Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Did someone spill chocolate milk on their copy this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

hagie posted:

Jump's tightening restrictions on their copy releases. Probably not going to have Wednesday updates anymore.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

hagie posted:

That would be Cero Cocoascurus

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oxxidation posted:

Jump's tightening restrictions on their copy releases. Probably not going to have Wednesday updates anymore.

How? Don't they have to send out copies a week ahead of time to make sure they get to the more remote parts of Japan?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Kubo you already did this fight 300 chapters ago

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The gently caress, Kubo, I was watching that!

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
"Rub-Dolls" :awesome:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't know whether to be disappointed or relieved that three Sternritter were offed off-screen. On one hand, they -might- have had interesting powers. On the other, there's already plenty of them. On the last magical third hand, Sternritter power-fights even at their worst would probably be more interesting than sword ghost push fights, Mayuri of course excepted.

Edit: Spoiled just in case since it's new.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Aaaand I'm lost...

What a lovely power.

And what's with the off screen defeats?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Pretty sure this was a case of the editors telling Kubo to get on with it already.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Eh, still better than this week's Naruto (in my opinion, at least).

A shame we don't get any more info on Cool Old Man Quincy, though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I don't know whether to be disappointed or relieved that three Sternritter were offed off-screen. On one hand, they -might- have had interesting powers. On the other, there's already plenty of them. On the last magical third hand, Sternritter power-fights even at their worst would probably be more interesting than sword ghost push fights, Mayuri of course excepted.
Four, almost arguably five since he's probably going to skip back to a cleansed/hollowified Hitsu standing over Giselle instead of showing that I bet.

Really weak rear end chapter. It also feels like a lot of stuff doesn't really flow or make sense. Wasn't Giselle engaged in combat immediately when she reached where Kenpachi was?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Of course a fat black dude would be Sternritter L "The Love".

Smooth, Kubo. Real smooth.

... though I guess it's better THAT than Sternritter N.

Also you people are crazy if you think those 3 offed Sternritters are going to stay dead. Jizzelle will find a way to escape Mayuri's funtime just long enough to bring them all back to life. Just you wait.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Hurrah, Kensei and Rose weren't done jobbing yet. Now they have to show they can be weaker than the downgraded numeros. Jobbing from the afterafterlife.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Isn't this the second black guy with love-based magic control who fights Byakuya that we've seen? Kinda derivative.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Of course Byakuya would be the one to fight this dude. Even if he loves this guy, he'll still manage to kill him, because of duty or some poo poo. whoopee im on the edge of my seat because nothing like this has happened 4 times in the past or anything

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The only thing Byakuya loves is stabbing dudes

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Are the offscreen killed people anyone we've actually seen before, I can't remember anything about this series

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Quincy or Shingami?

the Shingami zombies are Kensei, Rose and Rangiku. Kensei and Rose were "willed" or "imagined" to be dead by the guy Zaraki beat 20 chapters ago. Rangiku was defeated offscreen by the guy Hitsugaya defeated before he fell.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I thought they just got imagined out of existence.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Loving these Kissmanga comments:

quote:

a fat kawaii nigga, now i have seen everything

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Voted Worst Mom posted:

That's Kenpachi, who would have also been a pretty awesome fight, assuming this guy could actually fight. Though I doubt he could so the imagination guy was probably better.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Tonfa posted:

Are the offscreen killed people anyone we've actually seen before, I can't remember anything about this series

There was foreshadowing for one of the Quincy using some power on Renji which heavily implied he would do something because of how much time he spent "observing" him. That is now a complete red herring and a waste of time. :v:

And the unnamed old Quincy who went toe to toe with Kyoraku and actually took out his eye is apparently completely outclassed now.

Mulderman posted:

Pretty sure this was a case of the editors telling Kubo to get on with it already.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zogundar posted:

There was foreshadowing for one of the Quincy using some power on Renji which heavily implied he would do something because of how much time he spent "observing" him. That is now a complete red herring and a waste of time. :v:

And the unnamed old Quincy who went toe to toe with Kyoraku and actually took out his eye is apparently completely outclassed now.

To be fair, is there anyone who actually wants Renji to reappear, let alone be relevant?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mulderman posted:

Pretty sure this was a case of the editors telling Kubo to get on with itget it on already. :heysexy:

Fixed that for you.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Zogundar posted:

Is that what you took from those scenarios? Kyouraku was distracted, by the Yamamoto fight if I'm not mistaken, and Old Glasses shot him in that exact moment, then apparently still couldn't finish him off. No reason to suspect he was anything special. And I think the "observation" was a literal one, as in not referring to an ability (admittedly Kubo loves doing this in his characters' speech) but to how he was sitting there watching Renji expecting him to do something for so long.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Maybe we'll get a final surprise of a stitched together Yamamoto zombie.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I don't think I'm getting the page with Hisagi and Byakua. Did Hisagi get mind controlled by Pepe (is Pepe the "L" sternritter?) but he doesn't know he's mind-controlled?

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Fhqwhgads posted:

I don't think I'm getting the page with Hisagi and Byakua. Did Hisagi get mind controlled by Pepe (is Pepe the "L" sternritter?) but he doesn't know he's mind-controlled?

Yes. Hisagi's last line is "I just really wanted to for Pepe Sama's sake." He is also confused as hell about what he is doing.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Voted Worst Mom posted:

You forgot Pride.

Formerly: Holding his to his word even though it was going to get Rukia executed.

I really, really want Mayuri's coke nail to come up at some point because it's always there. There's got to be some ridiculous or absolutely mundane reason for it. Only one or the other.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I love Kubo trolling us again with "It looks like he's even picked up a few new tricks, too. drat.", implying that Byakuya has new moves that we won't even get to see.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Advice posted:

I love Kubo trolling us again with "It looks like he's even picked up a few new tricks, too. drat.", implying that Byakuya has new moves that we won't even get to see.

Isn't that referring to the fact he trained in the Soul Palace

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Kild posted:

Isn't that referring to the fact he trained in the Soul Palace

Yes, and as a result,

Advice posted:

Byakuya has new moves that we won't even get to see.

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

Thoren posted:

Maybe we'll get a final surprise of a stitched together Yamamoto zombie.

You're going to need a lot of needle and thread to fix that. He was obliterated out of existence when Ywach one shot him.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Scyantific posted:

Loving these Kissmanga comments:

quote:

a fat kawaii nigga, now i have seen everything

a nigga who lovin he own comrades. a shameful nigga

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So isnt this just Giselles power, except people arent zombies?

Underwhelming Kubo. I think by now 'I can get people to follow my orders' is the most common power.

Right up there or beyond 'I sword press good, yes'

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i'm surprised kubo would give matsumoto the axe, she's one of his favorite characters

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Lamebot posted:

i'm surprised kubo would give matsumoto the axe, she's one of his favorite characters

I'm pretty sure they'll all go back to normal eventually.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The_Frag_Man posted:

Through the power of ghost drugs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

The_Frag_Man posted:

I'm betting that's what Mayuri is working on...and I'm sure there's a catch to it

• Locked thread