Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea, I know it's not really a shocking reveal but Justin and his wife are real funny together and I like this way better than their TV episode because it's the perfect blend of actual education from her and Justin just kinda being a cartoon character so it isn't dry.

I like Sawbones more than the TV podcast too but drat those episodes about that Tyra Banks book were amaaaazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea, I know it's not really a shocking reveal but Justin and his wife are real funny together and I like this way better than their TV episode because it's the perfect blend of actual education from her and Justin just kinda being a cartoon character so it isn't dry.

Sydnee explaining Modelland to Justin will never be topped by anything anyone does.

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004

toanoradian posted:

Also the first time I listened to Dad McElroy. He sounds funny.

Funniest man in Huntington!

But seriously, when he killed the goblin then tried to get up and dance without taking his headset off I lost it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Holy_Zarquon posted:

Funniest man in Huntington!

But seriously, when he killed the goblin then tried to get up and dance without taking his headset off I lost it.

I'm doing my murder dance!

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm doing my murder dance!

I need more Clint McElroy in my life...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Holy_Zarquon posted:

I need more Clint McElroy in my life...

Become a MaxFun donor, not only do you support really funny people, you get access to a bunch of exclusive podcasts including not one but two Papa McElroy MBMBAM specials.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Become a MaxFun donor, not only do you support really funny people, you get access to a bunch of exclusive podcasts including not one but two Papa McElroy MBMBAM specials.

Are those as good as they sound like?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Drunkboxer posted:

The first episode with Clint is my favorite episode of the show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer posted:

It's pretty great, in one he explains how he seduced their mother (or something like that).

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's pretty great, in one he explains how he seduced their mother (or something like that).

Justin has Griffin ask a question about good music to play during sex because it included an artist who Clint definitely would not have heard of. It backfires when Travis and Clint conspire to answer the question in exact detail. It's the most upset I've ever heard Justin.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Is there any reason that the brothers never mention their mother? I feel like I missed something at some point, though I admit I haven't heard a lot of the early episodes.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
They've mentioned a couple of times in passing that she died a while ago.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I honestly didn't expect to hear sad things coming from this thread :(

I was thinking of becoming a MaxFun donor for the additional episodes. How are the episodes arranged from the website? I don't think I'll be able to download them from iTunes, but will I be able to put those bonus episodes in the same podcast folder in my iPod? This may sound utterly banal to you guys, but I can't stand having an episode of a podcast outside the podcast folder in my iPod.

Also also, from the latest live episode of the show, Travis read a 'joke' letter saying that the merch can't arrive due to reason. Griffin and Justin apparently find it very unfunny. I think I listened the same sort of joke where Travis replaced words with other words in a normal episode before. Where does this 'trend' start and what is it about, really? It makes no sense to me.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I don't remember when they started exactly, but they're called Sad Libs, and Justin and Griffin hate them because they're awful and bad, which is why Travis won't stop doing them.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
You've never done a madlibs?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Nope.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Episode 125 has the best of them when, when mentioning that the Mad Lib inventor died, Justin instantly responds with "NOOOOPE, I WILL QUIT THE SHOW" because he sees what's coming.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Well, Griffin hates them. I think Justin secretly loves them.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

In his mind, Travis is probably justly punishing Griffin for his old segment.

"Hey guys, what day is it?"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Roach Warehouse posted:

In his mind, Travis is probably justly punishing Griffin for his old segment.

"Hey guys, what day is it?"

One day they'll bring it back, and do a sad libs, and Justin will just fuckin hang himself on air.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Episode 125 has the best of them when, when mentioning that the Mad Lib inventor died, Justin instantly responds with "NOOOOPE, I WILL QUIT THE SHOW" because he sees what's coming.

I listened to that episode and it was Griffin who said, "I'll loving quit the show, I know what this is." Justin was giggling all the way.

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004

The Duke posted:

Is there any reason that the brothers never mention their mother? I feel like I missed something at some point, though I admit I haven't heard a lot of the early episodes.

I had been wondering myself, and in looking up info on their Dad I came across this article that tells their story really nicely.

http://www.huntingtonquarterly.com/articles/issue73/mcelroy.php

Clint is seriously just the best.

(Also there's a picture at the bottom of the brothers really young, it's kinda awesome)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Clint looks exactly like old Justin

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Clint looks exactly like old Justin

I was just gonna say that he's old Justin with Travis's beard.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
I'M GONNA CUM IN YOU HULK HOGAN!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
So I'm just going to assume that everyone loved Glass Shark as much as I did.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well I'm just a weredad, because Justin transferred his foul darkness into me via fluid transmission.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Yeah, Glass Shark was phenomenal. Also Griffin's laughter at Justin's first proposed response to "yeah, the winning Powerball numbers" was so alarmingly intense that I still can't decide if he was faking it to play along with the goof or he actually thought that was that funny.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
Glass Shark had me in tears.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
"That guy wasn't black he was Cajun, just to be clear."

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Holy poo poo glass shark...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Holy poo poo glass shark...

GLASS SHARK GON GETCHU FAT KID!

Also as a non-black Cajun I appreciate Justin clarifying that we all fuckin talk like crazy horror movie characters, not just our minority community.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A buddy of mine recommended this show to me a while back because he thought "Journey to the Center of the Bear" was the funniest thing ever, so I started listening there and now I'm loving hooked. I think the LA live show is my favorite episode so far. Am I crazy enough to listen to them all from the start??

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

kidcoelacanth posted:

A buddy of mine recommended this show to me a while back because he thought "Journey to the Center of the Bear" was the funniest thing ever, so I started listening there and now I'm loving hooked. I think the LA live show is my favorite episode so far. Am I crazy enough to listen to them all from the start??

It's pretty much all quality. Go for it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I legit tried to think of a list of episodes to skip and I couldn't think of one. There's one where Griffin just kinda has a little 'don't be ashamed of being a nerd' rant and it's kinda a nice rant but it's not really FUNNY for like, ten minutes, but even beyond that it's a funny episode.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

I listened to them all from the start and then immediately started over again. This show rules

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Relistening to some older episodes this past week, and still one of the funniest things ever is the episode where they go on a hilarious riff about squires. "(trumpet sound) BRIAN IS HERE!" I cackle like a mad man every time.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"Hey Jeffrey" still kills me and that was like episode 12 or something I think. Really the only thing that's gotten significantly better over the years has been the mic quality, the chemistry was (for obvious reasons) always there.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
"Hey Jeffrey" was on episode four. These guys are hilarious from episode 1 and I'm surprised by that. These brothers are just amazing. Also the thing I'm surprised at: "Kiss your dad square in the lips" is from very early in the show's run, like in the first 20. Also also, I thought Wiki Answers would be a treasure trove since they seem less coherent and thus have better potential. Also also also, MBaMbaM listening parties. What parties consists of listening to a podcast?

awesome ones?

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
Every time I get together with a few of my closest friends (4-6 people total) we tend to put on that week's episode at some point and give it a listen. Then someone starts talking and I secretly start seething inside.

Also god dammit I can't stop thinking about Glass Shark.

• Locked thread