Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
I stopped drinking heavily after college but last night I drank a fuckton. I have never felt worse than I do right now.

So GBS, do you still get hangovers? Do you still drink? What age did your hangover go from inconveniencing to debilitating?

and yes, I'm a gay bitch boy who can't handle my drinks ect. ect. ect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
drink 3 glasses of water, imagine they're 3 beers and you're just going to wreck them

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I never get hangovers no matter how much I drink because I'm not a retard and drink tons of water before passing out. Hangovers are primarily due to dehydration so drink plenty of water before you go to sleep fags

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
chug a gallon of pedialyte, and take some alkeselters.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i drink to relieve hangovers

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
23 is when I started really feeling them, so now I drink a few glasses of water in between the beers and what not. It helps alot.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

klapman posted:

drink 3 glasses of water, imagine they're 3 beers and you're just going to wreck them

I've already drank a ton of water and I ate a banana.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
right before bed take alkaseltzer in water, then some pedialyte/gatorade.

Once you wake up take a dramamine, headache pill, more pedialyte/gatorade, a balanced breakfast, and stop being a bitch

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

MegaGatts posted:

I've already drank a ton of water and I ate a banana.

eat an entire pizza. if you've already got the fucker of a hangover, you might as well complete the scene

illestG
Oct 8, 2009

MegaGatts posted:

ect. ect. ect.

cringe

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Yeah, eat something greasy or Mexican food.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I drink a poo poo ton of water and get a solid lick of seasoning salt from my hand and no hangover. it works pretty well. Applewood bacon grill seasoning is my favorite

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
also eat a balanced meal before drinking, and a mild snack while drinking also helps

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

HonorableTB posted:

I never get hangovers no matter how much I drink because I'm not a retard and drink tons of water before passing out. Hangovers are primarily due to dehydration so drink plenty of water before you go to sleep fags

lol look at this stick up the arse human being

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
its kind of hard to remember oto do all this poo poo you morans are talking about if youre actually seriously drunk though

best is to wake up, down some water and another 2 beers to take away the pain, eat something greasy, take a long hot or cold shower, gatorade and wait. but if youre over 28 or there abouts your better off just not drinking that much anymore cause life is a bitch

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

This has convinced me drinking is a young mans game. I'm going to stick to weed.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Drunk & Ugly posted:

but if youre over 28 or there abouts your better off just not drinking that much anymore cause life is a bitch

:smith::hf::smith:

anyways worst hangover was I was was drinking heavily and ended up puking overnight and puking/dry heaving all the way up until 5PM. that sucked but I was like 19 and dumb.....

....now i get a hangover before I get buzzed and get a headache as soon as I have a few drinks :(

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
forever ago i drank a 5th of whiskey in under 2 hours went to sleep woke up drunk and went to work.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

MegaGatts posted:

This has convinced me drinking is a young mans game. I'm going to stick to weed.

This is sage advice.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i don't drink much cus i dont like it as much as weed or whatever but i've found a bunch of gatorade before bed and drinking beer instead of liquor helps. i can't do the whole giant greasy breakfast thing, that makes me feel like i'mma puke irrespective of my hangover status

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MegaGatts posted:

But weed is also a young mans game, time to move onto opiate painkillers

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
i think one of my worst was having to go to san diego zoo with family i was visiting including my grandmother while secretly vomiting in any restrooms i passed

honestly the best way is to just drink a bit more to calm yourself down until an early sleep, but not get wasted again. either that or take other drugs i guess:

Xaris posted:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MegaGatts posted:

i nly drink 2-3 times a month after making this decision and it was a great one

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
If you don't wake up with bound hands and feet in an open grave in the middle of a Mexican desert, you're not drinking properly.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
my worst hangover ever was in college and I woke up early, put on the TV and saw groundhog's day was on. I nodded off for a little bit and woke up to a previous part of the movie. Naturally I was confused as hell. Then I rewatched some of it and fell asleep for a little bit again to wake up to the opening scene of the movie. Turns out comedy central was playing groundhog's day all morning because it was Feb 2nd.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

Xaris posted:

I don't like pain killers. They make me itchy and groggy.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
http://pedialyte.com/products/freezerpops

Eat 2 of those and a greasy breakfast that includes chicken fried steak.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MegaGatts posted:

I don't like pain killers. They make me itchy and groggy.

uh thats the point? they should wake you up some though, there's no energy like oxy energy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Musket posted:

http://pedialyte.com/products/freezerpops

Eat 2 of those and a greasy breakfast that includes chicken fried steak.

:eyepop: i've never seen these omg gotta get some

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

:eyepop: i've never seen these omg gotta get some

They actually work really well. Better than gatoraid and water, but dont skip the water.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

everytone i've ever known that kept pedialyte and ensure around and poo poo has either been a sickly, waiflike girl or an adderall addict who lost the desire to deal with solid food

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Fandyien posted:

everytone i've ever known that kept pedialyte and ensure around and poo poo has either been a sickly, waiflike girl or an adderall addict who lost the desire to deal with solid food

Do you drink a lot? I do. Sometimes you gotta get extra help. Maybe its time for me to go to a few AA meetings.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 685 days!)

if a night of drinking for you includes a complicated laundry list of sundries and rituals before you pass out then you drink like a pussy and imma put you in a headlock

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

alcohol sucks and heres why

1. it makes you dizzy eventually
2. it doesn't taste good
3. it makes oyu bad at videogames

weed solves all of these problems

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

if a night of drinking for you includes a complicated laundry list of sundries and rituals before you pass out then you drink like a pussy and imma put you in a headlock

quote:

2. it doesn't taste good

all three of these are horseshit that would only come out of the mouth of a nerd

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 685 days!)

i'm a god tier drunk tekken champion

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Fandyien posted:

2. it doesn't taste good

1. Not really unless your one of those people that hits the ground running and is pissed in an hour
2. Try other forms of spirits or beer. Fernet and Ginger is a good place to start. Or craft cocktails.
3. Who cares, video games are over.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Whorelord posted:

all three of these are horseshit that would only come out of the mouth of a nerd

maybe but it's objective fact that alcohol is below benzos, amphetamines, painkillers, and reefers on the drug spectrum

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Musket posted:

1. Not really unless your one of those people that hits the ground running and is pissed in an hour
2. Try other forms of spirits or beer. Fernet and Ginger is a good place to start. Or craft cocktails.
3. Who cares, video games are over.

yeah cheap whiskey and ginger ale definitely owns. same w/whiskey sours. love that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

if there is ever a chair where if you sit in it a sombrero is put on your head and you chug tequila...dont do it. on the other hand dads wedding reception was awesome

• Locked thread