Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Hellioning posted:

Not neccesarily but you always need it at some point, no but that's not what Caster Minion's post was implying, and yes but it makes things harder and I don't know why'd you would give that as advice to actual silvers.

His post doesn't say not to ever get it. In any case, as Libertine has noted, if the support is carrying then the ADC should get the sightstone. I've done it before and it worked out perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I am so god drat awful with Leona. I did hit level 7 this afternoon though. Sight Stone is fun and feels like way more warding then I ever need.

Please advise me on how not to suck with Leona. I go Q>E>Q>W>E>R. I start with the Heal on kill item with charges, and 2 hp pots, and buy a scrying trinket, but I'm thinking about the free ward because no one wards at my level so the scryer has never gotten me a ward kill. I build into basic boots first, then sight stone, then finish upgrading my starter item then I'm kind of lost.

Also, how do I signal to my partner to be ready to go in? Often I find myself in a 2v1 while my buddy auto attacks full hp minions

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Darth Windu posted:

His post doesn't say not to ever get it. In any case, as Libertine has noted, if the support is carrying then the ADC should get the sightstone. I've done it before and it worked out perfectly.

If you're running Annie/Ashe or something, sure, I guess.

Never sure how that would happen unless the Annie is significantly more skilled than the Ashe, though, and that'd basically never happen in solo que barring smurfs.

EDIT:

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I am so god drat awful with Leona. I did hit level 7 this afternoon though. Sight Stone is fun and feels like way more warding then I ever need.

Please advise me on how not to suck with Leona. I go Q>E>Q>W>E>R. I start with the Heal on kill item with charges, and 2 hp pots, and buy a scrying trinket, but I'm thinking about the free ward because no one wards at my level so the scryer has never gotten me a ward kill. I build into basic boots first, then sight stone, then finish upgrading my starter item then I'm kind of lost.

Also, how do I signal to my partner to be ready to go in? Often I find myself in a 2v1 while my buddy auto attacks full hp minions

Max W first. You need the extra resists not to die. I go Q>E>W, and then max R>W>Q>E. You should probably start with the ward trinket so you don't have no vision in the early laning phase. Sell it when you get sightstone and then buy red trinket. Even if you don't get a ward kill, knowing that they have no vision in an area is almost as good. After what you posted (which is about accurate) I'd build mobi boots and then build tanky. Randuin's, BVeil, whatever, depending on what enemies are doing well.

Pings! Pings are wonderful. Alt click on the enemy to inform your ADC 'I am going to go on them now please help kill.'

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 7, 2014

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Hellioning posted:

Max W first. You need the extra resists not to die. I go Q>E>W, and then max R>W>Q>E. You should probably start with the ward trinket so you don't have no vision in the early laning phase. Sell it when you get sightstone and then buy red trinket. Even if you don't get a ward kill, knowing that they have no vision in an area is almost as good. After what you posted (which is about accurate) I'd build mobi boots and then build tanky. Randuin's, BVeil, whatever, depending on what enemies are doing well.

Pings! Pings are wonderful. Alt click on the enemy to inform your ADC 'I am going to go on them now please help kill.'

Listen to this man. The Face of the Mount. line of support items, Sightstone, and Mobi/Magic Resist Boots will be always buy. Then you itemize defensively for the enemy team.

I'm crazy and like to rush Frozen Heart after the above three items if I can, but try to find the tank items that work for you.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Let me clarify:

You are karma in a lane with a terrible vayne.

You should go 2nd tier icepick > chalice and then either go codex or dcap items, which is more realistic given your gold when you first go back.

You can't rely on vayne to do easy stuff like getting cs so you do it for her after she proves herself incapable for 5 minutes straight. You also can't rely on vayne to properly harass or follow up so you do it for her by ignoring your utility for the moment (sightstone/censer/whatever) and going straight damage potential.

Vayne continually proves herself useless so you write her off at this point and transition to full AP mage, sightstone only being an item choice when the game is going poorly and there isn't a realistic chance of you being able to solo anyone, and farm to your hearts content (usually around 12-18 minutes).

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I think I'm going to stream only jungle Zyra (assuming I get jungle) for a while. Maybe that will get me to plat.
http://www.hitbox.tv/Ffoxface

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Rudager posted:

So for those following at home, I'm in Silver promo's again for I think the 6th time?

First game, our mid Kayle is AFK for the first 7 minutes :suicide:

Next game in the series. ADC Teemo!

loving kill me already :suicide:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Play the poo poo out of it, it doesn't happen a lot, but when the stars align you will dominate with that dumbass team. Make sure to pick something equally retarded but has a slight tinge of being viable (support hiemer).

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
I trust XxXPsyKoXxX the Mordekaiser to carry you (he has no ranked games as Morde on record).

edit: Why would you ever want to leave Urgot's Commandos anyway, that is a baller league name. I don't know what the OCE Goon Silver league is called but it's probably not as good!

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 7, 2014

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Bubble-T posted:

I trust XxXPsyKoXxX the Mordekaiser to carry you (he has no ranked games as Morde on record).

Don't worry, it's all good. LeagueSlayer1 is there, he slays in League! You can't lose!

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

my pog boyfriend posted:

Don't worry, it's all good. LeagueSlayer1 is there, he slays in League! You can't lose!

This game is terrible but LeagueSlayer1 is, in fact, Slaying the League early on.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Bubble-T posted:

edit: Why would you ever want to leave Urgot's Commandos anyway, that is a baller league name. I don't know what the OCE Goon Silver league is called but it's probably not as good!

That will be my one regret.

At least I still got one more loss up my sleeve

Rudager fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 7, 2014

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

If Fiora gets two kills early enough the game is already over, nobody can survive her bullshit when she snowballs. :unsmigghh:
So many bad Yasuo players are also the cockiest and most egotistical bastards. It's like Vayne syndrome but in mid/toplane instead.

edit: When I said go full damage support I meant get it after the sighstone because vision is never not useful. The point still stands that if you get a Mikael's and use it on your ADC at the right time, if they're bad they're going to just die for free and you just spent a long rear end cooldown item active on a 50 cs ADC 20 minutes into the game for no reason. This is especially in reference to people in low bronze that complain it is impossible to carry from support or carry themselves out of bronze because it is entirely possible if you are good enough, and if you are good enough but are stuck you might just not be using your skills in the best fashion, i.e. if your carry can't kill the enemy bronze players, you can just kill the enemies for them.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 7, 2014

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

curiousCat posted:

I think I'm going to stream only jungle Zyra (assuming I get jungle) for a while. Maybe that will get me to plat.
http://www.hitbox.tv/Ffoxface

I don't mind the furry poo poo as such but the anime catgirl animation is distracting as gently caress :catstare:

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

JerryLee posted:

I don't mind the furry poo poo as such but the anime catgirl animation is distracting as gently caress :catstare:

The reverb is a pretty bad distraction too.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Guess what guys!

Guess I got nothing better to do this afternoon then get back into a promo series.

So for this series we got, AFK Kayle, ADC Teemo, and raging jungle Riven.

Rudager fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 7, 2014

Legacyspy
Oct 25, 2008
I had a game earlier with a full AP trynd on my team, nashors, lich bane, hat and zhonyas. The rengar on my team bought and sold a zhonyas to pick up a rageblade. The game ended 29-29 when the enemy team engaged on us 5v3 and rengar and trynd came in the side and took and inhib then nexus. We had already got the nexus turrets earlier.

Pretty weird game over all. Trynd pushed really, really hard but got caught a fair amount and died. I think the only reason we managed to not get beat is that Rengar kept positioning himself to assassinate Jinx every time she went to clear a lane, so they never managed to group as 4 and push. His burst got high enough that he was literally able to kill Jinx in her spawn point.

And to hop on the support chat, that is how I play lulu. Spell thief, almost always ignite instead of exhaust. Stack AP (dcap,morellos,zhonya). I always get a sightstone but I'll often delay until after some AP.

Oh a tip for anyone starting spellthief, poke the enemy with your spells before minions spawn and you can often get enough gold (or even first blood) to recall and buy a mana pot and still make it to your buff to leash. The extra mana has often won me the lane.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Quick Q. Why does /mute all unignore users you had already ignored? That doesn't seem right. That's the opposite of what I want it to do.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

The Missing Link posted:

Quick Q. Why does /mute all unignore users you had already ignored? That doesn't seem right. That's the opposite of what I want it to do.
Because /mute both mutes and unmutes players, same with /ignore. I tend to click the speech bubble next to their summoner name rather than use the chat commands for this reason.

After trying Gnar for a few games this free week, I'm liking him more and more which I never expected from his preview. His kit feels fun and fluid (using Boomerang Throw mid-Hop is a bit buggy, though) and there seems to be no One True Build for items or skill order. Might be because he's still fairly new, but hey. I was gonna save up my IP for Azir since I love his aesthetics but I might drop it on Gnar instead since I'd probably just be terrible on ol' Pharaoh Dove.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Galio is clearly the best AP Support because his base damages are insane, is incredibly tanky with nearly no items and gets a nice set of CC wih his ulti and his extremely spammable Q.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Drone_Fragger posted:

Galio is clearly the best AP Support because his base damages are insane, is incredibly tanky with nearly no items and gets a nice set of CC wih his ulti and his extremely spammable Q.

He is easily the world's most annoying toplaner. After her builds a certain amount of AP, he will instantly clear the wave with two casts, can't be killed with his incredible shield, and can't be dove under the tower unless you want to eat poo poo.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Vermain posted:

He is easily the world's most annoying toplaner. After her builds a certain amount of AP, he will instantly clear the wave with two casts, can't be killed with his incredible shield, and can't be dove under the tower unless you want to eat poo poo.

Playing against Galio in top lane is a slow loss unless you repeatedly all-in him hard before he finishes Chalice. Once he has his shield going and a source of mana regen he's impossible to dislodge.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
He doesn't fare well against aggressive early AD top laners though. I know from experience that Aatrox shits all over his cereal.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Drone_Fragger posted:

Galio just kind of sucks as a support. He just gets bullied hard by the enemy ADC and their support because his early game is kind of weak unless he's in a solo lane where he can farm quickly to a chalice and rush some AP/tank items. He has no hard CC early unlike Velkoz who would do what Galio support does but better.

Stop picking Galio support, it's not the role for him. If you want to murder people with poke try Velkoz, Karma, or Zyra.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I finally had a good Leona game and man, it was fun as hell. If I went on someone they were gonna die. E->Q if they got away somehow I could time my R and then EQ again. Then I got Sheen and actually was kind of good in my own right.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I finally had a good Leona game and man, it was fun as hell. If I went on someone they were gonna die. E->Q if they got away somehow I could time my R and then EQ again. Then I got Sheen and actually was kind of good in my own right.

It's actually better to start fights with your ult. Less predictable, longer range, aoe. The stun zone is actually a lot more forgiving than it looks.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
How do people have their keybinds setup for abilities/items/trinkets/summoners? I currently have my abilities set to QWER, items 1-4, summoners D/F. But I am finding it really clunky to have the items on 1-4 for some reason.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Whatever you want them to be I have my abilities mapped to my mouse and items a row under QWER with a T and G thrown in there for whatever. But that's mostly cause I can't handle more than one or two active items.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I put my trinket on 2 so I can slide one finger down 2>W as lee sin to do insecs.
I have 1 bound to space bar because it's a lot easier to use poo poo like Bork and dfg in a busy fight with space bar.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Etrips posted:

How do people have their keybinds setup for abilities/items/trinkets/summoners? I currently have my abilities set to QWER, items 1-4, summoners D/F. But I am finding it really clunky to have the items on 1-4 for some reason.

I have:

code:
[1] [2] [3]
            [T]
[4] [C] [5]
T is for Trinket.
Generally I put Support Item in slot 1
Potions in slot 2 or C and later an active aura on some champions or a defensive item.
Slot C (is for Cleanse) is always for defensive active items like Crucible and QSS and Zhonya's and BoRK.
3 is always green wards or Sightstone.
4 is always pink wards or some super late game other active item.
5 is always boots and might as well be unbound, I don't ever use it.

I've been rolling like this forever. If you look at my match history the items are always in the exact same identical spot due to the bindings.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

The Missing Link posted:

Think of it as a toggle.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Okay, what the heck do you pick vs nidalee top lane and how do you play it because that's some bullshit laning.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Okay, what the heck do you pick vs nidalee top lane and how do you play it because that's some bullshit laning.

Fiora and enjoy your LP

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Would it be against the rules to say "first person who can PayPal me $0.88 gets a free mystery skin/champion"?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

AHH FUGH posted:

Would it be against the rules to say "first person who can PayPal me $0.88 gets a free mystery skin/champion"?

Well, said person needs to be on your friends list for two weeks.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Pantheon~

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Irelia too.

TheRevTastic
Jan 15, 2012

Etrips posted:

Mine would be

1 2 3
G
4 5 T

I mainly put actives on T that I use a lot, BoTRK usually goes on T if I have it then either sightstone or hyrdra. G is my trinket.

Then the basic QWER (also where my fingers are rested during a game, I used to have them rested on asdf which are right under the ability keyes but changed it up because it's faster to cast like that for me). Flash on F and Ignite/Exhaust/TP/Smite/Etc on D. Then I have my first button on my mouse on the side set to use CTRL because after breaking a finger way back made it difficult for me to use ctrl/alt when playing games, I usually move crouch from ctrl or what ever to c due to that in games like csgo etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

You ban her because she's broken as gently caress, and about the least fun lane to play against right now.

Gonna remind you, a 4 second cd execute skill that scales up to 333% ad.

• Locked thread