Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Benne posted:

It'll be pretty funny if the Cardinals are the only ones to beat us at home again

The Cardinals WILL beat you. It will be very funny watching your clown car team get demolished by Carson Palmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

That's Pro-Bowl MVP Carson Palmer to you

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

excidium posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't most of the pre-season failure squarely on Ron Parker getting torched? Did Cooper/Smith really give up much?

I remember Smith being pretty bad too other than that interception he picked up against the Bengals, and honestly that whole situation with Parker starting went on so long I don't know if you can call it one of those motivation things. As in I'm worried that they actually like Ron Parker. Or dislike Smith. Either one isn't good.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

The Kraken posted:

Romo's 8-0 and Garrett's 0-8 every year as far as I'm concerned. poo poo kills me but it's thrilling when every god damned game is a toss-up

This was a few pages back but it is the truth and a good post.

8-8 forever.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ostentatious posted:

Well yeah, I didn't want to make it too obvious how clearly outmatched Seattle is by the Cardinals. I wanted to give them a glimmer of hope, you know, just to be sporting and all.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

You do realize you have your own Pro-Bowl MVP Matt Schaub to counter Palmer, right?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kirios posted:

You do realize you have your own Pro-Bowl MVP Matt Schaub to counter Palmer, right?

Dumping it off to Pro Bowl MVP Marcel Reece. Enjoy your 2 days of thinking the Seahawks are the best team in the NFL, everyone.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I can't think a more amazing way for the season to unfold then for Carson Palmer to be injured week one only to find out that Logan Thomas is a Cam styled wrecking machine who footballs himself to the first ever rookie QB Super Bowl win.

Logan Thomas would be so fun to watch if he weren't such a lovely quarterback.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Jaguars were the only team to score a rushing TD in Seattle last year :unsmith:. Sadly that means Bortles will have to wait 3 more years to beat the Seahawks because of how the scheduling works.

Unless they meet in the Superbowl, of course.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Volkerball posted:

Dumping it off to Pro Bowl MVP Marcel Reece. Enjoy your 2 days of thinking the Seahawks are the best team in the NFL, everyone.

If the past three years are any indication the winner of the home opener is the best team in football. They just don't win the Super Bowl :P

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

excidium posted:

Or it could be that he doesn't like 5'9" guys that can't play press for poo poo in their press-defense scheme and don't want to move inside (even though nickel is like 95% of what we play).

I've heard a lot of chiefs fans blame the colts comeback on Flowers injury. Was he that much of a liability?

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I've heard a lot of chiefs fans blame the colts comeback on Flowers injury. Was he that much of a liability?

In the Colts game he had TY Hilton on lockdown. Once he went out TY went off because the bigger dudes we had absolutely could not stick with him and Dunta Robinson couldn't run for poo poo so he got burnt as well. If Flowers would have stayed in it would have been a win.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I like Brandon Flowers

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So how bad are the Packers going to be this season?

on one hand, that's probably the hardest game on their schedule

on the other, they just got the poo poo absolutely kicked out of them and their defense was a dumpster fire.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Sorry I'm late:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Packers offense was able to put together some good drives, but they also had an average number of failed drives and mistakes, neither of which they could afford because their defense was so ineffective. The Packers defense looks to have regressed from Weak to Really Bad. The pass rush was reasonably good, but the Seahawks were reliably able to exploit blitzes by attacking, well, basically everything else the Packers put on the field, and the rare successes seemed to always get cancelled by penalties.

The Seattle offense looks like it's using the Super Bowl playbook, i.e. lots of Lynch up the middle and Harvin end-arounds, but now with some extra misdirection since Harvin's had time to actually practice. It's a good basic playbook, but it probably won't be as effective against respectable defenses. The Seattle defense looked great, of course.

People were talking about the crowd seeming subdued; that's probably just because Thursday draws a totally different crowd, but I also wouldn't be surprised if rich bandwagoners are outbidding better fans. Welcome to success.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
N: Just had my lower intestines removed and got a permanent stoma.

V: gently caress it. Woo, football's back.

E: While I'm poo poo posting, the Hawks are gonna repeat this season and I hate their fans in advance.

Jerome Agricola fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Sep 5, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

rjmccall posted:

The Packers offense was able to put together some good drives, but they also had an average number of failed drives and mistakes, neither of which they could afford because their defense was so ineffective. The Packers defense looks to have regressed from Weak to Really Bad.

The Packers have become the Cowboys!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Jerome Agricola posted:

N: Just had my lower intestines removed and got a permanent stoma.

V: gently caress it. Woo, football's back.

E: While I'm poo poo posting, the Hawks are gonna repeat this season and I hate their fans in advance.

Wait did you really? If you did sorry man. My buddy had that procedure in high school when an infection ate his lower intestine, that's some serious stuff to happen to a person.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

Fuckin'-A :colbert:

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Lessail posted:

who is going to beat the seahawks just one will cheer me up a lil :smith:

Someone just has to have the balls to give the Seahawks 15 away games a year.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Volkerball posted:

Haha what are you on about, they are the best team in the league

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 5, 2014

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

excidium posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't most of the pre-season failure squarely on Ron Parker getting torched? Did Cooper/Smith really give up much?

Cooper is our best corner now and he's still got a long way to go. Smith is hyper lovely and should have been cut instead.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Bound for street gif rules

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
N: Going to Lions-Giants, which will be my first ever MNF game.
V: Hyped, and glad to get it out of the way before the inevitable season collapse. Forward down the field.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Answer: Avoid him at all costs
Super easy to do when he stays on one side and covers Boykin all game.

Manning targeted his #1 WR Reggie Wayne once in a playoff game because of Revis.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Remember when Nnamdi on the Raiders got thrown at like 9 times all season because he never moved?

Rivers was responsible for like 5 of those passes.

Rivers is going to throw at Sherman.

:ohdear:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Nate Silver (his projection system, anyway) thinks the Falcons are the 25th best team in football. Woo, early draft pick!

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/nfl-week-1-elo-ratings/

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Remember when Nnamdi on the Raiders got thrown at like 9 times all season because he never moved?

Rivers was responsible for like 5 of those passes.

Rivers is going to throw at Sherman.

:ohdear:

Rogers didn't test Sherman once all night, which was so loving stupid. At least try when you have a top 5 QB drat.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Rogers didn't test Sherman once all night, which was so loving stupid. At least try when you have a top 5 QB drat.
I don't get this. Why throw to Jarrett Boykin and Richard Sherman when Jordy is being covered by Byron Maxwell?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

Cooper is our best corner now and he's still got a long way to go. Smith is hyper lovely and should have been cut instead.

Basically, Chiefs needs:

WR, OL, DBx3.

Yes, I left QB out. We have a QB we are stuck with and we have the future as our third stringer, noodle arm and all.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

tadashi posted:

Nate Silver (his projection system, anyway) thinks the Falcons are the 25th best team in football. Woo, early draft pick!

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/nfl-week-1-elo-ratings/

All four NFC North teams are ranked somewhere between 17-22 with the Packers having a slight edge over the rest of the field, but the other three being a crapshoot. This seems about right.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ozu posted:

I don't get this. Why throw to Jarrett Boykin and Richard Sherman when Jordy is being covered by Byron Maxwell?

Well I guess that begs the question why doesn't Pete put Sherman on the best receiver instead of sticking him on the left?

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Ozu posted:

If you never even look at the guy that Sherman is covering, the Seahawks can make a second-half adjustment and let both safeties help out Maxwell, leaving Jordy and Cobb pretty well covered.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Otto Skorzeny posted:

If you never even look at the guy that Sherman is covering, the Seahawks can make a second-half adjustment and let both safeties help out Maxwell, leaving Jordy and Cobb pretty well covered.

Yeah that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Otto Skorzeny posted:

A valid point. Rodgers should balance his tendencies more, although it was a fairly small sample size of 33 attempts.

• Locked thread