Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
All is trolls.

We already covered this, please read the thread again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Powercrazy posted:

You are literally shaking right now.

This is why SJWs are poo poo, also you know who was saying that the games girls play aren't real video games? Your SJW Ally Neuro-fag whatever his name is. But in your blind rage, you just assume whoever disagrees with you about anything is your enemy (everyone is your enemy even other SJWs) It's one of the reasons SJWs is such a good insult.

SJWs dont exist you're getting trolled dumbass

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my interests include land reform and hatsune miku.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
i want to cuck hatsune miku

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/09/a-ship-sailed-into-port-on-bias-controversy-and-my.html

"On August 16 of this year, we all watched a ship sail into port, and games journalists had absolutely no idea what to do about it. It’s not worth covering women’s personal lives, especially since no laws were broken, not even allegedly, but could it be worth pointing out that we don’t think people should receive death threats? Should we all take a firm stance against death and rape threats and harassment? That seems fair … but, hey now, we don’t want anybody to think we’re biased, so maybe we better just write up a quick policy about how “ethics” matter and, uh, does that seem like we’re capitulating to the death threats? Probably not, who cares, it’s fine.

Men I don’t know have been telling me for years now that I should be raped and/or killed for playing games, writing about games, and even for applying to get jobs and/or promotions within games journalism. Have they ever been “right”? Have they “made good points,” in between insults? Sure. Plenty of times, my detractors have made some good points. They often point out some error, some typo, some factual inconsistency … but then they extrapolate that to mean that I don’t deserve to be here, on this planet, alive. Does that mean I believe I should never be criticized? No. It’s a question of scale. And, you know, the whole bit where it doesn’t happen to my male colleagues. There’s that, too.

Some of my fellow colleagues in the field of games criticism and design decided to hang up their hats this week for a variety of reasons. They all happen to be women. I’ve seen a lot of passive voice used in response to these departures—“we’ve lost a great voice,” for example, as though this were about losing the rights to the usage of a mascot. As though being a “great voice”—underpaid, underappreciated, and thoroughly unsupported—would be enough on its own. As though the design and coverage of games is done by talking heads on a roster of colorful characters.

It’s easy to blame harassment campaigns on the literal harassers, to take a firm stance against harassment—a stance no one could ever argue against, by the way. Institutions have failed, as well. Twitter has failed, by continuing to not give a crap about how many burner accounts 4chan sends down its pipeline. Local police forces have failed, by not yet knowing how to deal with online harassment and threats. Games journalism failed, too, as it has continued to fail, by responding to accusations of “corruption” and “bias” by promising to be even more objective, as objective as possible, in the future.

I don’t mind “disclosing” that I often meet people and I often write. Sometimes meeting an artist, even just reading a personal blog post or a tweet they’ve written, changes how folks feel about their work—for the worse, or for the better. Of course, you can meet people, too; you don’t need some journalist to do it for you. Game developers are at PAX. They’re at Gaymer X. They’re at the Boston Festival of Indie Games. They’re human beings. They exist in the world. They make things, and your experience of those things will not be the same as mine. Your relationship to their work, and to them, won’t be the same as anyone else’s, either. All we can really do is try to write about what our own experiences with our lives and with art and with each other. You don’t have to read about mine if you don’t want to. But I can assure you: I will be honest. And that means that I will be biased.

I would guess most readers don’t understand what this story is really about, so I’ll lay it out as clearly as I can: the basic safety and mental health of women in the games industry. Maybe other publications haven’t made the issue feel accessible, choosing instead to focus on murky discussions of “ethics” and “cliques” and “bias,” ignoring the part where women live in fear and, often, leave the industry due to the fear that one of these faceless strangers might make good on a threat. It really only takes one. And there are thousands."

Powercrazy posted:

So since you can't tell which threats are real or not, and you receive hundreds per day, what is your response?
Live in fear every day?

rainy day posted:

i want to cuck hatsune miku
You're going to sleep with her bf, the president of Dominos Pizza?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2D_Votd2Y

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Sep 15, 2014

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Poland will have to wait, I am theory crafting a new Hearthstone deck

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

trying to piece together the connection here, do rape victims shake a lot or something
"Trigger" is a term that primarily applies to victims of sexual assault who experience PTSD. It's used loving flippantly here to mock "SJW"s. So again, the main method to mock people who think it sucks to poo poo on minorities is to call them an SJW, and the second most popular method is to mention triggering. It's a loving rape joke, and people think it's hilarious. It loving isn't.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I admit I don't really "get" Hatsune Miku.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

"Trigger" is a term that primarily applies to victims of sexual assault who experience PTSD. It's used loving flippantly here to mock "SJW"s. So again, the main method to mock people who think it sucks to poo poo on minorities is to call them an SJW, and the second most popular method is to mention triggering. It's a loving rape joke, and people think it's hilarious. It loving isn't.

Are there any other methods I should know about?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LividLiquid posted:

Would you say that you are livid atpit?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Would you say that you are livid atpit?

Thanks I've been waiting for someone to do this.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
smh if u dont think the latin allies deserve voting rights *image macro involving anime girls busting up laughing @ u*

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

LividLiquid posted:

it applies to anyone with ptsd just want you to actually make sense when u troll so i hope this post helps u

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 7, 2014

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Falsum posted:

Tbh I think he's trolling

Nah. It's too early for the puppet-master defense.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

boom boom boom posted:

I thought it was for people who had PTSD for any reason? Why is it specifaccly for victims of sexual assault?

because social justice, vietnam war veteran male cis scum doesn't count

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oedipus @PussyWrecker
Congrats me on marrying Jocasta!

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Actually, no one is ever trolling.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
@marcanthony Before, O conscript fathers, I say those things concerning the republic which I think myself bound #phillipic

@marcanthony to say at the present time, I will explain to you briefly the cause of my departure from #phillipic

@marcanthony and of my return to the city. When I hoped that the republic was at last recalled to #phillipic

Dec 26, 2012

i have ptsd from the gamer war. saw too many bad posts and too many bad posters and this thread is triggering me

Dec 26, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Oedipus @PussyWrecker
Congrats me on marrying Jocasta!

<0edipus> sup motherfuckers

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

01011001 posted:

i have ptsd from the gamer war. saw too many bad posts and too many bad posters and this thread is triggering me

if you say you're being triggered it means you were raped

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol if your family fought in vietnam like a loser

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If you're out of real arguments, I'm out. Feminism is awesome. Multiculturalism is awesome. Your only argument against is that it's "gay," basically, which is meaningless dogshit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

paranoid randroid posted:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

If you're out of real arguments, I'm out. Feminism is awesome. Multiculturalism is awesome. Your only argument against is that it's "gay," basically, which is meaningless dogshit.

RIP LividLiquid, he argued for 10 pages and nobody knew what the gently caress he was talking about

Dec 26, 2012

Don Tacorleone posted:

if you say you're being triggered it means you were raped

i was, in the figurative sense, by the posts.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

LividLiquid posted:

There were real arguments in this thread???

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

LividLiquid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsX5ao7HRGI

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 7, 2014

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

01011001 posted:

i was, in the figurative sense, by the posts.

you were asking for it though

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LividLiquid posted:

Source your quotes.

Dec 26, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

see you later, guy nobody wanted to hear from

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Thanks for linking this song.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
yw

Dec 26, 2012

this i s pretty cool

Lightanchor