or something like that.

Can you even dictate how long you rest? It seems like if a job is too long you take a nap near the end and sleep 6-7 hours and meeting your deadline is screwed.

Is there a point where you actually start running into trouble with time limits? I have one point in Just-in-time delivery and, I think, three in Long Distance and I've never had a moment where I felt like I was in danger of missing a deadline; I feel like you'd have to accidentally fall asleep twice, or spend a lot of time driving in the wrong direction for the time limit to actually become an issue. But the game gets harder and I just haven't got there yet.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I took a super-rush delivery, tipped over sideways three-quarters of the way there, got towed all the way back to where I started & made it with a half-hour to spare. Driving a MAN. Which was damaged in the rollover and somehow not repaired during the tow process so it'd randomly shut off on me while driving.

As long as you disregard the speed limit you have oodles of time to gently caress up.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

JHVH-1 posted:

I'm pretty sure that hitting the button after you start sleeping wakes you back up.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is there a point where you actually start running into trouble with time limits? I have one point in Just-in-time delivery and, I think, three in Long Distance and I've never had a moment where I felt like I was in danger of missing a deadline; I feel like you'd have to accidentally fall asleep twice, or spend a lot of time driving in the wrong direction for the time limit to actually become an issue. But the game gets harder and I just haven't got there yet.

Yes, you'll eventually get really long distance (2+naps) just in time deliveries that cut it close. Thankfully taking a ferry counts as sleeping so if you do it right, you can drive more than you'd think.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

duz posted:

I'm pretty sure that hitting the button after you start sleeping wakes you back up.

Yes, you'll eventually get really long distance (2+naps) just in time deliveries that cut it close. Thankfully taking a ferry counts as sleeping so if you do it right, you can drive more than you'd think.

Ah, that's good to know.

I kind of wish that this game had a difficulty curve so that instead of expanding into a continent-spanning trucking conglomerate that earns you a million euros every time you go to sleep, you lived a more accurate lower-middle class working life in which you have to work harder and harder to stay on top of your rapidly crumbling financial situation. Much like Silent Hunter 3, the challenge of the game would be to hang on to your life for as long as you can while the world slowly closes in around you and tries to push you out.

Is there an alimony and child support mod? There should be a DUI simulator in this game.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

MyFaceBeHi posted:

That needs to be pro-level. Let's say you reach level 20 it then gives you the option of spending €50 per day to "disable fatigue." 72 hours later the colour palette starts changing and White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane starts playing.

I may have typed that before but I SO WANT THAT TO HAPPEN OH GOD COME ON SOMEONE MOD THAT IN ALREADY!

I would buy the gently caress out of a "Speed Freaks" DLC, it also needs to have an animation of tossing a piss-filled bottle out of the window every 10 minutes because drat.

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
Just managed to skip a tollbooth for the first time. :rock:

A poor old hatchback got some buttlove from my Volvo unfortunately. :rice:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

I just checked the size of my ETS2 mods folder and the size of the actual game folder

Game folder: 4.75GB
Mods folder: 6.98GB

I think I'm doing this right.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 25, 2014

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dilettante. posted:

Just managed to skip a tollbooth for the first time. :rock:

A poor old hatchback got some buttlove from my Volvo unfortunately. :rice:

Is there a trick to this? Just slam into the back of someone as they go through?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Snowy posted:

Is there a trick to this? Just slam into the back of someone as they go through?

I feel like this is not a financially viable long-term strategy...

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you miss one drat turn sometimes you are driving forever to find a place where you can just turn around to get back to the highway you need to be on. One time I also didn't realize I hadn't let my driver sleep before taking another job. If you up your skill you get the super urgent ones.

Currently in the game I am working to get enough money to buy a second truck cause I didn't realize when I hired a guy and paid all that money to expand that he couldn't just take random jobs like I can.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Largepotato posted:

Early screenshots of the new Majestic they are building.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/08/mercedes-benz-new-actros-work-in.html

I like how the WIP model very clearly has the Mercedes logo. Guess they're still hoping they can get an official license from those guys and thus do the work ahead of time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

JHVH-1 posted:

If you miss one drat turn sometimes you are driving forever to find a place where you can just turn around to get back to the highway you need to be on. One time I also didn't realize I hadn't let my driver sleep before taking another job. If you up your skill you get the super urgent ones.

Currently in the game I am working to get enough money to buy a second truck cause I didn't realize when I hired a guy and paid all that money to expand that he couldn't just take random jobs like I can.

Take out a loan? Hell, take out the 400k loan and buy two trucks.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

Take out a loan? Hell, take out the 400k loan and buy two trucks.

I totally forgot about the loan system. I bought my first truck and upgrades entirely with cash, but with another truck or two I could have money coming in that would pay the loan off no problem.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I like how the WIP model very clearly has the Mercedes logo. Guess they're still hoping they can get an official license from those guys and thus do the work ahead of time.

The first paragraph says they obtained the last license for the "euro seven" so I assume they do have it now.

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011

Snowy posted:

Yes.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I feel like this is not a financially viable long-term strategy...

Also this.

The fee at the other end of the tollbooth was €0 though! :D

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They have the license, they're just not adding the logo in until they have the new truck in (it might be something to do with the new truck).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

JHVH-1 posted:

I totally forgot about the loan system. I bought my first truck and upgrades entirely with cash, but with another truck or two I could have money coming in that would pay the loan off no problem.

Hired drivers take a bit to level up to earn significant amounts from my experience (or if you hire one with a couple of points already in long distance) so you'll still need to be the one to earn most of cash to pay it off but with the exception of a job that moves something with in the same city a single haul can pretty much always cover the 24 hour payment.

• Locked thread