Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
@yuming
While merk may be a butt, I don't think he is a good lynch today, or tomorrow.

@merk
Do you think you are the most town this game, or just that this is your most townie game in recent time? (or both?) Some people may be confused by your message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Met posted:

It's usually more apparent after day 4. I joked that based on all that, I voted with a Mafia on Day 1 and against someone who turned up town on Day 2. I don't know you people well enough to make assumptions this early in this game and I usually play games fairly anonymously so I don't even get that luxury most of the time I've ever played.

There's not much to get out of Day 2 with a SK lynch. Day 1 is slightly more interesting because there's a scum lynch. There are likely to be scum votes on scum unless they were absolutely stupid enough to vote as a bloc. Scum votes on scum will be generally pretty early or pretty late but not so often in the middle. Names are in the order that the vote was received.

(at this point I realized I had winvirus twice on the Day 1 vote. poo poo.)

Scum votes are likely spread out. I'm betting at least one person on Merk is scum. LM is likely scum just looking at that. I only say that because winvirus is probably an insane cop because who the gently caress would lie about that on Day 2? Probably faulty logic. I don't know him that well, but the thought has met quite the resistance.

Like I said, Day 4 or 5 it will be far easier to pick out scum... but that's just a reality of the game more than looking at fancy color coded votecounts. It's mostly for my benefit but I share them with everyone because I have it available.

It's no poo poo I don't post a lot. I'm asleep in American primetime most days. I throw a vote out there based on a hunch, go to bed, and wake up to a closed thread with several hundred votes with people who came up with a lot better scum hunting, reasoning, and role revealing to base my vote on. I get a tremendous amount of poo poo for not playing when I get maybe a dozen or so posts in this thread during my waking hours that I can reply to within a reasonable amount of time. The rest is just a garbled mess and every post after those several hundred will always look like a bandwagon.

People figured it out last game. Later game works for me. Fewer people, more data to work with, more say even with an awkward schedule.
I think this guy is a town.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

yuming posted:

Also, I noticed this looking at Met's list-- the flavor N1 and N2 of the unclaimed kills don't match.

Rascyc was likely killed by scum and TT by Rarity.

Oh I meant to mention that in my little mind dump there. I think it makes sense with 3 night kill sources. Mafia, SK, and Contract Killer. Evidently, there are three claimed contractors. Each submit a name to kill. Contract Killer can pick one of those to kill.

"Throat slit" is probably SK. I'm thinking "stabbed" is either Scum or Contract. The other one was roleblocked/protected on N1.

tearshed posted:

@Met
Where are you in the world? Don't worry about the posting/timezone thing. I'm in Australia and I make it work.
All anyone asks of you is that you read the thread and dump your thoughts. It's appreciated.

It's 8:10am right now.

Honestly, after hundreds of pages every time I wake up, I just don't care to reiterate everyone else's thoughts since I don't have much else to go on. I really don't care for the first couple days of Mafia unless I actually get a half decent role.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

tearshed posted:

@merk
Do you think you are the most town this game, or just that this is your most townie game in recent time? (or both?) Some people may be confused by your message.

Probably both. I'm clearly putting forth effort to find scum, my scum hunting looks (and is) genuine, and I found and lynched scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

dorkanoid posted:

Regardless, I still have yuming highest on my list of scummy players - though that claim was strange.

dorkanoid posted:

Pending further information - not night kill speculation - I'm going to ##vote yuming

so I'm would not be
This guy could be scum. Ever since he's replaced in he's just picked a foothold of already-being discussed content and went from there.

I think the (lack of original thoughts) in dork's posting is scummy.

Would vote.

Not however, that I am leaving my vote on winvirus, because I want to lynch him the most.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Met posted:

Oh I meant to mention that in my little mind dump there. I think it makes sense with 3 night kill sources. Mafia, SK, and Contract Killer. Evidently, there are three claimed contractors. Each submit a name to kill. Contract Killer can pick one of those to kill.

"Throat slit" is probably SK. I'm thinking "stabbed" is either Scum or Contract. The other one was roleblocked/protected on N1.
Mac claimed his kills-- they were the STAB flavor.

I'd say most likely is scum kill was blocked N1 and SK gone N2 because of RIP Rarity.

I'm going to make dinner now I'm likely gone for the foreseeable future. (Tomorrow evening is open house which is a long day for me.) I do like what I found in dork though and may take the time to expand on that idea.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
To be clear, the people who think I might be scum simply do not like how I'm playing this game. They are reading my posts and thinking "I wouldn't play like that as Town" which isn't the right test.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

merk posted:

To be clear, the people who think I might be scum simply do not like how I'm playing this game. They are reading my posts and thinking "I wouldn't play like that as Town" which isn't the right test.

Happened the same in the X-Men game. You were scum then.

Not calling you out as scum. You're always annoying so I can hardly count that as a scum tell.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Met posted:

Happened the same in the X-Men game. You were scum then.

Not calling you out as scum. You're always annoying so I can hardly count that as a scum tell.

We've played together in ONE GAME.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

tearshed posted:

Have any of the assassin name submitters admitted that they will flip "name submitter + role" or just "name submitter"? Besides Winviris.

whoa i didn't say this i will probably just flip "town aligned cop"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

winvirus you are a scoundrel.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

i'm rereading merk's interaction with little mac re: the alignment bit and I have a gut feeling it was "merk skipped all the flavor stuff and scrolled to the bottom of his role pm" which is why he was like "prendota aligned?? i'm town aligned"

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

CCKeane posted:

winvirus you are a scoundrel.

this is false.

hey you know who would be cool to lynch today?

##vote chaoslord

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
15 alive...game feels almost solvable despite only being day 3. Here's where I'm at.

Town;
tearshed
wins32
Met
Little Mac

Probably town;
yuming
kilran
Juanito

Can't really say for sure, but leaning town at the moment;
JakeP
merk
winvirus

Probably badguys;
Opopanax
Somberbrero

These guys are in this game?
chaoslord
CCKeane
dorkanoid

I know cckeane was a big D1/D2 poster but I was traveling earlier and trying to list all the players in this game off the top of my head and cckeane, dorkanoid and chaoslord were all the players I couldn't list. Says something about their presence this game I guess.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

winvirus posted:

whoa i didn't say this i will probably just flip "town aligned cop"
My bad, I couldn't check post history on phone and I thought you said you would flip both.

You claimed scum on Cpig but he flipped town. Thinking Framer or Insane?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tearshed posted:

You claimed scum on Cpig but he flipped town. Thinking Framer or Insane?

winvirus posted:

Well gently caress, I was about to bust in here all confident until I saw the flips.

Okay, time for me to claim. I'm also a cop, but because of meinberg's flip, my sanity is unreliable, obviously, unless we have two sane cops for some reason?? I got a scum result on capitalistpig.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
AND SPEAKING OF CPIG. He flipped VT. Somber said he couldn't explain why his vig didn't work.

Theories on Somber ability:
-Cpig had a bulletproof given to him during the night. My gut says that cpig would've claimed this after he got shot, very likely. Also, no inventor (or similar) has flipped, so the role that gave cpig the bulletproof can still claim right now. Unlikely theory.
-False vig. Likely? Depends on how strongly Somber feels his vig should've worked.
-Vig only works on certain targets. I get the feeling that "duel" flavour means that somber is looking for a certain flavour character.
-De-empower role targeted Somber N1 and made his vig fail. Unlikely.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

tearshed posted:

AND SPEAKING OF CPIG. He flipped VT. Somber said he couldn't explain why his vig didn't work.

Theories on Somber ability:
-Cpig had a bulletproof given to him during the night. My gut says that cpig would've claimed this after he got shot, very likely. Also, no inventor (or similar) has flipped, so the role that gave cpig the bulletproof can still claim right now. Unlikely theory.
-False vig. Likely? Depends on how strongly Somber feels his vig should've worked.
-Vig only works on certain targets. I get the feeling that "duel" flavour means that somber is looking for a certain flavour character.
-De-empower role targeted Somber N1 and made his vig fail. Unlikely.

CPig was a peasant.

Peasants don't duel.

Tada.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also I am outrageously good looking how could you forget about me.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Could be the duel can be declined?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The duel would only work on scum. It was one-shot. I probably did not use it super well in retrospect, but I was worried I would get lynched.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

The duel would only work on scum. It was one-shot. I probably did not use it super well in retrospect, but I was worried I would get lynched.

drat man.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

Whhhaaattt? You barely pushed winny after that and hemmed and hawed about pig. What possible reason would you have to not just go "Ok well pig's town" immediately after that?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Whhhaaattt? You barely pushed winny after that and hemmed and hawed about pig. What possible reason would you have to not just go "Ok well pig's town" immediately after that?

I didn't even consider this angle, holy poo poo.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

I didn't want pig to die :\ He wasn't in danger of getting lynched after that point so it made more sense to keep my mouth shut.

And hey, I pushed hard on winvirus!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

winvirus posted:

i'm rereading merk's interaction with little mac re: the alignment bit and I have a gut feeling it was "merk skipped all the flavor stuff and scrolled to the bottom of his role pm" which is why he was like "prendota aligned?? i'm town aligned"

You know me well. However, he did quote 'prendota aligned' which is not in the town role PM at all.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

WHAT

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##UNVOTE; ##VOTE SOMBERBRERO

I LITERALLY WILL VOTE NO ONE ELSE AFTER THAT CLAIM

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

it made more sense to keep my mouth shut.

Why? Just claim one shot, you had nothing to lose. Instead you let this big distraction float around and let winvirus off the hook.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I know okay.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
After it happened, you didn't post: "HEY GUYS CPIG IS DEFINITELY NOT SCUM" because you're lying scum.

YOU ARE

LYING

SCUM

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is more obvious of a fakeclaim than Rarity's claim was obvious as a fakeclaim for SK.

HOLY poo poo

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
DUEL YOURSELF PLEASE

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

Why? Just claim one shot, you had nothing to lose. Instead you let this big distraction float around and let winvirus off the hook.

If I say pig is confirmed town then he's a nightkill target. Better to wait.

I never let winvirus off the hook! I was pushing him up until like an hour before deadline when everyone was voting rarity.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah ##unvote;
##vote somber

Try to duel. If it fails and you're modkilled we'll know you were telling the truth, if it works we'll kill you anyways.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't know merk, are you sure?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

If I say pig is confirmed town then he's a nightkill target. Better to wait.

I never let winvirus off the hook! I was pushing him up until like an hour before deadline when everyone was voting rarity.

ahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaa
ahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaa

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Wat. Already had you pegged as scum.

##vote: Somberbrero

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
"I know that CPig is confirmed Town, but I'm just gonna hold onto it until I get some pressure requiring me to claim. Later guys. Good luck."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

CPig was a peasant.

Peasants don't duel.

Tada.

This is cool by the way. This is what the role should've been.

• Locked thread