Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

you must be pretty sheltered if the contents of an average Asian supermarket surprise you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

bonestructure posted:

buy some korean five-packet ramen

the noodles are higher quality and taste better, but the seasoning packets on those are way strong. they are often kimchi flavored, but the aftertaste and breath you get is a lot stronger than what you would get from actual kimchi.

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
I learned that its ok to say oriental if youre referring to food but people are asian unless youre my grandma

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

my brain freezes when people call middle eastern folks 'oriental'

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

blacquethoven posted:

I learned that its ok to say oriental if youre referring to food but people are asian unless youre my grandma

you think the grandkid of paula deen would spring for an av

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
If you're ever going to h-mart

hallo spacedog posted:

Since miso soup and ramen broth are really different, I would highly recommend you look for these kits if you have a big Asian grocery near you. The H-Mart near me carries them and they're really good: Ramen Kits from Sun Ramen.
They're a little more expensive than instant ramen but a whole lot better, the noodles are fresh and tasty, and the broths are solid.
Also they're super easy to make.

Also was that a 99 ranch you went to? Pick up some little sheep hot pot base next time

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

That place looks like it would have had some musk melon icecream bars. You didn't get any and now you have to regret it forever.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Ekster posted:

my brain freezes when people call middle eastern folks 'oriental'

it just means east. even cyprus or turkey were considered the orient.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Since going out with my Chinese girlfriend, I have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely nothing that Chinese people won't eat. Well, everything except bats, pandas and Pekinese dogs.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
Take a stroll down the dried mushrooms isle and tell if it ain't the worst smelling poo poo in the world.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Tarkus posted:

Since going out with my Chinese girlfriend, I have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely nothing that Chinese people won't eat. Well, everything except bats, pandas and Pekinese dogs.

Have you had coagulated pig blood yet. Steamed pig brain too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tarkus posted:

Half of my family is Chinese and I can confirm this. Though bats are good luck, so eating would be taboo, pandas are way too illegal to eat (though I'm sure their livers sell for a fuckton) and Pekinese are not eating dogs.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
pick up some banana catsup and a couple cases of young frozen coconut meat.

and a few packs of milkfish to fry up, just don't choke on the bones.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Buy some chinese green tea, it tastes nice and it's good for you

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Hitler op.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

i always get the fish, it's alive at the back of the store so i figure it must be pretty fresh

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Asian Masseuses to stock your massage parlour. Goons like that sort of thing. :biotruths:

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

assorted animal dicks

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
Pickled rhizomes, mochi, and Thai iced tea.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
corm and squid jerky and a case of yebisu premium!!!

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
and almond crush pocky ^__________^

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
buy all the lobsters in the lobster tank and have them guard the principals office during spring break!

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

there are asian markets all over the place here and they own

they have live fish swimming in a tank and you just pick the one you want and they butcher and prep it right then and there for you

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

just got back from the asian supermarket. currently eating an ice cream sandwich (cheddar and corn ice cream in a hamburger bun)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ekster posted:

I'm the pig's head chilling in the freezer

btw bamboo shoots are great veggies

lotus roots are cool too

asian groceries are cool as hell, chicago's got a thai area and chinatown of course and the markets in both parts smell godawful but theres neat stuff there

also get kitchen knives at asian markets all the ones i use at work are from them, theyre cheap as hell and work as well as any other.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DicktheCat posted:

Meat buns. Melon bread.

melon bread isnt even melon flavored, i was so disappointed.
dont buy meat buns made at asian markets unless you like eating trash meat

OP is hilariously naive to be amazed at anything pictured.

The best thing to buy at asian markets is cleavers. Cleavers dont need to be 200 dollar german steel scalpels. A 5lb iron blunt rear end cleaver works just as well.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Sep 8, 2014

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Pork floss. Ask for it, it will be there.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

crispy seaweed (Tao Kae Noi)! it's even better than the usual seaweed snacks. has a ton more calories though because it's been deepfried.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

crispy seaweed (Tao Kae Noi)! it's even better than the usual seaweed snacks. has a ton more calories though because it's been deepfried.

Was going to suggest this, this poo poo owns.

Is it a ton of calories in general or a ton compared to other nori snacks? I swear I read the back and was impressed at the calories being now, but I am an American afterall.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

it's around two times more than other nori snacks. by weight the crispy seaweed has around the same calories as candy bars and 80% of the calories of stuff like potato chips. you usually eat way less of the nori snacks than other snack food though.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Its cabbage.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Its cabbage.

what

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Get these and see how many sichuan peppercorns you can eat at once. It's like sucking on a battery.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
whatever you buy, you have to eat it, and then post evidence here.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Kewpie mayo
Frozen edamame beans (shells on)
Mie Goreng noodles- original and satay

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
Buy a geoduck

SD87
Jun 7, 2011

nomadologique posted:

chinese style pork belly

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I buy pork belly there and use that to make my own bacon. I also stock up on condiments because they are 4 times cheaper than buying them in the "ethnic" isle at the grocery store.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
lol "the" asian supermarket

Ekster posted:

I'm the pig's head chilling in the freezer

so peaceful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

wake up officer !!!

• Locked thread