Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol i don't even own a television

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Chinatown posted:

Who gives a poo poo.

No one hopefully. Saw a question and it took five seconds to explain why someone might know her over another blond white country singer.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

CharlestheHammer posted:

Unless you follow country music I am not sure why you would know who Carrie is.

Or you follow American Idol, I guess.

You could be a hockey fan!

Also, she's more pop than country and has a pretty drat good voice. It's almost like saying you don't know who Drake is because you don't listen to hip hop.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

While we are on Sunday Night Football chat

Faith Hill was neither particularly attractive not talented

*drops mic, walks outta thread with middle fingers in the air*

I love you Mel

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Not being attractive or talented is ok, I mean look at Pavement

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Aren't you guys this excited that your first MNF experience of the year will be a rematch of this outstanding game from last year?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331222008

I am excited to watch Detroit come out and let down the entire fan base on national television.

e: gently caress, reading that recap was depressing.

Dattserberg fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 4, 2014

ErectorBeast
Sep 19, 2010

"I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

Chinatown posted:

Who gives a poo poo.

edit:

for real though, I didn't recognize her at all but I know the name Carrie Underwood instantly, which I believe is the same boat that most of us shut-ins were all in

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Might be.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Might be.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Why do they even have a pre-game song? It's not like they run credits under it like a sitcom.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

How the gently caress am I going to get ready for football without a song about getting ready for football, you commie

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I know the name, but I couldn't tell you the names of the commentary guys from a game I just watched unless I recognized them from when they played, much less who sang the dumb intro.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
I wonder what Hank Williams Jr is doing right now.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

Butthead posted:

Preparing for the coming race war?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

He is getting ready for some football.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dattserberg posted:

You could be a hockey fan!

Also, she's more pop than country and has a pretty drat good voice. It's almost like saying you don't know who Drake is because you don't listen to hip hop.

I can see people who don't listen to hip hop not know who drake is.

Unless you see that sprite commercial.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@AlbertBreer
Big changes on the table in new drug program, per sources: 1) Higher threshold for marijuana test; 2) Removal of amphetamines from PED list.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Butthead posted:

Mr. Williams was killed when his mobile home, parked on a precarious incline and unable to bear the weight of all his rowdy friends, broke free of its moorings and plunged into a sinkhole.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Clearly the answer to the recognizability of whoever sings the Monday Night Song is to do it with someone with talent.

What I'm saying is, if you're going to go country, go Loretta Lynn.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

For some reason, the thought of Peyton Manning's head spontaneously blossoming into a beautiful bouquet of flowers strikes me as funny.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Get Hank Williams III to do it if you want to keep it in the family.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Chris James 2 posted:

@AlbertBreer
Big changes on the table in new drug program, per sources: 1) Higher threshold for marijuana test; 2) Removal of amphetamines from PED list.

both of those things Own

adderall prescriptions for everyone

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

@AlbertBreer

Who is this nfl :psyduck:

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

@AlbertBreer

Does this mean players will no longer be tested for Meth? Finally Ryan Mallett can unleash the dragon.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

@AlbertBreer

Allahu Akbar.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

HappyHelmet posted:

Does this mean players will no longer be tested for Meth? Finally Ryan Mallett can unleash the dragon.

Probably means it won't be categorized under PEDs but it'll still gently caress them over under substance abuse if they piss hot.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
a bittersweet victory, much like every cleveland victory. goodnight josh, you died so other, much less cool players could be high all the time.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
I sort of like the conspiracy theory that the NFL popped/faked this to keep Welker from playing this weekend and getting his brain (more) scrambled on national TV.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Would this help Josh Gordon in a potential law suit? They are basically admitting that they are wrong to suspend him for a year.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Petey posted:

I sort of like the conspiracy theory that the NFL popped/faked this to keep Welker from playing this weekend and getting his brain (more) scrambled on national TV.

Name one other time the NFL has actually cared about player safety.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

swickles posted:

Name one other time the NFL has actually cared about player safety.

Bounty Scandal.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
No one is mentioning the other side of this, though: In return the NFLPA is going to allow HGH testing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Petey posted:

Well we've seen how Peyton doesn't care about how many concussions you have and will kill your brain, just like he did to Austin Collie.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

Bounty Scandal.

I'd argue that wasn't really about "caring about player safety" so much as "having to do something because keeping the media from throwing a poo poo-fit was forcing their hand."

zimbomonkey posted:

No one is mentioning the other side of this, though: In return the NFLPA is going to allow HGH testing.

Weren't they already testing it, or was that what that amphetamine part was about? Pretty sure it's the 2nd thing, but my memory is hazy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

Let's continue to ignore it. That way this time next year when bigger names are suspended days before the season begins, it'll be more amazing and unexpected.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

No, the NFLPA never came to an agreement about HGH testing because they didn't want Goodell to have sole power over the test results- it was one of the key parts of the lockout that never really got resolved. Apparently the NFL's other drug-related policies are so harmful that the NFLPA has given up the pipe dream of making Roger Goodell accountable to anyone else.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Let's continue to ignore it. That way this time next year when bigger names are suspended days before the season begins, it'll be more amazing and unexpected.

The good news is that apparently they have to do a lot of preliminary testing to establish a baseline before they start handing out suspensions. It might take a few years and if they're prevalent enough you might not see too many people affected.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

HappyHelmet posted:

Finally Ryan Mallett can unleash the dragon.

You mean a deep pass, right? Right?! :ohdear:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Butthead posted:

Would this help Josh Gordon in a potential law suit? They are basically admitting that they are wrong to suspend him for a year.

I'm praying it does.

His Jersey, Helmet, etc are still in his locker in Berea fwiw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, exogenous HGH administration isn't like insulin where is possible to detect natural from non-natural sources. At least to my knowledge it isn't. So it would suck for a guy to get banned over an over-active pituitary gland, or even small tumor. So even if the NFLPA bows to this, its going to take years and a leap in medical science to prove definitively.

• Locked thread