Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

ShootaBoy posted:

I hate this thread and everyone in it. You guys cost me 2 days.

Only two? You got off light, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

ShootaBoy posted:

You guys cost me 2 days.
Sounds like you didn't try Mine Defense then.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Sindai posted:

Sounds like you didn't try Mine Defense then.

Not for very long, no. My hand was killing me after Wall Destroyer so I stopped after I hit magic. :sweatdrop:

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Is there a way to autoclick in Wall Destroyer while it runs in another tab? I've been using AHK, but I can't really do anything else on my computer while that's running.

e: Figured it out, had to pop it into the console. Thanks!

Grey Elephants fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 13, 2014

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Grey Elephants posted:

Is there a way to autoclick in Wall Destroyer while it runs in another tab? I've been using AHK, but I can't really do anything else on my computer while that's running.

http://pastebin.com/jFqdviYi

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
So this is really dumb, but these loving clicker games have gotten me interested enough in javascript that I've had moderate luck applying it to troubleshooting at work.

Hooray, it hasn't been a complete waste of time!

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Those last three upgrades are going to take ages, but at least I finally got to 2000 newspapers. I'm at 117 tredecillion angel investors, going to let the game sit a bit till I get at least another 400 tredecillion built up and push another reset, see if I can't get to 1 tretrigentillion a little bit faster.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

this is exactly where I'm at. Not enough angels to reset, not enough money to buy the next newspaper. Gonna be another 2 days till I buy all the papers though if my mental math is correct!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The new Mine Defense update is confusing. What does Hone Weapons do?

And how is it possible to ever afford Bomb Enemies? It costs 10sp mana for me and I produce less than 400Qa per second with all mages meditating.

EDIT: Oh, he made a thread on the reddit to ask the people who idle all week how much mana they make to set the cost. Of course.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 13, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sindai posted:

The new Mine Defense update is confusing. What does Hone Weapons do?

And how is it possible to ever afford Bomb Enemies? It costs 10sp mana for me and I produce less than 400Qa per second with all mages meditating.

EDIT: Oh, he made a thread on the reddit to ask the people who idle all week how much mana they make to set the cost. Of course.

I'm probably not much better than the redditors but I make a couple hundred Sx a second. 100 chrysalis with 400 meditating mages and a shitload of mage wisdom.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
Suck my dick, videogames.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

reach42 posted:

Now show the other half of the screen.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's weird how the Oil rig and Bank upgrades actually become cheaper than most of the others.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
How do I unlock Darkness Converters in Coin Collector? I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong, since I'm way past every other requirement for the Win Lock - Easy.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Maha posted:

How do I unlock Darkness Converters in Coin Collector? I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong, since I'm way past every other requirement for the Win Lock - Easy.

I don't remember off the top of my head but I was in the same position.

I think you just need to prestige a few times and spend your points on research.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

reach42 posted:

But do you have all the upgrades purchased, those count!

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

Baram posted:

Now show the other half of the screen.

I still have 3 upgrades to go :qq:

Time to reset and get more AI.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I don't remember off the top of my head but I was in the same position.

I think you just need to prestige a few times and spend your points on research.
Yeah, it's locked behind a few soft resets, which is dumb IMO, but that's how it is, I guess?

(did he ever release that update "early this [past] week" he said he would?)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
What triggers Spiders in Mine Defence? I'm still stuck on Goblins.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What triggers Spiders in Mine Defence? I'm still stuck on Goblins.

Ants. Lots and lots of ants. If you just follow the Oracle's advice, you should be able to unlock it without a fuss.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

reach42 posted:

Nice! The last three updates are pretty darn good, by the way:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Welp, was about to hit 2000 newspapers when my computer froze. Started things up again, and for some reason the music I'd turned off was now playing again after weeks of not doing so.

Turns out all my progress had been reset. Entirely. Guess that's as good a reason as any to quit "playing".

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

evilmiera posted:

Welp, was about to hit 2000 newspapers when my computer froze. Started things up again, and for some reason the music I'd turned off was now playing again after weeks of not doing so.

Turns out all my progress had been reset. Entirely. Guess that's as good a reason as any to quit "playing".

Wow. Yeah, that would be time to drop it and never ever ever think about it again.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
There's apparently an unlock at 250 Omega Locks in Coin Collector. That's not possible at all, is it?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Here's a pretty neat zerg-flavored idler: https://swarmsim.github.io/

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Maha posted:

There's apparently an unlock at 250 Omega Locks in Coin Collector. That's not possible at all, is it?
Just when I thought I was out you pull me back in! (Not really. Holding out for the big update.)

I got to 100 Omega Locks and that unlocked the Cookie. That took me most of a reset with everything up to the 10^100 fortune upgrades. I can't even imagine the clicking. That'd be up there wth 2500 Wizards, you know?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

evilmiera posted:

This just happened to me, except it was after a reboot. :sigh:

So close to finishing that game too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lprsti99 posted:

Here's a pretty neat zerg-flavored idler: https://swarmsim.github.io/

I'm still pretty early, but what is the point of cocoons?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

They're just to make sure you don't accidentally spend all your larva with the buy max button. Injects are by far the best way to get larva, but they rely on having a good bank built up. They're entirely free so I usually just stick 90% of my larva in there so I don't have to worry about it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Does something happen in Swarmsimeventually other than unlocking higher tiers of meat derivative units and territory creating units? The UI is possibly the slickest I've seen but it's really simple.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sindai posted:

Does something happen in Swarmsimeventually other than unlocking higher tiers of meat derivative units and territory creating units? The UI is possibly the slickest I've seen but it's really simple.

It's very new and also going to have saves reset soon because inject larvae completely dominates the game if used right and completely ruins it if used wrong.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

dis astranagant posted:

It's very new and also going to have saves reset soon because inject larvae completely dominates the game if used right and completely ruins it if used wrong.

So just like in Starcraft 2, then. :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

I probably used it wrong then because I didn't realize what it or cocoons did for a while, but how could it dominate the game? At most you can double a portion of what you've generated, but since larva generation increases exponentially it can't put you that far ahead.

You could save them up, but when would you use them?

Sindai fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 15, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I haven't figured out the exact timing but there are people on the subreddit resetting days old saves because they messed it up.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You save up the injections and then use them all at once when you have been idling for a while (ie when you're at work). Each injection doubles both larva and cocoons in addition to providing you with 1000 more. Since doubling is also an exponential function (think compounding interest) it would put you well ahead of where you "should" be in terms of larva resources, apparently outpacing any production made from expansions. This makes the territory side of the game completely obsolete.

Developer has been paying attention and has plans for modifying the use of Injections for the 0.2 version. He's also going to be resetting everybody's game at that time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh, I see. Yeah I screwed myself then.

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
Pressing the Goon button on the Swarm game crashed my browser... of course :D

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Just when I thought I was out you pull me back in! (Not really. Holding out for the big update.)

I got to 100 Omega Locks and that unlocked the Cookie. That took me most of a reset with everything up to the 10^100 fortune upgrades. I can't even imagine the clicking. That'd be up there wth 2500 Wizards, you know?

Wait, what 10^100 fortune upgrades? I'm at 100 locks too and the only e+100 thing I've ever seen is the Warp-Reality Converter Win Type Epsilon.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Coin Clicker is the most absurdly paced game. It's very slow and relies a ton on autoclicking until you reset for the first time, then suddenly you're just spamming upgrades until The White upgrade.

Is that where the game ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Carados posted:

Coin Clicker is the most absurdly paced game. It's very slow and relies a ton on autoclicking until you reset for the first time, then suddenly you're just spamming upgrades until The White upgrade.

Is that where the game ends?

There's starcoins for a long time after that but not much else.

• Locked thread