Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo

mcustic posted:

Jesus loving Christ these comments are making me furious. A man dies and a little girl has to live with the fact that she accidently killed an innocent person, and all the loving liberals are just loving spamming their anti-gun or anti-USA bullshit. Show a little loving respect for human lives your shitlords, you know, that thing you pretend to care about but in reality don't give two shits about.

Also, before someone says my opinion isn't valid because I'm from the USA, I'm not, I'm actually Canadian. I just don't blame all the worlds problems on pieces of metal.

I'm all for arming every kid in America with automatic weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pannus

mcustic posted:

Jesus loving Christ these comments are making me furious. A man dies and a little girl has to live with the fact that she accidently killed an innocent person, and all the loving liberals are just loving spamming their anti-gun or anti-USA bullshit. Show a little loving respect for human lives your shitlords, you know, that thing you pretend to care about but in reality don't give two shits about.

Also, before someone says my opinion isn't valid because I'm from the USA, I'm not, I'm actually Canadian. I just don't blame all the worlds problems on pieces of metal.

lol

happyhippy

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
There is a simple solution to US's gun problems.
Give every male who has registered as a gun owner a free penis enlargement.
They won't be an angry and shoot happy when they no longer have two inch todgers.

Take the plunge! Okay!

I laugh at this video. No wonder American is afraid to stop our liberation of Ukrainia. Americans is clowns who will shoot each other and have no chance against strong Russian army. 

concerned mom

by Lowtax
Uzi 9mm

Pimpcasso

VOLS BITCH
video cuts off before the good stuff? :flaccid:

No. 6

There is literally nothing that could have been done to prevent this tragedy.

Who What Now

by Azathoth

No. 6 posted:

There is literally nothing that could have been done to prevent this tragedy.

Not true. This never would have happened if the instructor had had a gun too.

Zzulu

(▰˘v˘▰)
Guns are harmony

Pannus

Zzulu posted:

Guns are harmony

that guy is a hero, he liberated the rainbow that was trapped in that icy pond

Pannus

otoh rainbows are pretty gay so maybe he's not a hero after all

happyhippy

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Watched the video, the uzi is loving thicker than her arms.

Fog Tripper

by Smythe

Bondage posted:

Tezzor, explain why you continue to post on SA when everyone thinks you're a piece of poo poo and a horrible poster.

reminder that tezzer is a piece of poo poo and a horrible poster

edit: reminder that the best course of action is to not reply to tezzer and AK, and watch them melt down from the loss of replies

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Aug 27, 2014

lfield
how quickly do you think the owner of bullets and burgers went from being sad about charlie getting killed to being angry about how this will affect publicity

XK

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Zzulu posted:

What exactly is the process of getting a gun in America?

In my country you have to be apply for a license with the police and then become a registered member of a gunclub for 6 months before you can get the license for a small firearm like a .22. This then includes courses on how to handle the guns. The gunclubs can also just deny you a license if they feel like it so you can usually not halfass it and you have to be active there to maintain and renew your license. After about a year you get to handle some bigger calibre at the gunclub

You can also get a license for hunting weapons but they're restricted to you know, weapons that make sense for hunting so you can't get like an Uzi or whatever under the hunting license.

You're required by law to have an approved gunsafe and a spotless record with the law as well.

Most importantly of course, is that even if you have all the licenses in the world you're not allowed to carry your firearm in public at all unless you're law enforcement or military etc

If you are 18 or over, and not: felon, fugitive, severely mentally ill, non-citizen, convicted of domestic violence, or currently under indictment for a crime punishable by over a year imprisonment, you can just go to a store or dealer and buy a rifle or shotgun any time you feel like it. If 21 or over, the same applies to a handgun. For intrastate private sales between individuals, it's 18 for handguns, and no age restriction for shotguns or rifles. There's a form you have to fill out when purchasing from a store or dealer to record that you purchased a certain gun in case the serial number ever needs to be traced, but the record is kept by the store. The government is legally prevented from keeping its own database of gun owners. Antique firearms (pre 1899), or cartridgeless replicas, have essentially zero restrictions on them. There are variations in state law, but state law is highly restricted by federal law.

As for your last statement, I assume you are aware of America's open carry laws? Basically, as long as you have it openly displayed, in many places you can walk down the street with a semi-auto AK-47 slung over your shoulder.

XK fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 27, 2014

Fog Tripper

by Smythe

lfield posted:

how quickly do you think the owner of bullets and burgers went from being sad about charlie getting killed to being angry about how this will affect publicity

I'm wondering how the owner or the instructor thought it was a good ides in the first place. didn't almost the identical thing happen a year or so ago, but the kid blew his own head off from the full auto?

Buck Turgidson

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

lfield posted:

pfft death tourism sells dawg

$$$ BULLETS AND BRAIN MATTER $$$

Rapman the Cook

by Ralp
loving dumb poo poo Americans, who woulda thunk it?

Maoist Pussy

by Lowtax

Linux Pirate posted:

you're p excited about some kid accidentally killing someone and having to live with that for the rest of their life, huh?

You can't say it isn't thoroughly fitting.

Kleen_TheRacistDog

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Rapman the Cook posted:

loving dumb poo poo Americans, who woulda thunk it?
do you think Americans are actually dumber than the rest of the world, or that our media is simply more pervasive?

in other words, i have no loving clue what stupid poo poo is going on in europe, but europeans seem to always know what we are up to.

lfield
much better international news outside of the US

Rapman the Cook

by Ralp

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

do you think Americans are actually dumber than the rest of the world

Yes.

Zzulu

(▰˘v˘▰)

XK posted:

If you are 18 or over, and not: felon, fugitive, severely mentally ill, non-citizen, convicted of domestic violence, or currently under indictment for a crime punishable by over a year imprisonment, you can just go to a store or dealer and buy a rifle or shotgun any time you feel like it. If 21 or over, the same applies to a handgun. For intrastate private sales between individuals, it's 18 for handguns, and no age restriction for shotguns or rifles. There's a form you have to fill out when purchasing from a store or dealer to record that you purchased a certain gun in case the serial number ever needs to be traced, but the record is kept by the store. The government is legally prevented from keeping its own database of gun owners. Antique firearms (pre 1899) or cartridgeless replicas, have essentially zero restrictions on them. There are variations in state law, but state law is highly restricted by federal law. As for your last statement, I assume you are aware of America's open carry laws? Basically, as long as you have it openly displayed, in many places you can walk down the street with a semi-auto AK-47 slung over your shoulder.

realtalk, this seems way too lax to me
:stare:

This isn't a dig at americans in particular but i personally wouldn't feel too comfortable living in a place where the average idiot can walk into a store and get a gun.

[edit]or carry ak47's in public (or at all)

But maybe i need to be more open to your strange foreign ways

Flesh Forge

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
na man there's a lot of people who think it's way too restrictive

I KNOW RIGHT

Kleen_TheRacistDog

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Zzulu posted:

This isn't a dig at americans in particular but i personally wouldn't feel too comfortable living in a place where the average idiot can walk into a store and get a gun.

you're right. it is way too lax. it's harder for an 18 year old to get booze than to get a gun.

lfield

Zzulu posted:

the occasional accidental death/classroom full of dead kids/altercation escalated to deadly force is worth it when you consider all the positives that guns bring to society

Seizure Meat

by Smythe
redneck stands off government with guns and militia - god just send the tanks in and kill them

black kid gets murdered by cops, cops crush dissent with military tactics - THIS IS BULLSHIT POLICE MILITARIZATION IS A THING THIS IS A DICTATORSHIP

gun control thread - lol what do you need an assault rifle for

XK

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Zzulu posted:

It's all down to the 2nd Amendment, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." There are reasonable restrictions allowed to it, such as the limitation on criminals and the severely mentally ill, and involving full-auto machine guns, and a few other things concerning specific features (barrel length, types of stock, handles, etc), but as long as you are an upstanding citizen you have the right to own whatever type of gun you like and as many as you like.

As for ammo, if the seller has reason to believe you are under 18, he is prohibited from selling you rifle\shotgun ammo, 21 for handguns. Other than that, ammo sales are no questions asked. You could load up a whole cart with whatever you like and be on your way.

CountingCrows
yo Americans, like I don't even care if you wanna own guns and poo poo to protect against your neighbour or the government or whatever, but why is a 9 year old allowed to use an Uzi? Lmao

a real rude dude

mcustic posted:

epic care lord

Fatkraken

Fun-time is over.
so who's well-regulating these militias?

Fatkraken

Fun-time is over.
If a black man was practising open carry and fully complying with all attendant laws, and a white police officer shot him without provocation, whose side would the racist gun lovers come down on? Would they go into a feedback loop and seize up entirely?

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
if a military guy ever acts super chill around firearms, stay the gently caress away from him

Panzeh

"..The high ground"

Zzulu posted:

To be fair, actual automatic weapons are a lot harder to get because they involve a pretty stringent ATF process. You can't just go to a gun shop and get a mac-10 or uzi or full auto AK.

A lot of people go through the trouble to get a mac-10 and realize it's just a money hose and sell them off right after.

Sancho

Fatkraken posted:

Has antyone ever asked this knockout question??? Makes u think

No. 6

Fatkraken posted:

9 year old girls

Bread Dragon

No. 6 posted:

9 year old girls

she inherited all of the gun instructor's powers but maybe she won't be a complete fuckin dipshit

Roki B

Medical Industrial Complex

I went shooting today to honor her memory

Roki B

Medical Industrial Complex

Bread Dragon posted:

she inherited all of the gun instructor's powers but maybe she won't be a complete fuckin dipshit

the quickening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu

(▰˘v˘▰)
i have found the ar15 and chainsaw combo to be the best tool to use against the enemies

• Locked thread