Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ernie mills pulled out the "on our friendship" chestnut that he's town idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

Had a change of heart?

Am I seeing something that isn't there? Feels fishy. You have earned my first vote.

##vote Ernie

yes you are

because i'm prodding for reactions, and wouldn't have had a key reaction (used in the second part of my sentence) if i didn't first push sombrero a little

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ernie mills pulled out the "on our friendship" chestnut that he's town idk

he didn't, though!

he pulled the 'town ernie would never play like this with me!' when he and i just finished a game where i was scum and he was town and i ran as a clique with him to avoid his suspicion

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I meant with me Ernest

Little did he know my only friend....

Is death!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Honestly though, gently caress meta arguments.

Ernie, why did you give away your money to a rando?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

There's one obvious reason.

Therefore vote Meinberg.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mills posted:

Therefore vote Meinberg.

You are tedious.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

Therefore vote Meinberg.

Mills is broken,

Therefore vote meinberg

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ugh, now there's two of them?! Even GHOSTS are better than this!*

*no they're not, dick hallorann hates ghosts

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey. Hey Somber

:ghost:BOO

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I legitimately think Ernie is scum and would be happy to answer any questions on this.

Therefore, tediously, vote Meinberg.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

Hey. Hey Somber

:ghost:BOO

Prepare to taste The Shining, you gross rat ghost.

Magnus shoot him please. I'll pay you $100.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mills posted:

I legitimately think Ernie is scum and would be happy to answer any questions on this.

Therefore, tediously, vote Meinberg.

How do you think Ernie died and why is his spirit trying to communicate with us?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I haven't seen the movie; I just liked the player list.

Therefore Ernie is scum for acting in a way that avoids him having to discuss where his money should go, attention he doesn't want as scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mills posted:

I haven't seen the movie; I just liked the player list.

Thank you Mills

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

It's true that you contributed.

Therefore, vote Ernie.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Prepare to taste The Shining, you gross rat ghost.

Magnus shoot him please. I'll pay you $100.

Is this an idle suggestion? I thought you didn't believe I had a vig.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Magnus if you shoot Ernie I will volunteer for lynch if he flips town.

Therefore, vote Meinberg.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I agree, Ernie seems like a badguy

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hey guys, there's a lot of talking going on in this thread, and I will admit that I'm having a bit of trouble following along. Could someone explain why Ernie is such a bad guy?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

It's a meta argument for me so my words would probably interest you even less than usual.

Therefore, something unrelated.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mills posted:

It's a meta argument for me so my words would probably interest you even less than usual.

Therefore, something unrelated.

Lay it on me. I'm going to be ~open-minded~ today.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

Magnus if you shoot Ernie I will volunteer for lynch if he flips town.

Therefore, vote Meinberg.

If you're wrong then that will mean two town deaths assuming you(mills) are town.

That doesn't sound like a good plan. Sounds pretty funny though.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
This old man was on the machine I wanted to use reading a loving magazine between sets. Like what the gently caress. What an rear end in a top hat. Read at home dipshit

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Ernie and I are best pals, clearly that much is true. We read each other very well. I asked him to give me his $100 so that I could do something objectively town minded with it today, caveated with the request to be judged on my action. Of all people, Ernie is better equipped than most to understand the logic and potential for positive EV. In addition, our close ties should have told him this was my town play as I am against taking risks in general in mafia as they are almost always negative EV plays, particularly so on D1. To avoid all of this and the discussion surrounding it, Ernie sent his funds to nebulous black hole Gulag citing "humour". Ernie is not entirely unhumourous but it's not his behaviour to avoid a discussion and make an irreversible decision not only prior to the discussion about it, but as an exercise to actively avoid the discussion.

Therefore, I like coffee.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mills posted:

Ernie and I are best pals, clearly that much is true. We read each other very well. I asked him to give me his $100 so that I could do something objectively town minded with it today, caveated with the request to be judged on my action. Of all people, Ernie is better equipped than most to understand the logic and potential for positive EV. In addition, our close ties should have told him this was my town play as I am against taking risks in general in mafia as they are almost always negative EV plays, particularly so on D1. To avoid all of this and the discussion surrounding it, Ernie sent his funds to nebulous black hole Gulag citing "humour". Ernie is not entirely unhumourous but it's not his behaviour to avoid a discussion and make an irreversible decision not only prior to the discussion about it, but as an exercise to actively avoid the discussion.

Therefore, I like coffee.

On the other hand, you have been acting somewhat erratically in this game. The whole "therefore" shtick, the unjustified aggression against me. One might imagine that your peculiar behavior might be enough to warn someone off of trusting you.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree, Ernie seems like a badguy

Only badguys say "badguy".

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I just wish you were as smart as you claim sometimes because it would mean you were better equipped to work certain things out.

Therefore, I ordered toast for breakfast.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DuckHuntDog posted:

You just said it twice!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

DuckHuntDog posted:

Did you just trap sprung yourself

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think you're missing something Meinberg. Thus, I got vegemite on my toast.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

I just wish you were as smart as you claim sometimes because it would mean you were better equipped to work certain things out.

Therefore, I ordered toast for breakfast.

I don't get your therefore gimmick. It's like that game where you say two places and then you're able to figure out what the next logical location is. People would always say that poo poo to me and say "come on it's simple" and then someone else would chime in with the answer and I could never figure it out and no one would tell me how it worked.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Opopanax posted:

You just said it twice!

That's not how it works and you know it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mills posted:

I think you're missing something Meinberg. Thus, I got vegemite on my toast.

Saying such assumes that there is something to miss. I normally find that things are just as simple as they appear, and that my attempts to find greater complexity lead to outrage and ostracism. Now, assuming there is something more at play, we can assume a few possibilities.

The most likely possibilities is that Mills is under the effect of some posting restriction, either self- or mod-imposed.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

That is an interesting theory on which I will not comment.

Therefore, let's vote Ernie out.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mills posted:

That is an interesting theory on which I will not comment.

Therefore, let's vote Ernie out.

I have no desire to rush through the game, running around at the first impulse. No, I will take my time and cogitate on things. You might see this as "waffling" or "hedging" but only if you are an idiot.

We have four days. No need to rush.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I find your approach cumbersome but respect that it is your approach to own.

As a result of this, I am eating my toast.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm a tired, old man. Our intuition expands but slowly, compared to the rapid neural plasticity of the whipper snappers. This world of Mafia remains fresh and unlearned, so I take my time. It's not a matter of double-guessing, it's a matter of embracing one's process fully and absolutely, and following through. Giving ideas time to breathe is highly important, at least to me.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

Is this an idle suggestion? I thought you didn't believe I had a vig.

Answer this somber when you get a chance. Sooner rather than later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think Mills is more likely to be scum than Ernie here. When Ernie's scum he doesn't give a poo poo.

• Locked thread