Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Wenger is an old fool who should have retired this summer when he had a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
I hope you guys realise that calling the Falcao loan a £20m deal is pretty stupid. Loaned players are always paid wages, usually by the club they go on loan to. Falcao's happen to be £8m.

By the way, BBC are putting the fee at £6m. Maybe it's performance based or something.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Heskie posted:

Do you think Valdes would be backup? I can't help but think he'd be better than Mig who looks like he has about 2-3 mistakes a game in him.

Yeah Mignolet has got some serious deficiencies in his game and the talk of bringing in competition doesn't surprise me. He's one of the best shot stoppers in the league but his distribution is suspect and I don't like when he comes off his line.

chuggo is BACK posted:

Coates is going to Sunderland on loan, Suso is rumoured to be going to Milan but I'm not sure if that's permanent or loan, Borini to Inter I think and idk about Assaidi, maybe Stoke will finally pay for him

Yeah that would be a great loan move for Coates. I know there is a decent player in there but he's barely played these last few years so who knows where he's at now. Don't care where Borini goes but really want Suso to do well.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

The Big Taff Man posted:

GD sent me a PM and said that if I go hang out at Old Trafford and manage to get my arse out on Sky Sports News then he'll ban anyone who uses the phrase pooshited.

Hell, this

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Blue Star Error posted:

He's not very good is he

I don't know, he's played like four games over all these years but he's probably real bad

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Ewar Woowar posted:

Yeah that would be a great loan move for Coates. I know there is a decent player in there but he's barely played these last few years so who knows where he's at now. Don't care where Borini goes but really want Suso to do well.

Yeah hopefully Coates does well and we can sell him in a year. Wish they'd signed Borini though, 14m ffs

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gigi Galli posted:

Hell, this

Taff, mate....

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euroboy posted:

I don't know, he's played like four games over all these years but he's probably real bad

He hasn't looked very good in those four games.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

euroboy posted:

If he's the lad I'm thinking of I remember him playing a couple of games at left back and being a bit rubbish

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Blue Star Error posted:

If he's the lad I'm thinking of I remember him playing a couple of games at left back and being a bit rubbish

Yeah that's him.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

http://www.realmadrid.com/noticias/...ign=TwitterRRSS

Little Pea to Madrid is a DONE DEAL

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Yanic Wildschut to Middlesbrough Football Club is a done deal

I can safely say I have no idea who he his or where he plays. Neither the announcement on the official website nor the BBC article reveals which position he is.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/010914-wildschut-signs-1888989.aspx

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Blue Star Error posted:

He was so bad, they signed Monreal to replace him

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I will not meltdown, I will not meltdown

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Laugh it up, but I think Monreal has come good. He was consistently decent to even very good these last few times I've seen him. Arsenal really have more pressing problems like... everywhere else on the pitch ffs.

(meltdown in progress)

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Any sign yet?

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Raffles posted:

Yanic Wildschut to Middlesbrough Football Club is a done deal

I can safely say I have no idea who he his or where he plays. Neither the announcement on the official website nor the BBC article reveals which position he is.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/010914-wildschut-signs-1888989.aspx

He's pretty poo poo

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Adnar posted:

Any sign yet?

there's a few were lookin at at the moment... a couple quality players, can we get them in in time? its too soon to say

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

serious gaylord posted:

Taff, mate....

I dont know if I can pull this off. I'm gonna wander up there at about 6pm

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Big Taff Man posted:

You have my fives.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Wengy posted:

Laugh it up, but I think Monreal has come good. He was consistently decent to even very good these last few times I've seen him. Arsenal really have more pressing problems like... everywhere else on the pitch ffs.

(meltdown in progress)

He's a twink OP, he was exposed by Lukaku at Goodison last year as being a winger shunted to full back. Even as an obese 28 year old train conductor with ruined knees I know that when confronted with defending against a muscle bound alpha striker who has already come inside, you clip his heels/pull his shirt and take the free kick. You don't watch him go on his merry way to score then rinse and repeat. Debuchy knows the score.

pdog
May 7, 2013

The Big Taff Man posted:

Aren't the cameras at carrington, sorry I mean the AON SPORTING COMPLEX, instead of Old Trafford?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

pdog posted:

Aren't the cameras at carrington, sorry I mean the AON SPORTING COMPLEX, instead of Old Trafford?

IDK can someone watching Sky Sports News check. Carringtons a fair drive away

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

Lofty132 posted:

He's a twink OP, he was exposed by Lukaku at Goodison last year as being a winger shunted to full back. Even as an obese 28 year old train conductor with ruined knees I know that when confronted with defending against a muscle bound alpha striker who has already come inside, you clip his heels/pull his shirt and take the free kick. You don't watch him go on his merry way to score then rinse and repeat. Debuchy knows the score.

he's going to be playing back up cb at points this season op remember this

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Lofty132 posted:

You're preaching to the choir OP, I thought he was garbage last season, but imo he's improved a lot since then. Or maybe the entire team has just descended to his level lol wengy plz buy someone plz

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Bart Simpson to Zenit done deal.

https://twitter.com/TokeTheilade/status/506424312598122496/photo/1

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Seems Negredo is going to be allowed to leave for £24M. City won't sign a replacement they'll make Iheanacho the 4th striker should he be granted a work permit in October

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

ahhahah what the gently caress

didn't realize it wasn't the official twitter at first either and was sat here scratching my head over why V was in the background

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Young still makes the starting eleven, get your wallet out Glazers! :argh:

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Tbf that's probably a better defense that what they've been putting out there

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Gazprom release another Russian transfer deadline joke. They literally even own crappy fake transfer news now :(

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Machinegunboyo posted:

Big fan of transfer deadline day here

He's going to beg Gervinho to come back

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Gazprom release another Russian transfer deadline joke. They literally even own crappy fake transfer news now :(

Kos ...

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

get rid of young, move januszaj there put Carrick in and this is some big time win imo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lol we needed three players and we're not getting any. Not getting a defender is particularly shocking, but central midfield and striker are real bad too.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Why is anyone worrying, deadline day never gets interesting until about 8pm when rumours come out of nowhere

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

excuse me lady posted:

get rid of young, move januszaj there put Carrick in and this is some big time win imo

Like the 2/3 times we played Berbatov, Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez all at once. But more so.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Anyone know the deal with Taider, I remember Southamptons opener in which he seemed pretty drat good... his loan's been canceled and I know he had a falling out but dunno the details behind it.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Jelle Vossen to Middlesbrough Football Club is a DONE DEAL

Season long loan. #vossenisfree

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/010914-vossen-signs-for-boro-1890452.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

I loving love AVB

• Locked thread