Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
Did anybody say Cops yet?

Because....

Cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

SrgMagnum posted:

Did anybody say Cops yet?

Because....

Cops.

Whoah...:psyboom:

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

SrgMagnum posted:

Did anybody say Cop Rock yet?

Because....

I bet you are all musical bastards.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Got a summons for jury duty.

:downsgun:

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

GunForumMeme posted:

Got a summons for jury duty.

:downsgun:

I hope you get picked! You'll be my hero.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
Oh sure guys, make the officer who volunteered to stay after working 10 hours your runner because you think it's funny. drat SWAT bastards :mad:
11 hours of OT later

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
What do you do if you are in the midst of the most violent poo poo of your life and you get a hot call? I'm talking about naked in the bathroom stall prayin to jesus to get this demon out of you type of poo poo.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
You can't interrupt an exorcism halfway through. Granny could be getting mugged right outside the station and I'd have no choice but to finish expelling said evil prior to engaging in any law enforcement heroics.

That's for you young hard-chargers to figure out though. I'm retired now, I can poop in peace.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I nearly got killed a couple years ago while my lieutenant was taking a poo poo about a quarter mile away. He eventually showed but I'd handled up by then. I don't blame anybody :shrug:

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!
So I got tased last week. Can't say that I recommend it.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

beanieson posted:

I nearly got killed a couple years ago while my lieutenant was taking a poo poo about a quarter mile away.

Jesus, what did he eat?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Snowdens Secret posted:

Jesus, what did he eat?

:golfclap:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Snowdens Secret posted:

Jesus, what did he eat?

:eyepop:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Murphys Stache posted:

So I got tased last week. Can't say that I recommend it.

I'll take a good tasering over OC spray any day of the week.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
:australia:

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
You know, an MRAP could have forded that.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Fukin A right it could have

:911:

E:
:911::911::911::911:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

oi i taped a plastic sheet over the grill thatll keep water out of the intake roit m8?

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

That picture is from the qld floods a few years ago from memory. Good times.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
So, Bernard, should this Scotland thing go south do you think we could get something going with some smuggled legally appropriated cases of Laphroaig?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
invade scotland make them the 51st state.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

GunForumMeme posted:

So, Bernard, should this Scotland thing go south do you think we could get something going with some smuggled legally appropriated cases of Laphroaig?

Let's hope so, I loving love that stuff, although I can't promise I won't just move over to Japanese whisky when Hadrians wall goes up again.

We can always blackmail the Scottish populous by with-holding shipments of Bucky. Without the smack from Folkstone or the Bucky from Devon that country will literally fall apart.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

invade scotland make them the 51st state.

Don't even joke about things like that. It's getting mighty tense about here. Mind boggles what might follow on Friday after the results come out. Guess who is working Nightshifts this weekend...

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Was my phone background on the fourth. American Classic.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Chartley, come and work for the MET, every Scot I know in the job is a Sergeant at least. When the civil war starts north of the border you can come and join me in London with a nice overfunded and bloated police force, Romanian strip clubs and hipster bars with £9 a pint 'craft' beer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Branis posted:

annex scotland make them the 51st state.

No need to invade. We welcome their addition with open arms. We'll toss in Puerto Rico as well unless Nova Scotia wants to come along to balance out the flag.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Just realized the fire house has a hidden giant man cave room with huge double wide lazy boy chairs. That plus the 60" TV is pretty nice.

Should have been a fire fighter.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Chartley, come and work for the MET, every Scot I know in the job is a Sergeant at least. When the civil war starts north of the border you can come and join me in London with a nice overfunded and bloated police force, Romanian strip clubs and hipster bars with £9 a pint 'craft' beer.

Who knows what's going to happen. The catch is I like the way we work and the legislation we have to do our jobs.

We have plenty of amazing pubs where I live (note not work). I'm in the largest city etc. Moving may happen but it's grand for now. Although, is it a guaranteed promotion?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
In all honesty PACE is a loving joke and from what I hear you have a lot more 'common sense' legislation north of the border but judging by the vast quantity of Scot Sergeants and Inspectors I've met who have moved down from Scotland I think it's safe to say that your training better prepares you and that promotion boards are fond of the general bullshit free attitude you get in Scotland. I've been in to a custody suite before where 4 of the 6 Sergeants on duty are filthy jocks and so is the Governor.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

What are the differences between Municipal Police and County Police? Someone at my work is trying to get me to apply to Municipal with them and I'm not entirely believeing their spiel (4 year patrol but after that it's all office paperwork). It's Chula Vista Municipal in San Diego if that makes any difference.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Untagged posted:

Should have been a fire fighter.

loving october thread title right there

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

beanieson posted:

loving october thread title right there

loving every months title right there

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

In all honesty PACE is a loving joke and from what I hear you have a lot more 'common sense' legislation north of the border but judging by the vast quantity of Scot Sergeants and Inspectors I've met who have moved down from Scotland I think it's safe to say that your training better prepares you and that promotion boards are fond of the general bullshit free attitude you get in Scotland. I've been in to a custody suite before where 4 of the 6 Sergeants on duty are filthy jocks and so is the Governor.

Pace seems stinking to work with. Don't know if I could be bothered dealing with the hot potato of race and racism. It's really not a major thing up here. Sectarian religious stuff mind you...

I'll keep it on the maybe pile. Have always enjoyed visiting London but the lower pay and cost of living increase is a big nasty element.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

DrakeriderCa posted:

loving every months title right there

Sitting around, lifting weights, eating chili, taking one fire call a month.

THIS IS WHAT FIREMEN ACTUALLY DO

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

beanieson posted:

Sitting around, lifting weights, eating chili, taking one fire call a month.

THIS IS WHAT FIREMEN ACTUALLY DO

Last year I was at a call where the fire brigade (aka red death) also attended. It was a Saturday early evening and we were running from call to call. One of the fireys complained to me that he still had shampoo in his hair as when they got the call he had just finished up at the gym and was about to go for dinner after a shower.

I didn't hide my displeasure well.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

chartley posted:

Last year I was at a call where the fire brigade (aka red death) also attended. It was a Saturday early evening and we were running from call to call. One of the fireys complained to me that he still had shampoo in his hair as when they got the call he had just finished up at the gym and was about to go for dinner after a shower.

I didn't hide my displeasure well.

Firemen.txt

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I watched a house burn down a few years ago while two firemen strained on a huge fuckoff wrench trying to open up the valve on a hydrant. A third fireman came over and explained they were tightening, not loosening the valve :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I don't know every time I see the fire department in action they always save the foundation.

• Locked thread