Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Slaapaav posted:

is there any truth to the de jong to manu for pocket change rumor???

Probably fueled by the fact that he hasn't played in any of the recent friendlies, but he's been injured. I highly doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Di Natale got what I think is the first official hat trick of the season, he's got 3 so far in the Udinese-Como Coppa match.

He ended up with five (5) goals on the day.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

If Balotelli leaving means El Sha starts owning again, I think thats a good thing

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trem_two posted:

Jesus

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Inzaghi said that losing Balotelli is good for the team as a whole. I don't know why so many people hate the guy but so many people can't be completely wrong.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Como is a third division side supported exclusively by celebrities so it's cool and good.

trem_two posted:

Really cool and good, that is. What a player :allears:

Hegay posted:

If Balotelli leaving means El Sha starts owning again, I think thats a good thing

Agreed

Cippalippus posted:

Inzaghi said that losing Balotelli is good for the team as a whole. I don't know why so many people hate the guy but so many people can't be completely wrong.

For one there should be a lot less media attention and hopefully less non-sports coverage of the team, and that definitely a good thing.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
milan cant afford to have someone like balotelli be their focus when they dont have any of their old guard anymore to keep the team grounded. depending on an overgrown child to score goals sends the wrong message. They need to give players with a better attitude a more important role in the team

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

trem_two posted:

He scored 4 and against Ternana not Como. But none of that matters because look at that loving fourth goal

http://udinesecalcio.portals.twww.tv/video/2d8425966e5f17cbc17df0a70106787b.html

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Drogadon posted:

He scored 4 and against Ternana not Como. But none of that matters because look at that loving fourth goal

http://udinesecalcio.portals.twww.tv/video/2d8425966e5f17cbc17df0a70106787b.html

loving hell, who even attempts that?

Also goddamm, I couldn't even get the team right, thanks for the correction. He could have scored 5, but he gave Thereau the penalty kick for the 5th. Top player, but we knew that.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
that chip takes some balls

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I was lied to by both legit stat sites and Twitter memes on Di Natale scoring 5 goals. Nothing is sacred.

But yeah that 4th goal is amazing. So happy that he decided to come back this year.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

loving hell, who even attempts that?

I love Tony Christmas and it will be a sad day when he plays his last game

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I hope Luca Toni and Toto di Natale plays forever. They're certainly giving it a good go.

Also lol at Inzaghi just straight out saying that AC Milan will have a better team spirit with Balotelli gone. Not that its untrue or anything, but still.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I just read the OP and it's good but got the first time in my life I realised the Sampdoria logo being a dude smoking a pipe and my mind exploded.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

MrBling posted:

I hope Luca Toni and Toto di Natale plays forever. They're certainly giving it a good go.

Also lol at Inzaghi just straight out saying that AC Milan will have a better team spirit with Balotelli gone. Not that its untrue or anything, but still.

Was Balotelli causing that many issues in the AC Milan squad? I just thought he went off the boil last season.

The reactions are so 50/50 about his departure.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Was Balotelli causing that many issues in the AC Milan squad? I just thought he went off the boil last season.

The reactions are so 50/50 about his departure.

I don't think he was causing the team too many issues internally but he was certainly keeping the club in the media spotlight at all times which doesn't help anyone.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Rossi out for 2 matches it looks like now :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

loving double post

Soulex fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 26, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm seeing double here

4 injuries!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Roma replaces Benatia with Manolas at least, and seems they have most of their defense in a weird shape for saturday- Maicon and Castan out of the group training, Benatia :byewhore:, Astori just came back as did Pjanic.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Traianos DellasKostas Manolas is probably a shrewd signing, but 30 mio. euros for Benatia seems like a bargain in a world where Mangala goes for 35. Surely Roma could've gotten more, but Benatia being a bit of a bitch during all this probably didn't help the price in the end.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

GreatestLurker posted:

Traianos DellasKostas Manolas is probably a shrewd signing, but 30 mio. euros for Benatia seems like a bargain in a world where Mangala goes for 35. Surely Roma could've gotten more, but Benatia being a bit of a bitch during all this probably didn't help the price in the end.

Allegedly he told Roma he'd refuse to play all year if not sold.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Allegedly he told Roma he'd refuse to play all year if not sold.

What a oval office. I can understand wanting to move to a bigger club but it's not like Roma wouldn't have sold him eventually when the right offer came in.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Benatia (or his agent) had been an rear end about his existing contract since before last season had even ended. Not too surprising that he forced a move I suppose.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Who are Kostas Manolas? Seems like he's suddenly the best defender in the world

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hegay posted:

Who are Kostas Manolas? Seems like he's suddenly the best defender in the world
*googles*

He is the nephew of Greek football legend Stelios Manolas.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
AC Milan has loaned Didac Vila to Eibar. I didn't even know they still had him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MrBling posted:

AC Milan has loaned Didac Vila to Eibar. I didn't even know they still had him.

He's played one game in I think 4 years of being there, one of which he was sidelined with a hernia or something. I have no idea why he's still on the books.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Because he has a 4 year contract, and it expires in 2015. He needs to play or his card will be sold for a bag of Pringles.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cippalippus posted:

Because he has a 4 year contract, and it expires in 2015. He needs to play or his card will be sold for a bag of Pringles.

I have a feeling he'll be let go on a free.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

That's likely, but Milan needs to reduce their expenditure on wages, so I wouldn't worry about it. Under the skin, the big problem between Galliani and Berlusconi Jr was that the former kept a roster too wide and too full of overpaid scarponi del cazzo.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Schelotto is a donkey.
Judging by appearence, you already knew that, but no, he's literally a (flying) donkey now. Going to Chievo on a loan with option to buy, along with Botta.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cippalippus posted:

That's likely, but Milan needs to reduce their expenditure on wages, so I wouldn't worry about it. Under the skin, the big problem between Galliani and Berlusconi Jr was that the former kept a roster too wide and too full of overpaid scarponi del cazzo.

And yet here is this Mexes, who I think is the top earner at the club now that Mario's gone.

Mexes

Is the top earner.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gigi Galli posted:

And yet here is this Mexes, who I think is the top earner at the club now that Mario's gone.

Mexes

Is the top earner.

Burlusconi was being kept alive by underage prostitutes and the impotent rage of the Milanisti and now the girls are gone....

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

As they say on the Calciomercato shows on italian TV, "Fiorentina scatenata". We've just lodged an official offer for Fernando from Shaktar, with the ok from player, Director and Lucescu (missing final ok from owner) and are currently matching offer for Stambouli of Montpellier, with the player keen on the move.

I think this means Aquilani is going, since they're both Midfielders and he hasn't renewed yet.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Good job Rafa...

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

After today, I must ask: does Genny have to ask himself permission to go to the piazza and do the needful?

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

The shadenfreude is perceivable in the streets of Bergamo this morning.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

After today, I must ask: does Genny have to ask himself permission to go to the piazza and do the needful?

Ultras say no.

If this was the J League maybe. Seppuku to regain lost honor and all that poo poo.

Torres to Milan on loan is looking scary.

I will miss the openin match for Viola due to a goddamn plane flight. I hope everything goes well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Pirlo injured his hip and is out a month.

Also, Torres agents came out from negotiations with Milan board looking confident a deal will be done.

• Locked thread