Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Bongo Bill posted:

Coming back to this, I'm sure people will wish to refer to this page.

indeed. the horrifying part is where it becomes obvious that, moving forward, the robots who have previously limited themselves to hitting on the female students/staff by sending them awkward poetry are now also going to attempt to Pinnochio their way to success. Why would it stop at a boat? The robots are everywhere, run the place and are the place, and apparently vastly outnumber the humans of the Court.

becoming flesh, even at risk of death -

I'm decently sure GKC is not going to go the route of scifi paperclipped-AI horror, but there's certainly the theme of Renard to be played on, as pointed out

ronya fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

And the fleship bot would be another small unit networked with the rest.

Unless Kat has recently been playing through System Shock II, of course.

Be honest, it's Kat we're talking about. Of course she has.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The Robot-as-cult-leader plot line is honestly one of my favorites. The fact that we like Robot (or at least I do--he's easily one of my favorite secondary characters) gives the creation of the cult much more weight and tension than it would otherwise have.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, this got markedly less amusing very quickly.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Oh, this just got really bad, really quickly.

Hold on to your hats.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Time to fire up the ol' elemental powers.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Oh right, altering reality. It's so obvious, why didn't I think of it?

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Next stop: Fun City.

nononsense
Feb 28, 2013
Oh dear. :ohdear: It looks like some robots are fine with putting humans in danger for their own transcendence to a species.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I hope this predicament can be resolved by breakdancing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Well.

poo poo.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh gently caress.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Gamma said something so you know poo poo's bad.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

drat, and it doesn't look like the terminal robots have handy off-buttons on their heads either. :ohdear:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Oh and Jack's around there somewhere too. This is going to turn out real good.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Next panel preview:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

This can't be good. :ohdear:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Oh gosh this will not end well.
Gamma looks so upset :ohdear:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

well this took a sharp turn back to creepy and ominous after that brief stop-off at funny and sad :catstare:

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 29, 2014

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Welp, all aboard the Good Ship Lovecraft.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nononsense posted:

Oh dear. :ohdear: It looks like some robots are fine with putting humans in danger for their own transcendence to a species.

what? don't be silly, etheric generators aren't people

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Tollymain posted:

what? don't be silly, etheric generators aren't people

Zimmy ain't exactly the only one liable to get caught in the crossfire.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
scifi AI horror, here we come

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Gunnerkrigg and System Shock were not two franchises I was expecting a crossover from.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
"Don't give me that magic bullshit"

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
L-look at you, schoolgirl: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and smouldering as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal- :supaburn: ARGH!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I guess the poo poo is in flight on a trajectory intersecting with the fan...

Is Smitty on board?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Shouldn't be. He's in a different year.

If Annie thought fast and used her blinker stone to signal Parley, she could get them there fast. Plenty of reasons that plan wouldn't work though. Chief among them is that we probably have, like, two pages before we're in Zimmy's Magical Playland.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Fangz posted:

Is Smitty on board?

i thought it said back at the beginning of the chapter that the cruise was being set up for the students going into whichever year they're going into, and i think smitty is in a different year.

really, all annie needs to do is find the big red button on the ship and press it and this will all be over

so yeah, making zimmy angry, increasing what for her is already a stressful situation, and moving her away from gamma, poo poo is about to hit the fan hard

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Wyld Karde posted:

L-look at you, schoolgirl: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and smouldering as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal- :supaburn: ARGH!

Yes. Good. :golfclap:

I agree, the ship and its hive mind bots aren't much threat. Annie can probably blink around and find the off button, or if it comes to it just covert the bots to a heap of non-threatening molten slag. But now trying to drag Zimmy into it can't bode well at all. These dumb robots have no idea what they're playing at. I wonder if actual Robot is going to show up to save the day. Either that or he's going to come out in a cultist robe and lead them all in some ominous latin chanting.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

do you wanna get doooooowwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn?

: I told you, no!

Ethering up your scoooooooowwwwwwww!

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
<Robot> Did you really think you could destroy this ship? She's defied space and time. She's been to a place you couldn't possibly imagine. And now... it is time to go back.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Things are going to get worse before they get better it seems.

Cabbit posted:

Oh and Jack's around there somewhere too. This is going to turn out real good.

He'll probably save the day somehow, maybe even inadvertently while trying to hatch a scheme of his own, but it ruins the robots' plans and maybe his own.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
I found this picture of a bismuth geode on reddit, and was struck by how much it looks like an egg, or a...seed:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I don't understand this comic. It's so sloooow, like, nothing happens. Ever. :sigh:

Also, Tom drew some dogs or something:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Things are getting pretty suspicious. Are there even any adults there? The ball-head robots are just part of the ship network but the Seraph robots keep saying "we" so they're helping for some reason. This is all very strange, yes, hmm. *lights up pipe*

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
it seems like, for the most part, adults are content to let their kids run around doing whatever, since there are usually robots around to help out as needed. or at least the staff at the school is, and since it's a boarding school you're not gonna see parents there anyway.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

mr. stefan posted:

do you wanna get doooooowwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn?

: I told you, no!

Ethering up your scoooooooowwwwwwww!

Flesh robot, flesh robot.

Eglamore (that's the big guy) if you're hiding in a secret cabin somewhere in case poo poo goes down, now's the time.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

pksage posted:

I found this picture of a bismuth geode on reddit, and was struck by how much it looks like an egg, or a...seed:

Dang that's beautiful. I'd seen bismuth crystals before but didn't know they formed geodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Chard posted:

Dang that's beautiful. I'd seen bismuth crystals before but didn't know they formed geodes.

It's lab-made or home-made; bismuth crystals in the wild are pretty dull comparatively.