Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobsedgws
Jun 12, 2009
College Slice
Hey Skippy do you think you could show off what happens if the alcohol and gut gauges get full up, I know the booze meter does bad things to your ability to play the game but I have no idea about the enigma of the gut meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

King Vidiot posted:

I say for homework, everybody track down Grezzo 2 and play it between updates. There's even an English "translation" or patch or something, and since I don't speak Eye-talian I don't know if you have to have the regular game to use it, or if it's standalone or what... but I put the game and the translation in the same folder and it works, so there.

Grezzo 2 is a wonderful beast. I can't tell if it's racist or sexist, or where it stands politically but I can assure you that some part of you will be offended at some point when you play it. The main menu has you selecting options with a .gif of a fat naked Juggalo taking a piss. This is what you're greeted with, followed shortly by every selection you make giving you a different loud bodily function noise. And that's only the tiniest little tip of the iceberg, it gets so much better.

I have run into Grezzo 2 before, it didn't offend me so much as convince me that I did not want to play Grezzo 2 ever again.

I wasn't offended so much as repulsed.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Bobsedgws posted:

Hey Skippy do you think you could show off what happens if the alcohol and gut gauges get full up, I know the booze meter does bad things to your ability to play the game but I have no idea about the enigma of the gut meter.

I'll see what I can do! Unfortunately it's down to planning cause the only consumable food is a cow pie, so yr at the mercy of finding food in the levels.

Although if I can figure out how to mod the gut values... hmm...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

How do you kill a ghost dog?

Why, you shoot him down in the street while his gun's unloaded.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
If you need someone to do commentary with you, I'd be happy to. I currently live in NC and have family from southern Illinois.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Mycroft Holmes posted:

If you need someone to do commentary with you, I'd be happy to. I currently live in NC and have family from southern Illinois.

Speaking as a resident of rural Northern Illinois with several farmer relatives I can attest that Southern Illinoisans are cousin mating no good rednecks. You get to Peoria or anywhere south of Peoria and they talk like they woke up on the wrong side of a civil war and for good reason. Illinois was first settled along it's rivers by farmers from the southern US in a sort of south-to-north pattern. It was only later that northerner's started settling along the new railroad routes in an east-to-west pattern.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Goddammit Skippy, you missed yet another bowling ball <:mad:>

Bobsedgws
Jun 12, 2009
College Slice

Skippy Granola posted:

I'll see what I can do! Unfortunately it's down to planning cause the only consumable food is a cow pie, so yr at the mercy of finding food in the levels.

Has anyone ever told you you're the best? Cos you're the best.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Does this game have a melee attack or quick-melee like Duke did?

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Holy poo poo, goo goo clusters and moon pies are really easy to make at home!

Huh. I have a bad idea coming on...

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

AltaBrown posted:

Post pictures. That is all.

You're also the frontrunner for thread MVP, sir.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Hopefully I'll have something for Monday. I need to get the ingredients, and clean my kitchen. One of those is going to be a bigger job than the other.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Skippy Granola posted:

It's not a goon LP until you get the main character to poo poo himself.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Redneck Rampage: Crohn's Edition.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

AltaBrown posted:

Hopefully I'll have something for Monday. I need to get the ingredients, and clean my kitchen. One of those is going to be a bigger job than the other.
I'm pretty sure you don't need to grab moondust just to make moon pies. :v:

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

AltaBrown posted:

Post the recipes!!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, I figured since every level is part sewer there wouldn't be an actual sewer level. So naive.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Glazius posted:

Man, I figured since every level is part sewer there wouldn't be an actual sewer level. So naive.

Episode 6: Sewers. Recommended listening: The Shallow End of the Gene Pool by Austin Lounge Lizards (recommended by Bruceski)

You're so sharp you're liable to cut yourself. I want it on the record that the above video is Glazius' fault.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I think the fecal minions are shouting "cocaine!" instead of "poopie!" It sounds pretty clear when they're underwater.

Bobsedgws
Jun 12, 2009
College Slice
Oh man, shame that a full gut meter doesn't do anything, looked like you were moving a little slower but may just have been my imagination.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Skippy, that strike was magnificent :golfclap:

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
I hated that sewer level as a kid. I was so lost and turned around, I ended up just hitting noclip and getting to the exit that way. There were no online guides I could use back then, at least not that I thought of looking online.

Rabidredneck fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 6, 2014

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Rabidredneck posted:

I hated that sewer level as a kid. I was so lost and turned around, I ended up just hitting noclip and getting to the exit that way. There were no onine guides I could use back then, at least not that I thought of looking online.

That switch you have to peek through the centre to find pissed me off. There's no indication whatsoever.

Generally not a great level, imo.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
"Hey, let's make a complex water maze level, populated by only the most obnoxious enemy in the game! This is a great idea!"

God drat.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
I suspect you could have gotten to those secrets near the start after you played around with the water level.

Also - this map sucks. Nothing new at all!

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

berryjon posted:

I suspect you could have gotten to those secrets near the start after you played around with the water level.

Also - this map sucks. Nothing new at all!

Ahhhhhh you're probably right actually. I was in such a drat hurry to be done with the level I didn't even think of that.

But yes, I really didn't enjoy the sewers at all.

On the upside, the next level is actually the end of Act 1: The Outskirts.

After that we're headed right downtown where we'll meet the last new enemy of the game so uh yeah please don't let the sewers turn you off from watching the rest of the LP! I promise I'll have more awesome guests starting next time too PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME OH GOD.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Has anyone in the history of video games ever said to themselves "I sure do love these sewer mazes"?

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Aaaaand the mapping continues to be terrible. A sewer section where EVERYTHING looks the same? That can't POSSIBLY be a bad thing!

By the way, how many maps are in this game? Because I'm genuinely curious about what kind of quality the rest of it will be. How badly can you screw up urban areas? (Don't answer that.)

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

ponzicar posted:

Has anyone in the history of video games ever said to themselves "I sure do love these sewer mazes"?

First person mazes themselves aren't bad if they're made interesting and what not. But keeping them samey and with the worst enemy in the game, then well, gently caress that.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Just a quick update on Operation: Bake Like a Redneck

After spending last week feeling sorry for myself, I finally have (almost) all the ingredients assembled, and will commence baking tonight. I'll be doing the moon pies first as I forgott to get an important ingredient for the goo goo clusters.

Here is a teaser of the assembled ingredients:

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I see marshmallows, peanuts, butterscotch pieces and heavy cream. Absolutely nothing wrong can happen with those ingredients. Delectable gooieness awaits.

bodz5150
Jun 29, 2005

I'm the only muthafukin Jedi to defeat the muthafukin Emperor! Not even Yoda pulled that shit off! I'm tired of that bitch Skywalker gettin all the muthafukin credit!

Grimthwacker posted:

I see marshmallows, peanuts, butterscotch pieces and heavy cream. Absolutely nothing wrong can happen with those ingredients. Delectable gooieness awaits.

No. Nothing wrong can happen.

Don't look too closely at his shoes.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

bodz5150 posted:

I unfortunately see people like that all the time

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

All I could think watching the sewer level is how much a better fit it would be in Duke 3D. The level graphics looked a bit more like something from the urban D3D levels, and best of all, there's no poo poo demons in Duke 3D! :v:

bodz5150 posted:

oh god :gonk:

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

bodz5150 posted:

(Walker Cronkite voice) "Cankles."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'm feeling ill just looking at those ingredients.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Samovar posted:

I'm feeling ill just looking at those ingredients.

I am too, but in my case it's due to allergies. Stupid peanuts, ruining so many foods for me.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
What a strange country you live in, where cream comes in cartons and peanuts in cans.

I also want to mention the guy with the cankles, but I'm sure every country has their cankle offenders.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

klen dool posted:

What do you mean "put himself through" - Rage was excellent!

Rage was so bad that he was willing to have me as a guest commentator. It was THAT bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

paragon1 posted:

Rage was so bad that he was willing to have me as a guest commentator. It was THAT bad.

Like 3 times!

• Locked thread