Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Neat, I already have a Warlock Helmet (at level 4) that looks more different (not a ton though) than anything I ever saw in Alpha/Beta.

[edit] Wow some cool yellow legs too! Like pants & boots!

Feenix fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
If any AusGoons are looking to run The Devil's Lair let me know, I was hoping to knock out that 'complete a strike with two other clan members' trophy early.

PSN: Shirkelton

ufarn
May 30, 2009
:siren:

To get the stuff you redeemed codes for, you need to go to you Bungie.net Profile -> Codes and "activate" each and every bloody one of them.

It's a total hassle, but there you go.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

sonicice posted:

I wish other players in my vicinity in the main city hub could call me a fag. Seems cool so far, and bravo to Bungie for no server problems.

Just got booted out of old russia for the first time with a network error. RIP.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

VanillaGorilla posted:

Just got booted out of old russia for the first time with a network error. RIP.

Do you remember the error code? What's your ISP/region?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

madsushi posted:

Don't remember the code - I'm on Comcast on the US East Coast (North Carolina). I was able to get right back in and it looks stable now.

edit: FYI, your game owns.

Also, don't forget that bounties are a major source of exp in the early game now (at least it seems like they're a bigger deal than in the beta). Once you hit 4 or so there's a bunch of intro bounties in the tower that bring you into explore mode and are worth a ton of rep and experience. Kinda feels like that's what you're "supposed" to do after the level 4 mission.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 9, 2014

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Amazon quit teasin me! :( been anticipating a confirmation email that my PS4 bundle has shipped and never got one.

You are now connected to Ritesh from Amazon.com
Me:Just wondering if the item has shipped yet and if the guaranteed delivery date of Tuesday the 9th is still on track, and if possible receive tracking information?
Ritesh:Hello, my name is Ritesh. I'll certainly try to help regarding your concern.
Me:Thank you!
For very irrational reasons i'm hoping to have the package by today. looks like my credit card has been charged but I have not yet received confirmation that the item has shipped.
Ritesh:The item has entered the shipping process and it will be going to ship within few hours and you will get the package by today only.
Me:Excellent!
Will there be a tracking # available ?
Ritesh:Yes you will get the tracking id within few hours with the confirmation email.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
Anyone know how to get the Digital Guardian Edition stuff on PS3? The only addon in the store is the Expansion Pass, which shows up as $35 if I add it to my cart. All of the other advice seems to be PS4 specific.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Just got done with close to 5 straight hours of solo story, with a bit of explore (what is its new name now?) mixed in. Had a couple disconnects with error code lion (upstate NY, Time Warner ISP) around 12:30 EDT, but other than that, smooth sailing.

Definitely seems like the difficulty was bumped a bit, which was good. Auto-rifles are still laser death cannons, but pulse rifles are actually decent now! I did not try hand cannons yet.

Did the first bit on the moon, and it's pretty. Now to get my kid ready for school, take a nap, then play all day! :woop:

Hats off to you Bungie folks who read this thread. Game shipped on time, is awesome, and the servers handled things almost flawlessly. Quite impressive.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

madsushi posted:

I've been kicked out of the Tower, code Beetle, and out of Russia, forget the code but it was a c word. I said a c word too, as I was in the middle of fighting a boss.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

SKY COQ posted:

I've been kicked out of the Tower, code Beetle, and out of Russia, forget the code but it was a c word. I said a c word too, as I was in the middle of fighting a boss.

Beetle is automatically reported/logged, and is a specific timeout, which is either server-side or client-side (and we'll figure out which from the logs). C-word is probably Centipede or Cattle. Both are logged too. Thanks!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lumpy posted:

Just got done with close to 5 straight hours of solo story, with a bit of explore (what is its new name now?)

Patrol.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
I can't seem to get the Digital Guardian content.

I'm playing the main game okay. If I go to my Bungie profile -> Codes, it doesn't show anything to redeem / activate.

On the PS4, it shows 'Cannot download' for items such as Vanguard Armory, Digital Content pack etc.

Help?!

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Mewcenary posted:

I can't seem to get the Digital Guardian content.

I'm playing the main game okay. If I go to my Bungie profile -> Codes, it doesn't show anything to redeem / activate.

On the PS4, it shows 'Cannot download' for items such as Vanguard Armory, Digital Content pack etc.

Help?!

Go to Settings -> PSN -> Restore Licences. That should allow you to download it or if it's already installed for it to show up in game.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The weapon upgrade system is genius, and it looks like low level weapons have more special properties than beta. I found a level 4 scout rifle that had an unlock that increases stability when it does damage, for example.

Also, the first set of intro pve bounties took me all the way from 4 to halfway through 6.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Spinmetal is either more plentiful, easier to see or (my suspicion) both.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Didn't get to play the beta so how am I skilling my warlock for pvp?

The Catalyst
Jan 29, 2003

I'm Mister Hundred and One.
Seems like bungie.net is getting hammered. Must be all the night owls logging in to update/view their accounts, grimoire cards, etc

ufarn
May 30, 2009

The Catalyst posted:

Seems like bungie.net is getting hammered. Must be all the night owls logging in to update/view their accounts, grimoire cards, etc

I'm a Euro goon who created a character when I got up this morning, just so I could manage the Bungie.net stuff, and yep, it's been slow as hell.

A lot can be done from the app, which tends to run smoother, though.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004

Javes posted:

Go to Settings -> PSN -> Restore Licences. That should allow you to download it or if it's already installed for it to show up in game.

That did it! Thanks :-)

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Flawless launch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My warlock is cool beans.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Fateo McMurray posted:

Flawless launch.

Yeah, I'm really surprised. Probably the biggest game launch in recent memory and very few problems.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
So you guys think this game won't just fall flat on its face in a few weeks?

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

I apologize if this has already been posted but for anyone else who purchased a digital copy of Destiny on the PS3 so they can also have access to the game on the PS4, Bungie updated their FAQ to say that it won't be available until at least "Wednesday 9/10 at 6pm PDT".

No clue for xbox players.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

bluegoon posted:

It's a ton of fun to play. Right now, my only real grip with it is that the narrative is fairly disjointed - but the gameplay is 100% sound and they nail all the fundamentals. It's a great game to play.

mostkillingest
Nov 21, 2002
Getting kicked constantly on my ps4. My Xbone does not kick me.

The Catalyst
Jan 29, 2003

I'm Mister Hundred and One.

bluegoon posted:

I foresee this little game being a crown jewel in the PS4s cap for a long long time.

As long as bungie keeps inventing interesting new enemies, guns, and galaxies full of DLC, people will keep buying. I can see this turning into WoW for PS4 gamers.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Do you not get crucible marks if you're not max level or something? I just won a game of control at level 7 and got squat.

edit: Yep, somehow missed that part of the patch notes, level 18.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Sep 9, 2014

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Do you not get crucible marks if you're not max level or something? I just won a game of control at level 7 and got squat.

"Vanguard and Crucible Marks are now accruable beginning at Level 18."

today's patch notes

Aries
Jun 6, 2006
Computer says no.
Getting kicked to the PS4 OS quite often with error CE-34878-0, bloody annoying.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

bluegoon posted:

Bungie know how to play the community like a fiddle. Regardless of what the game has to offer, this is a new flagship game for the PS4 - even though it's also available on X1.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

haha, they definitely beefed up the difficulty of the first strike. The snipers are fuckin' no joke.

edit: no seriously, don't even fuckin' go to House of Devils until you're 8+, it is retarded now.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Sep 9, 2014

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I aint joinin no clan but you psn/ps4 dudes can add CoolConsoleGuy for games. Also I play weird hours because im in korea.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Whoa Blade Dancer or whatever the melee hunter class is, is cool as hell. The super gives you two blades to go wild on dudes with.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Christ I love my XIM. Now I can effectively aim while retreating from swarms of thralls/vandals that used to murder the crap out of me unless I had a grenade or groundpound ready. I feel like I can play so much more aggressively than I did with a gamepad, too.

ComradePotato
Nov 7, 2010

Republicans posted:

Christ I love my XIM. Now I can effectively aim while retreating from swarms of thralls/vandals that used to murder the crap out of me unless I had a grenade or groundpound ready. I feel like I can play so much more aggressively than I did with a gamepad, too.

You're doing it all wrong. The XIM is used for teabagging pubbies in PvP and gaining a false air of superiority.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Jesus christ, been stuck on Devil Walker for like 30 minutes because literally everything is a 1 hit kill in this strike now.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Has anyone done the following things:

1. Received "an exclusive Ghost Shell, Player Ship, and Player Emblem" for purchasing Digital Guardian Edition.

2. Received any of the Playstation exclusive stuff.

3. Received the 2 shaders from the Redeem Code feature.

4. Joined a clan. Neither SA Goons nor There Will Be Goons have the Set Playstation Clan like they did in the beta. (I have played the game, I'm level 5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aloofa
Apr 24, 2010

Differo Cathedra posted:

I apologize if this has already been posted but for anyone else who purchased a digital copy of Destiny on the PS3 so they can also have access to the game on the PS4, Bungie updated their FAQ to say that it won't be available until at least "Wednesday 9/10 at 6pm PDT".

No clue for xbox players.

Glad I took today off to play this game on my pedestrian PS3. Oh well, it all carries over right?

• Locked thread