Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Yeah, I realized that too, but I think the free advance and reveal is still worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, a region is a tile. Just let me know which advance/tile you want.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I'll take Cartography and reveal the region north of my northern city.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 3.1.3 - Spincut is the current player.

Action 3: The Great Discoverer is activated by paying a Culture token. Cartography is gained; a map region is revealed. Barbarians are discovered!

Turn 3.1.4 - Golden Battler is the current player.

Green Status (Golden Battler) | Blue Status (Gabriel Pope) | Yellow Status (Fat Samurai) | Red Status (Spincut) | Player Aid (Costs, etc.) | Rules | Available Wonders | Objectives

Spincut, choose which grass tile (A7 or C7) the barbarians spawn on. Bear in mind they have a range of 2 for attacks. Golden Battler, you have three actions.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I'll put them in A7.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

They'll show up in the next map, since it's nothing Golden Battler needs to worry about.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Oh christ, I can't believe I forgot about this for so long. I blame it all on C86 and XCOM absorbing my life.

Gabriel Pope posted:

Exhaust the forest at E7. Golden Battler can have the +2 food.

Quoting this since it wasn't reflected in my Status.

Free: Collect from southern city, 2 Food 1 Ore 1 Idea (I believe this brings me up to 4 Food and 2 Ideas when compounded with what I've got)
1: Ideas to Advance Tactics
2: Food to Advance Draft

And I'll pause here since I think that gives me an event from hitting 3 culture.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Oh, Tactics. Joy.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Golden Battler posted:

Oh christ, I can't believe I forgot about this for so long. I blame it all on C86

You and me both, I've been playing the poo poo out of Labyrinth 2. Where's the drat Plus Disk?

quote:

Quoting this since it wasn't reflected in my Status.

Yeah, looks like that's my bad.

Fat Samurai posted:

Oh, Tactics. Joy.

Well he's got a free town right there.

I'll run things when I'm back from work.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Free Action 2 Food, 1 Ore and 1 Idea are collected.
Action 1: Tactics is researched with Ideas. Culture increases.
Action 2: Draft is researched with Food. Culture increases.

Event: Great Merchant posted:

The first player to spend a Culture token on his turn may, as an action: Get a free Economics advance, and if he has the Trade Routes advance, activate it for its effect. Place Barbarians.

Green Status (Golden Battler) | Blue Status (Gabriel Pope) | Yellow Status (Fat Samurai) | Red Status (Spincut) | Player Aid (Costs, etc.) | Rules | Available Wonders | Objectives

Golden Battler, you have one more action. Also, nominate a space within 2 spaces of one your cities in which to place a Barbarian Camp and Army, then nominate a camp in which to place an extra army.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Giving the thread another kick! Also, a fun did you know: when you take over a Barbarian settlement, you get 1 Gold per army in it that you killed? It seems I left that out of my condensed rules and it might be a bit important sometime soon. Fortunately, I've checked back and I'm pretty sure no-one this game has attacked a camp yet?

Stelas fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Aug 25, 2014

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Woops, poo poo, my mind was like "yo you posted your turn a couple days ago" but I forgot that I wasn't actually done yet. :downs:

Does spending the culture to activate the Great Merchant event take up my turn? I'm doing it regardless though, that's too good to pass up. I'll advance Bartering, put the camp two tiles northwest of my northern city, and I'll toss the barbarian army into E9, as tempted as I am to just put them in my own new city for the extra gold.

If that doesn't take up my third action, then I'll also build 2 Armies in the northern city, using 1 Food, 1 Ore, and 1 Mood token.

e: Labyrinth 2's expansion probably won't be coming until the next big convention. It was supposed to be done by C86 but it got delayed by him helping out with some other doujin circle's game.

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 26, 2014

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm going to spend my first action to advance Metallurgy for free (from Priesthood), which should trigger an event so I'll wait to see what's next.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I probably shouldn't ask for fear of what little free time I have, but what is C86?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Spincut posted:

I probably shouldn't ask for fear of what little free time I have, but what is C86?

It's animes. You're safe! (A couple of games based on shoot-em-up series Touhou just came out / got translated.)

Golden Battler posted:

Does spending the culture to activate the Great Merchant event take up my turn?

Yeah, it's 'as an action'. I'm going to assume you mean 'one tile NW of your northern city' because you don't have the space, otherwise!

Barbarians spawn!
Action 3: A Culture token is spend to activate the Great Merchant. Bartering is advanced. Mood increases.

A Splendid Year posted:

Gain 3 Food. Barbarians Attack!

Because both camps are basically the same I'm going to roll the attack now, and we can decide which attacked afterwards if damage needs working out. If it's a bigger or more pitched battle I will prompt for tactics cards, but hey it's just a barbarian.

Barbarians assault green's northern city! 1 Army: 1d6 = 3. 0 hits!
Green's army defends! 2 Armies: 2d6 = 2. 0 hits!

Ouch.

Turn 3.2.1 - Gabriel Pope is the current player.

Gabriel Pope, you have three actions.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

I'm going to spend my first action to advance Metallurgy for free (from Priesthood), which should trigger an event so I'll wait to see what's next.

Metallurgy has Chemistry as a pre-req - it can be rather hard to see on the sheet, another 'spindly red text on bright colours' moment.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Doh. Ok, take Chemistry then.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Action 1: Chemistry is advanced for free. Culture increases.

Event: Local Flooding posted:

You must reduce the mood of one of your cities adjancent to Sea, if possible.
The city at D6 goes neutral unless you spend a Mood token to activate Myths.

Gabriel Pope, you have two actions remaining.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Yeah, spend the token.

Action 2: Activate Nazureth, collect 2 ore + 1 food (using Roads at no cost due to Husbandry)
Action 3: Advance Metallurgy for free (from Chemistry)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

A Mood Token is spent.

Action 2: 2 Ore and 1 Food are collected.
Action 3: Metallurgy is gained for free. Culture increases.

Turn 3.2.2 - Fat Samurai is the current player.

Fat Samurai, you have three actions.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Stelas posted:

It's animes. You're safe! (A couple of games based on shoot-em-up series Touhou just came out / got translated.)

Ahhhh, gotcha.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Free) First I'm going to play MILITIA from my hand, to place a unit in the city nearest the barbs.
Free) Then I'll activate the city in I3 to collect 1 Wood, 1 Food and 1 Iron.
1) Activate the city on G3 and build a temple. Get a mood token.
2) Research Engineering for free (with Mathematics)
Free) Use my action card TECH SYNERGY to research Sanitation, paying with 2 ideas. This leaves me with nothing in the way of resources, because my people like to think they are Epicureans, but in truth they are just fat and goony.

That should trigger an event.

EDIT: I just want to say that, even if I'm playing inefficiently and Gabriel Pope is two turns from marching his armies through my cities, I'm having a blast. It's great to go "I'll do this, which lets me do that, and then I'll use this to get that FOR FREE! HA!".

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 26, 2014

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fat Samurai posted:

EDIT: I just want to say that, even if I'm playing horribly inefficiently and Gabriel Pope is two turns from marching his armies through my cities, I'm having a blast going "I'll do this, which lets me do that, and then I'll use this to get that FOR FREE! HA!".

I've got like 4 barbarians to march through first, and with the way the event deck is going either that amount is going to double before my next turn or else all my poo poo is going to start blowing up.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

I've got like 4 barbarians to march through first, and with the way the event deck is going either that amount is going to double before my next turn or else all my poo poo is going to start blowing up.

I may have been exaggerating a bit.

Three turns. :v:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

EDIT: I just want to say that, even if I'm playing inefficiently and Gabriel Pope is two turns from marching his armies through my cities, I'm having a blast. It's great to go "I'll do this, which lets me do that, and then I'll use this to get that FOR FREE! HA!".

I think the game's a lot more fun when played inefficiently, which is why I'm not trying to really offer too much in the way of advice. When stuff's going wrong and you're scrambling to deal with things, it's more entertaining than just mashing the tech tree, as useful as that can be. (That said, I love that Golden Battler is just chilling out in unexplored territory.)

I'm hoping for some diplomacy down the line, whenever I play it we always forget that's even an option.

I've heard that Eclipse is basically 'Clash of Cultures only moreso' but I kind of like how clean and simple CoC is once you know the tech tree a bit better.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 26, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Someone other than Blue plays a card! Shock!

Free Action: A culture token is played to play Militia, granting a free Army in H6.
Free Action: I3 is activated to collect 1 Wood, 1 Food, 1 Iron.
Action 1: A temple is built in G3, granting a Mood token.
Action 2: Engineering is researched for free. A wonder is revealed, and added to the text file linked below the map.
Free Action: Gaining an advance triggers the playing of Tech Synergy, allowing another advance from the same category. 2 Ideas are paid, and Sanitation is researched. Mood increases.

Event: A Fine Year posted:

You gain 1 Food. Add barbarians.

Fat Samurai, you have one more action. Additionally, nominate a space within 2 of one of your cities to gain a Barbarian Camp and Army, and nominate a camp anywhere on the board to receive another Army.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Place the Barbarian camp on F6

Action 3) Pay 1 culture token to learn Bartering. I have plans.

Also, shouldn't I have 3 culture tokens? I don't think I've spent any yet.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Spincut you need to trigger some more events so you can plant a barb camp on C9, I'm not totally ringed in by barbarians yet

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

Spincut you need to trigger some more events so you can plant a barb camp on C9, I'm not totally ringed in by barbarians yet

Think of the free money!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Action 3) Pay 1 culture token to learn Bartering. I have plans.

How are you activating this? The Great Merchant is gone, Golden Battler immediately used it! Checking on the Culture Token thing now. e: Oh, right. You played Militia - it cost a Culture token to use.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Stelas posted:

How are you activating this? The Great Merchant is gone, Golden Battler immediately used it! Checking on the Culture Token thing now. e: Oh, right. You played Militia - it cost a Culture token to use.

I missed both :suicide:. Those were stupid plans anyway.

3) Move my settler 1 down. I should get around building another city, I guess.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Action 3: The Settler heads south, and reveals a tile.

Turn 3.2.3 - Spincut is the current player.

Spincut, you have 3 actions. Fat Samurai, you may rotate the piece your settler just moved onto 180' if you wish.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 26, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

In other news, look at this kick-rear end map. I don't think there's much more than 1 water tile left in the entire game.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 26, 2014

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Where did the extra barbarian go?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Turn it, yeah. I'd rather have forest at this point.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

Where did the extra barbarian go?

Oh yeah, Fat Samurai needs to stick 1 Barb army somewhere. And I need to update the map to add the camp. One sec, fixing...

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Stelas posted:

and nominate a camp anywhere on the board to receive another Army.
Oh, missed this. I'm in great form today.

E9 for the reinforcements

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Okay, everything's been updated into the map above and should now be correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Hm. Move my Settler NW one space, found a city in las montagnes, and activate my southern city to get 1 food and 1 ore?

• Locked thread