Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bakanogami posted:

Reiroukan Kenzainariya

Man I hope to be at least half as cool as this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Bakanogami posted:

Killing Bites

A nature manga about honey badgers.
Oh hey it's by the Arachnid guy. He must really like weird animal facts. All his series are so educational. :buddy:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Aug 4, 2014

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

ZeroCount posted:

so why is Cars from jojos pasted over that girls face?

She's a PERFECT BEING, of course.

Shiinake no Hitobito

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Hirameki Hatsume-chan might be my favorite manga. It's a 4koma about a stay-at-home father trying to make money by inventing things while his wife is the bread-winner of the family.

And his daughter accidentally invented a magic box.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I love that the box is called... Box. There's probably a kanji pun in there somewhere.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Tokyo Ghoul

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Tokyo Ghoul was sorta okay for a bit but the art and storyline have gotten about as incomprehensible as Trigun.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Tokyo Ghoul was sorta okay for a bit but the art and storyline have gotten about as incomprehensible as Trigun.

I agree. I think I read up to chapter 50 and then it started having a ton of characters who talked way too much about in-universe mechanics to advance(?) plot and... Well, stuff happens, but it's kind of a stretch to say anything is actually achieved.

honkykong
Sep 20, 2005

dordreff posted:

Dead Dead Demons de Dedede Destruction
A serious, dramatic look at life in the near future.

Also,

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
p.s.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Just go read the goddamn manga right now, you won't regret it.

goon.png

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Kakukaku Shikajika is an autobiographical manga by the author of Princess Jellyfish. It's a wistful story about growth and regret and how much of a goddamned idiot we all were back when we thought we knew everything.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Just go read the goddamn manga right now, you won't regret it.

goon.png

Young Gabe Newell? No can't be, he was in is room for THREE days.

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008
Jyoshikausei

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Sindai posted:

Oh hey it's by the Arachnid guy. He must really like weird animal facts.
I am 100% convinced that is actually where his interest lies, and the fighting/cheesecake is there so he can make a living drawing it. Everything he does is utterly cookie-cutter in every respect, except for his Mark Trail interludes. Are we allowed to post amazing panels from series that come with giant neon caveats?

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

Kakukaku Shikajika is an autobiographical manga by the author of Princess Jellyfish. It's a wistful story about growth and regret and how much of a goddamned idiot we all were back when we thought we knew everything.

I have zero interest in art but this is a great read, sensei is the best.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Tornhelm posted:

This is a one-shot called Rec.

I only posted the first page, because anything else would spoil the manga.

Jesus christ this

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

Nipponophile posted:

I'm not very interested in art, but the application process and the art teacher were very relatable. It truly is a story about regrets you develop as you grow up.

I couldn't help but tear up when you read about how dedicated to his students that teacher is.

EDIT: I just reached chapter 20. It's so tiresome how she wouldn't tell him that she wanted to draw manga!

Pigasus fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 12, 2014

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Nipponophile posted:

This is some well-written stuff. I failed out of art college, and I've been in her shoes. The series has a bitter honesty to it, but keeps a light tone, without falling into simple despair.

Reading this manga was honestly kinda painful, but not in a bad way.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Squidster posted:

This is some well-written stuff. I failed out of art college, and I've been in her shoes. The series has a bitter honesty to it, but keeps a light tone, without falling into simple despair.

Reading this manga was honestly kinda painful, but not in a bad way.

I just read through it as well, and it hit pretty hard in the sense that I feel like I wasted my art school years as well. Kind of hoping it'll motivate me to push a lil' harder as an artist :shobon:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah Kakukaku Shikajika is amazing. Sensei owns. Sensei's cat also owns.

Stay caught up by reading the Misc. Shoujo & Romance (and Josei) thread!

Also, if anyone didn't already know, her younger brother is the author of Tonari no Seki-kun.

edit:
this panel keeps cracking me up

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 13, 2014

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

kidcoelacanth posted:

I just read through it as well, and it hit pretty hard in the sense that I feel like I wasted my art school years as well. Kind of hoping it'll motivate me to push a lil' harder as an artist :shobon:
I'm still in the equivalent of her telecom job, but I just launched my first project as a writer, if not as an artist - so hopefully I too will one day be able to lament my wasted youth in paperback form someday.

a kitten posted:

Also, if anyone didn't already know, her younger brother is the author of Tonari no Seki-kun.
That's downright unfair that just one family is hogging all that talent.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Squidster posted:

That's downright unfair that just one family is hogging all that talent.

Well, there's Masashi Kishimoto of Naruto fame and his younger brother Seishi, author of Buster Keel. :v:

But yes, Kuukaku Shikajika is basically like a hilarious, realistic, sarcastic Bakuman. It's great stuff, I read through it all in one go.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
For anyone who wasn't aware, a couple guys from /a/ are finishing off Nichijou and we're already well into manga-only content, including Mai having a run-in with Mio's annoying as hell sister:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Nichijou is still ongoing, isn't it? I'm really enjoying the newer stuff.

ktimekiller
Jan 9, 2012
Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008

ktimekiller posted:

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

Both of these are good manga.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Popehoist posted:

For anyone who wasn't aware, a couple guys from /a/ are finishing off Nichijou and we're already well into manga-only content, including Mai having a run-in with Mio's annoying as hell sister:

Uh is there an easy way to find these comics without wading through /a/? I still can't find the nozaki kun omakes that were supposedly translated there.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Popehoist posted:

Speaking as an older sib, Mai is way more annoying than Yoshino. Yoshino is just contractually obligated to torment Mio, like all older sibs. :colbert:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

Uh is there an easy way to find these comics without wading through /a/? I still can't find the nozaki kun omakes that were supposedly translated there.

They're being put up on Batoto

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Kakukaku Shikajika is very motivational.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Another Poster posted:

Both of these are good manga.

That said, the romantic subplot of Mahou Tsukai is a little weird, since it's between what appears to be a twelve-year-old and an eight-foot-tall skull minotaur.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

That said, the romantic subplot of Mahou Tsukai is a little weird, since it's between what appears to be a twelve-year-old and an eight-foot-tall skull minotaur.

How do you mean? :v:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Shoukoku no Altair

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Satou-kun no Juunan Seikatsu, a comedy series where a young man begins going to a new school in the demon world, where he meets such amazing characters as Frederick, a descendent of the Shinigami Clan.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Mob Psycho 100

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Soil
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/Qt5hGSq.png:nws:
I don't think the NWS is required but whatever.

Aw man this series isn't complete and hasn't been translated in over a year.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 22, 2014

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Domino Kick: A butler has to constantly intervene as the young girl he works for has almost no sense of restraint, and constantly has the urge to do things unbecoming of her image, especially in public (such as flipping over a table while dining in an expensive restaurant).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Look alive bozos, there was a new Yotsuba&! chapter!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014
Oyaji, a manga about the manliest of all men who ever lived.

• Locked thread