Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
How was Dandy not posted yet https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wefiends/dandy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNsYu761TrM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

20 hours, 15k to go...

R.I.P.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Suspicious Dish posted:

Copying the one marketing decision that Apple publicly said was a giant mistake? Really Nintendo?

To be fair, in Apple's case it was because the 'new' was the third one and then there was gonna be a fourth one and it just confused everyone. The New 3DS and New 3DSXL will be the only 3DS line revision before the 4DS or whatever, it's much clearer.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I think it will be called the DS One.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I want to know what happened with the DS attachment thing that was supposed to have all those extra buttons and sticks on it. Does that not still exist, and can it not be used?

I'm still pissed off at Nintendo for basically releasing two incomplete consoles and updating them both, whether through software or hardware, at a later date. Wii U at least fixed itself in that regard. The 3DS needs an entirely new 3DS to not be a flaming pile of garbage in several important design aspects that people were ok with at the time, not knowing that they would soon actually need those things. These are decisions you're supposed to make BEFORE releasing a console, not as an afterthought. They had to be aware of the limitations of the system and the 3D viewing already, so why did they wait three years after release to change it? Unless they're planning to stick with the 3DS for a double generation, there's no justifying a 3DS 1.5 This Time It's Really Good Please Buy It.

Cheez fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 9, 2014

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
The thing is that the hardware team that made the 3DS isn't going to do nothing for a year, and they aren't going to fire them. Accessories and that sort of thing haven't really worked out sales-wise, so they just shove another console down the pipeline. So you can bet that right after the 3DS ships, they're working on R&D and design for a new system.

Nintendo's business strategy has never been to support a console for a long time and make sure it's solid. They ship one piece of hardware, and then they're done with it. This might now change when they actually merged the ten different hardware R&D departments into one, and put the OS and hardware teams on the same floor in the same sort of cubicle space, but it's a slight chance.

And hey, maybe this will finally be the console with third-parhahahahahahahahah nope.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I just really miss the old days where there were multiple versions of Nintendo portables, but none of the changes were actually significant. The original game boy also lasted like 7-ish years before anyone decided to make an improved version, if I recall.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Suspicious Dish posted:

The thing is that the hardware team that made the 3DS isn't going to do nothing for a year, and they aren't going to fire them. Accessories and that sort of thing haven't really worked out sales-wise, so they just shove another console down the pipeline. So you can bet that right after the 3DS ships, they're working on R&D and design for a new system.

Nintendo's business strategy has never been to support a console for a long time and make sure it's solid. They ship one piece of hardware, and then they're done with it. This might now change when they actually merged the ten different hardware R&D departments into one, and put the OS and hardware teams on the same floor in the same sort of cubicle space, but it's a slight chance.

And hey, maybe this will finally be the console with third-parhahahahahahahahah nope.

The 3DS has plenty of third party support.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Cheez posted:

I just really miss the old days where there were multiple versions of Nintendo portables, but none of the changes were actually significant. The original game boy also lasted like 7-ish years before anyone decided to make an improved version, if I recall.

They've changed their strategy to release limited edition versions of the same handheld for every game release now because nerds will pay 200$ for a Triforce or Smash brothers logo painted on their 3ds

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Blister posted:

They've changed their strategy to release limited edition versions of the same handheld for every game release now because nerds will pay 200$ for a Triforce or Smash brothers logo painted on their 3ds

Isn't this why the New 3DS is going to have removable faceplates? Instead of having to buy the limited edition solid gold Triforce edition console they can just buy the limited edition solid gold Triforce edition faceplates and stick them on their existing console.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

floofyscorp posted:

Isn't this why the New 3DS is going to have removable faceplates? Instead of having to buy the limited edition solid gold Triforce edition console they can just buy the limited edition solid gold Triforce edition faceplates and stick them on their existing console.

The new hardware is the justification for people to buy another 3ds after figuring out they've been rebuying the same handheld with a new paintjob for years. Developers aren't going to risk making games that won't work with the original 3ds and it's extremely large customer base for a niche audience, so it's just another fancy paintjob.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blister posted:

The new hardware is the justification for people to buy another 3ds after figuring out they've been rebuying the same handheld with a new paintjob for years. Developers aren't going to risk making games that won't work with the original 3ds and it's extremely large customer base for a niche audience, so it's just another fancy paintjob.

Xenoblade 3DS for example ...

(Maybe you should do some basic reading on a subject before making entirely incorrect pronouncements on it)

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Sep 9, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The quality of the New 3DS can be decided by one simple factor: Can it play games and music at the same time?

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Kickstarter Gaming - The New 3DS Thread

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

The New3DS also doubles the battery life of the original, apparently, so there's that.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Xenoblade 3DS for example ...

(Maybe you should do some basic reading on a subject before making entirely incorrect pronouncements on it)

"Developers" obviously doesn't include first-party developers you doink. Of course Nintendo is idiotic with their software/hardware strategy.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Guess what made it to Steam

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Someone in the discussion forum admitted to donating $2,500 to that thing to "help him imagine what it would be like to be a girl", and that he had to save up for months afterward to recoup the money. He also claimed to be the one who paid $7,500 for the top tier Skullgirls Indiegogo reward where he got to fly out and network with the developers or some poo poo.

Money well spent?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I can't click that link right now, you're not talking about the Juju guy, are you?

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Hah, the reviews for that are so amazing.

quote:

Overall, there are better (and free!) VNs or games in general with fetishes that are more well played out than this game that you can jerk off too. I still recommend this game. It's a disgusting waste of $25 but if you want to show your friends how much you love buying them trash and you have the disposable income, you should buy this for them.

quote:

Fetishy trash told through 8th grade art with a script I can only assume was written by Stephanie Meyer and anatomy proportioned by high school virgins. Highly reccomended.

That hatoful boyfriend thing it recommended from the page is also a gold mine of reviews.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I could probably write a better script for that with my eyes closed. (Granted, I can touchtype reasonably well, so that's not saying much.) Of course, mine would end with the protagonist spiraling into dysphoria and depression and probably committing suicide, sarcastic yay!

Octo1
May 7, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haggardgames/death-to-spies-3

They're giving Death to Spies 3 another try, this time on Kickstarter. I hope it gets funded this time (it probably won't!)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Octo1 posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haggardgames/death-to-spies-3

They're giving Death to Spies 3 another try, this time on Kickstarter. I hope it gets funded this time (it probably won't!)

Now this is how you warn your fellow goons! Still 100+ Early Bird slots left!

As for what the game is, it's Soviet Hitman set during and after WW2. The first two games were quite fun.

See? Hitman!

Don't you want to poison, electrocute and throw fascist and imperialist pigdogs down wells?

You can switch between three characters during some missions, making them work together as a tag team! This is Innovation!

vvvv Well, it's an early build and the game is made by six people, so the graphics are probably going to be modestly last-gen no matter what. I haven't played the demo yet, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 10, 2014

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
I'm torn. I really liked the first two Death to Spies games, but the gameplay video on the Kickstarter page looks pretty bad.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
I hope it gets funded. But I'm not throwing my money at it :|

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

I hate Valve a little more every day.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

DoctorTristan posted:

I hate Valve a little more every day.

Pretty sure that's not even close to being the worst thing on Steam.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
About a month ago I asked the 1979 Revolution guys if there would be any news soon since there's been no real news in forever. The said there would be in a week or two and nothing since then. I'm more or less gonna consider my pledge through their website lost money now. :\

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

tl;dr: it doesn't prove or disprove the complaints he had about specific interpreters but it sure as gently caress proves he's a hot-tempered manchild who can't manage his own affairs or play nice with others.
A fair assessment. It's hard to gauge the veracity of the translation allegations but regardless of the results of the trial, the emails paint him in a negative light.

Unfortunately, the trial has been postponed. I was curious if it would vindicate either side.

Trial Update #2 - September 10, 2014 posted:

Having waited nine months to clear our names in court, we now learn that John's lawyer is using delay tactics to push the trial date further out. He claims that he has not received all relevant documents from our lawyer (a problem he could easily have fixed over the last three months). The court has granted a reprieve of one month, and will name a revised trial date sometime soon.

This is disappointing, but not too surprising. John's lawyer has been slow-walking the case from the very beginning.

So we wait. Another month of living with John's libel. At the very least, it will give us time to present more of the evidence against John, including some items not likely to be presented in court. Stay tuned.
http://versusjs.blogspot.jp/2014/09/trial-update-2.html

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The best part of Steam is that you can look to see who owns that game and then avoid them.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Never gonna work, it'll be the new Bad Rats.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

Maybe eventually, but it's like $25. The reason Bad Ratsing people worked is because it was super loving cheap.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Maybe eventually, but it's like $25. The reason Bad Ratsing people worked is because it was super loving cheap.

Yeah, I might spend $5 or maybe even $10 to send someone a terrible gag gift, but $25 is a bit steep for that kind of thing. At that price point I'd rather send an actual good game; at least then it wouldn't feel like a huge waste of money since people would get some actual enjoyment out of it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The White Dragon posted:

I don't want to live in a world where people mastebate to Bad Rats.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
In the vein of yet-another-block-sandbox-game, I just found out about Oort Online, by Wonderstruck Games.

Oort Online website posted:

Explore a vast universe of connected worlds. Build an empire with friends, and defend it against your enemies. Make your mark in Oort Online.

Whether you are a seasoned hunter, a weathered explorer, a shrewd trader or a natural born fighter, there is a place for you in the massive connected universe that makes up Oort Online. Watch the sunrise on one world before hunting down epic Titans on another. Explore caverns on your own or raid temples with your guild. Mine, trade or fight Protectors for resources and search for elusive Oort Stones. Build a shop and trade your treasures, or create a Portal and expand your reach in the universe of Oort Online.

Oort Online is a massively multiplayer game set in a sandbox universe of connected voxel worlds. We want you to be a big part of the development process. We've provided a discussion forum, comments section and expanding FAQ and we're going to give backers a system to vote on upcoming features. Developed by a team of games industry veterans, Oort Online is available for instant access and pre-purchase today. Read on to explore the features of Oort Online.

Their engine looks nice and the team isn't new to game development, but I'm concerned that they're trying to go the MMO route and doing funding on their own website.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Popular User Defined Tags: Horror

:golfclap: Well done Steam Community, well done.

e:

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
A 2nd Darkest Dungeon Demo video from PAX.

Joining the others that wished to have shelled out extra for early access. Bought my brother a copy instead :(.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

About a month ago I asked the 1979 Revolution guys if there would be any news soon since there's been no real news in forever. The said there would be in a week or two and nothing since then. I'm more or less gonna consider my pledge through their website lost money now. :\

Their Facebook and Twitter claims "Some exciting news coming soon!". Both were posted yesterday.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Bieeardo posted:

A mildly talented teenager aping Edward Gorey instead of Jhonen Vasquez, at that.

It actually reminds me of John/Don Kenn Mortensen. Yes, THIS guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

One hell of an early start curve, but I'm not exactly getting optimistic about Stretch Goals or anything here. (Also man the KickTraq algorithm needs work)

Right now they need $2500 a day to succeed and it looks like they got about $1000 yesterday, here's hoping there's a decent second wind push.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Sep 11, 2014