Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Just make a Tinyurl of this the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
No don't change the thread autism is still way too good.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
A Second Ban has hit the Gowby. :911:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
So now that he got banned from League, can I ask what the story behind the Gowby name was? I always wanted to, but there never seemed to be a good time for it.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
League of Legends: 9/10-Where were you when the Gowby fell?

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
On a non-gowby note, I just witnessed a Garen go 10/0/8 and hard carry our team, 1v4ing several times, despite laning against Rumble and our team being 4v5 for the second half of the match (mid disconnected at level 12). How the gently caress :riot:

Also before she disconnected, Cassiopeia was claiming Tear has no cooldown for charging now. Anyone else seen this bug?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Unfortunately, due to your behaviors you probably should have received a permanent ban. We won't be reverting this one.
holy poo poo thank god i refreshed this before bed im crying it hurts so bad

Angry Walrus posted:

League of Legends: 9/10-Where were you when the Gowby fell?

this absolutely has to be the next thread title

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Wait. Did he get perma'd?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
League of Legends: The second ban has hit the Gowby

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
Just going to throw this out there but in the process of making Vladimir's Tides of Blood affect spell vamp for consistency Riot managed to mess it up somehow. The maximum spell vamp you can achieve on him before the change was 73%, through WotA, Hextech Gunblade, another revolver, Spirit Visage, plus vamp runes and masteries. With the change to his E, somehow 32% bonus healing multiplier turns that 73% into 114%, which seems a bit higher than what Riot probably intended. I tried it in a normal and it was absolutely insane; even though I was considerably behind mid-game, once I got my build rolling I became unkillable and finished nearly every teamfight with full health.

Gnar ult interaction with J4's cataclysm is a pretty sick combo, btw.

fibblins fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 11, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

^^^^ Riot not thinking something through? Surely you jest.

Bubble-T posted:

On a non-gowby note, I just witnessed a Garen go 10/0/8 and hard carry our team, 1v4ing several times, despite laning against Rumble and our team being 4v5 for the second half of the match (mid disconnected at level 12). How the gently caress :riot:

Also before she disconnected, Cassiopeia was claiming Tear has no cooldown for charging now. Anyone else seen this bug?

I just went in and checked tear's cooldown in a bot game with Cassiopeia, and the cooldown seemed to be working normally. Could they have perhaps confused the green swirls from her passive with the tear charge visual? I did notice my chat was being spammed with missing unit messages, though.

God I hate this Cass rework so much. Her poisons are a complete joke, which is flat out wrong for arguably the poison champion, and her game plan all but revolving around E spam is not remotely fun. If I wanted to play Ryze I'd play Ryze. If she is viable it will literally only be from jacked up numbers which would get nerfed immediately and leave her way worse off than she was before. They need to stop messing with Brackhar's designs, because he was the only one at Riot who knew what he was doing. This whole thing smacks of someone coming up with a solution they're in love with and trying to invent a problem for it to badly or not at all solve. If they're this attached to the passive they're trying to shoe horn onto her despite it not fitting at all, they should put it on Veigar.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 11, 2014

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I don't understand how that's possible but I did play a game of Vlad in ARAM last night where I was a straight up unkillable god and that would actually explain a lot.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Let it Gowby

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

chumbler posted:

I just went in and checked tear's cooldown in a bot game with Cassiopeia, and the cooldown seemed to be working normally. Could they have perhaps confused the green swirls from her passive with the tear charge visual? I did notice my chat was being spammed with missing unit messages, though.

Checking the replay it seems to be working normally so you're probably correct.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I just finally finished my first placements ever, in any season. Got silver 1 :toot:

The game was hilarious, nobody banned Trist and we somehow got her in the fourth round of picks. Between her player actually being good at her and the enemy team being seemingly primed to implode, it was pretty one-sided.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

JerryLee posted:

I just finally finished my first placements ever, in any season. Got silver 1 :toot:

The game was hilarious, nobody banned Trist and we somehow got her in the fourth round of picks. Between her player actually being good at her and the enemy team being seemingly primed to implode, it was pretty one-sided.

The easiest way to win a game, seriously. As long as your team doesn't 'flame' or 'troll' you're likely to win.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I cannot stop laughing this thread has ruined me for the night, I cannot do anything but cry tears of laughter

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Haven't been reading the forums..came in to see Gowby got banned and Lyte putting him on blast..hhahahahaha holy moly

Witters
Jan 14, 2008

If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.
Gowbyas Industries. As in, Gowbyas a new account.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
where's the loving chat logs lyte

christ

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lovechop posted:

where's the loving chat logs lyte

christ
Apologies, Lyte is with his waifu and has better things to do than shame gowby.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I'm surprised Tristana hasn't reached autoban status in the lower elos. She's the ADC equivalent of the Yi Zone, except it's even easier for her to reach it. Nope, better blow that last ban on Braum!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

When people pick braum I pick alistar and knock that pile of puke under tower when he tries to engage.

Edit: rip in pieces gowby, he died as he lived, a dumb idiot baby who kept pooping himself then sitting in the poop and smearing it on himself.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Typical Pubbie posted:

I'm surprised Tristana hasn't reached autoban status in the lower elos. She's the ADC equivalent of the Yi Zone, except it's even easier for her to reach it. Nope, better blow that last ban on Braum!

In low ELOs there's a high chance of Trist rocket jumping into her death before her team can initiate.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Don't play with tcjimbo Gowby.

Methanar posted:

Stop avoiding the question: Do you take out your league frustration's on your students. Either while marking their assignments (gently caress YOU TIMMY THIS IS FOR PICKING DARIUS) or just beating the children (HEY TIMMY WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT USING RED PEN, COME HERE)

Seriously, this guy is a teacher?! I think the reason why I am a very chill player is BECAUSE I'm a teacher and I'm used to keeping (man)children in line and giving constructive criticism. Also knowing when to not give said criticism and letting someone come to a conclusion on their own (because something you learn on your own makes more of an impact).

Does he teach Phys Ed or something?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 11, 2014

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Well, if you really are a teacher you learn to hate children.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
The night they drove old Gowby down.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Bholder posted:

Well, if you really are a teacher you learn to hate children.

You know what you sign up for, after all, you were a teenager yourself not so long before. If you start hating children and burn out, you probably picked the wrong profession or never learned to emotionally detach yourself from things.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Transient People posted:

So now that he got banned from League, can I ask what the story behind the Gowby name was? I always wanted to, but there never seemed to be a good time for it.

I'd like to know the answer too.

But this is nearly the best possible conclusion, if only we had chatlogs of him spouting all those racial slurs I know he loves.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
lol, owns

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

grats dude

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Verviticus posted:

grats dude

It was very cathartic to finally have a series out of D1. All of those +2s, -3s were wearing on me, man.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Sorry to rain on the parade but I have not actually been permanently banned.

And for what it is worth, though I do not expect people to believe me at this point, I've never purposely thrown a game in my life.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ya know, if you just bent the knee and admitted 100% and without reservation you are a complete moron who hosed up with no ifs, and our buts, most people would probably forgive you. The reason you're a laughing stock is because you keep trying to backpedal every time you do or say something stupid.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

AHH FUGH posted:

Ya know, if you just bent the knee and admitted 100% and without reservation you are a complete moron who hosed up with no ifs, and our buts, most people would probably forgive you. The reason you're a laughing stock is because you keep trying to backpedal every time you do or say something stupid.

I've apologized to goons before. It doesn't work. I won't go through that again.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
"Just let me get ascended I'm OP I promise" - Shaco sitting in a bush for 90% of the game

Please stop picking Shaco especially if you have no idea how to play him tia

Darth Windu posted:

I've apologized to goons before. It doesn't work. I won't go through that again.

"I didn't do anything wrong ban was unwarranted"

"I reviewed your case and really you should have been perma'd"

You need to stop being dumb if you want to be treated smart.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Windu posted:

Didn't you, like, admit to deliberately throwing games before, though? That means that either you were lying then or lying now, and given that lying then would serve no purpose other than to make yourself look like an rear end in a top hat, that doesn't seem likely.

Someone help me here, was the "innocently throwing games is bannable" or whatever comment actually something Gowby said?

Edit: Oh wow that's even worse than I thought. Yeah, see. At this point no one's going to take a thing Gowby says seriously, because he's firmly established himself as a liar.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Sep 11, 2014

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Darth Windu posted:

I've never purposely thrown a game in my life.

see the reason nobody believes you is that you're a massive liar

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Yes. I also lied about buying muramana on Ryze. Truly I am history's greatest monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
And you're still acting like you're the victim here. You're not. You've been a huge dick, and as is wont to happen to people who are huge dicks, you've been punished for it. This wouldn't be a big deal in and of itself but you keep lying and trying to claim that you didn't do anything wrong only for proof of your actions to be shoved in your face repeatedly, and yet you keep insisting that you're in the right and did nothing wrong. 90% of the derision here is because of your behavior after you received the tempban, not before; I know I wouldn't particularly care about another "a goon was an rear end in a top hat and got probated" story if that was all there was to it, but you are a major factor in keeping this the focus of the thread. You are bringing this upon yourself.

• Locked thread