Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

For $8/lb I can get humanely raised pork chops in the Bay Area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Flank was more expensive than filet on the day I wanted to make fajitas. That was a head scratcher.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
gently caress yeah, bought a picnic roast, tore off the skin, made chicharonnes. Seasoned with much garlic salt and vinegar powder. Best snack.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Chemmy posted:

For $8/lb I can get humanely raised pork chops in the Bay Area.

I can get humanely-raised/slaughtered, acorn-finished Berkshire pork belly shipped to Vegas for about that.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Where I am in NJ, pork chops are WAY cheaper than beef tongue. I do currently live in an overly hipster area, though, so take that with a grain of salt.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
solution : don't buy beef tounge, because it sucks :colbert:

naw it's fine, but I've never really liked the stuff. weird ratio of gelatin to fat to gamey flavor in the end product that I just don't approve of. which is weird because I like headcheese...

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Is it this one? https://www.facebook.com/groups/55498983024/

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

mindphlux posted:

naw it's fine, but I've never really liked the stuff. weird ratio of gelatin to fat to gamey flavor in the end product that I just don't approve of. which is weird because I like headcheese...

There is a burrito place near me that uses tongue. It's delicious. I wanted to try to make it myself. I'm OK with settling for just eating it instead.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mindphlux posted:

What's not to like about headcheese? It's basically cold soup, sliced. Made from a head.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I used to date woman who would make her grandmother's tounge for Jewish holidays. It was fantastic, slow braised with big slices of carrots.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Squashy Nipples posted:

I used to date woman who would make her grandmother's tounge for Jewish holidays. It was fantastic, slow braised with big slices of carrots.

Poor Bubby...

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

a worthy uhh posted:

Poor Bubby...

Well it's one way to stop her nagging her granddaughter about dating that no-goodnik.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's magical.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89cMeaiJlPc

Hey guys I think this is what kombucha is supposed to be like right?

:barf:

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Well, to be fair, he does say it looks wrong and he thinks he's done it wrong. But that makes his decision to drink the whole thing even more :wtf:

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Enough talking about it, gonna DO about it. We need to incorporate into an official nonprofit. I am researching formation steps. I know how to run a nonprofit but not how to start one... We need to form a board for paperwork and other first steps. If you are interested,please contact me at pickyeatersboard@yahoo.com

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

I used to date woman who would make her grandmother's tongue for Jewish holidays. It was fantastic, slow braised with big slices of carrots.

You're a monster!

BlueGrot posted:

pickyeatersboard

The last post in that group was a little hamfisted, guys.

Very Strange Things fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 26, 2014

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Standard don't-touch-the-poop no goon invasion boilerplate post here.

The internet is a zoo, not a sandbox. Please don't go running into the giraffe cage.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Very Strange Things posted:

The last post in that group was a little hamfisted, guys.

screenshot/link/copypaste?

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

bartolimu posted:

Standard don't-touch-the-poop no goon invasion boilerplate post here.

The internet is a zoo, not a sandbox. Please don't go running into the giraffe cage.

But I always wanted ride a giraffe into battle. Much like Hannibal and his elephants.

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

Bluegrot copypasted it above; It was from May 8th and a pinned post so I don't think it was any of us.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Yeah that's not us, that's a legit post from the owner of the group.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Respectfully y'all I see enough of this poo poo on the bookface, and while I'm about mocking the mental illnesses and social maladroitness of strangers on the internet,

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

How many of the members in that group are actually goons, though?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

LoonShia posted:

How many of the members in that group are actually goons, though?

Probably about 15, though many of us joined over a year ago, so we can't be trolling them too hard.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

Doh004 posted:

Yeah that's not us, that's a legit post from the owner of the group.

Sorry, I meant

I assumed the writer, and at least one commenter, were goons.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No, as someone with kids who deals with other parents, I fully believe that there are parents out there who would willingly let their 15 year old kid eat no vegetables and only the orange flintstones vitamans. That is completely believable and not a troll.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Very Strange Things posted:

Sorry, I meant

I assumed the writer, and at least one commenter, were goons.

This being a Facebook circlejerk is the only reason no one has responded with "Your son's going to die of a rare combination of avian bone syndrome and scurvy."

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
We're going to find out that every single member of the group was just a normal eater trolling everyone else.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Troll's Paranoia. Wouldn't be the first time.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The fact that no-one has responded with "Your son is 19, let him die" astounds me.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
This is why we continue to observe that train-wreck of a FB group.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Doh004 posted:

This is why we continue to observe that train-wreck of a FB group.

We are like the Richard Attenboroughs of the internet, commentating on the life and behaviours of exotic internetters in the wild.

edit: RIP
fake edit within a real edit: and without the cool accent.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

GrAviTy84 posted:

We are like the Richard Attenboroughs of the internet, commentating on the life and behaviours of exotic internetters in the wild.

edit: RIP
fake edit within a real edit: and without the cool accent.

Davids, not Richards. David Attenborough is the alive naturalist, Richard Attenborough is the dead luvvie.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

welp, rip me

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Grav got owned.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It still fits because Richard Attenborough loved observing animals that were supposed to be extinct.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

It still fits because Richard Attenborough loved observing animals that were supposed to be extinct.

:golfclap: Thanks for the save steve

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Oh hey look at what the FDA is doing to cheese just in time for Christmas!

I have a problem with the apparent implementation of this restriction. Cary Bryant's comment at the end of the article is another point I'm not thrilled about. That said, the source is clearly sympathetic to cheesemakers and cheese consumers and I'd be very interested to hear what food safety professionals have to say about this new guideline.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to run to my local cheesemonger and buy a half wheel of Roquefort. Then I'll cry in the corner because I won't be getting Rush Creek Reserve this year and it's one of my favorite cheeses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

bartolimu posted:

Oh hey look at what the FDA is doing to cheese just in time for Christmas!

I have a problem with the apparent implementation of this restriction. Cary Bryant's comment at the end of the article is another point I'm not thrilled about. That said, the source is clearly sympathetic to cheesemakers and cheese consumers and I'd be very interested to hear what food safety professionals have to say about this new guideline.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to run to my local cheesemonger and buy a half wheel of Roquefort. Then I'll cry in the corner because I won't be getting Rush Creek Reserve this year and it's one of my favorite cheeses.
Bryant's argument is really bunk. He's basically arguing that we ought to permit microbial contamination of cheeses because of a presumed innoculatory effect of doing so. It is not the purpose of food safety inspections to make that evaluation. It is not clear that E. coli is amenable to this sort of approach. If it is, it is not clear if nontoxigenic E. coli would work as an innoculant for toxogenic E. coli, much less anything else. And if this was demonstrated, it isn't clear that cheese, of all loving things, would be a meaningful way of performing such innoculations.

I mean I don't know if this specific action by the FDA is alarmist or not. But that line of argument is bunk. As a general matter I think there's a case to be made that bacteriological contamination of food is very much the kind of thing that we want the FDA (and related regulatory authorities) to monitor if we don't go full net.libertarian and argue that all such regulations should be eliminated.