Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
loves you

john 3:16

for god so loved the world, that he gave his only son, so that you may have life (this is from my memory)

basically... well. its complicated. the wages of sin are death (or so they say). and back in the OT (olde testemante) this meant just dying. but now all of a sudden there is an afgterlife? anyway nbd just make sure you ask jesus for forgiveness for your sins. he took the pain of everyones sin when he died and through him God can see you as you were ment to be.

now there are a couple of schools of thought., the prominent being calvinism and armenism. calvinism is basically, god planned everything (including fifty cent and goatse) and if he wants you to be saved, you get fuckin saved god drat it. its a classic pre-destination. free will is an illusion blah blah blahd
aemrinismes is basiclaly like what most peope think by defualt. you;re born lovely and you choose to get saved. apparently this is BAD becvause that means that YOU did something, you chose to walk into church and you did something and it goes against the idea that people are 100% (not 99.999999999%) sinful and that humans CANNOT POSSIBLY do anything AT ALL to move themselvs towards god and the implication that you personally made a decision to follow christ well i guess you can see the problem

the bible ( the contemporary christian bible with 66 books) preaches both points and for a chrsitisna its lkiek why for a non christian (a nomry) its easy its becausr the bible is made up poo poo from deluded mega faggots but dont tell the pope. although tbf this pope is a good pope. like good for humanity not just pro-wprthlessness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jus a wee reminder of what christ looks like in this day in age. well 10 years ago at least, when striped ties were in fahfsion

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

hmmmm

THE PLATFORM MASTER
Jun 3, 2008

echinopsis posted:

loves you

for god so loved the world, that he gave his only son, so that you may have life (this is from my memory)

basically... well. its complicated. the wages of sin are death (or so they say). and back in the OT (olde testemante) this meant just dying. but now all of a sudden there is an afgterlife? anyway nbd just make sure you ask jesus for forgiveness for your sins. he took the pain of everyones sin when he died and through him God can see you as you were ment to be.

now there are a couple of schools of thought., the prominent being calvinism and armenism. calvinism is basically, god planned everything (including fifty cent and goatse) and if he wants you to be saved, you get fuckin saved god drat it. its a classic pre-destination. free will is an illusion blah blah blahd
aemrinismes is basiclaly like what most peope think by defualt. you;re born lovely and you choose to get saved. apparently this is BAD becvause that means that YOU did something, you chose to walk into church and you did something and it goes against the idea that people are 100% (not 99.999999999%) sinful and that humans CANNOT POSSIBLY do anything AT ALL to move themselvs towards god and the implication that you personally made a decision to follow christ well i guess you can see the problem

the bible ( the contemporary christian bible with 66 books) preaches both points and for a chrsitisna its lkiek why for a non christian (a nomry) its easy its becausr the bible is made up poo poo from deluded mega faggots but dont tell the pope. although tbf this pope is a good pope. like good for humanity not just pro-wprthlessness

i agree

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
we should all try to live our lives as he did

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

focal ischemia posted:

you know if we all did though then all of a sudden nothing would get done ever

he was a fuckin snake oil salesman but it was his own oil and he was giving it away for free

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when i say oil i mean nothing but pure semene

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i guarantee that that dude did not touch those children in any inapproprtaite way but by gum he thought about it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"i could touch this children, inappropriately" he mused, while he sat staring at the mesmorising orange monitor in front of him. no harm, no foul, he concluded, as he touched only himself, much later on that evening

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
jesus christ

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

echo u should drop your rocket simulator and make games for the lord

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

you know if we all did though then all of a sudden nothing would get done ever

he was a fuckin snake oil salesman but it was his own oil and he was giving it away for free

i mean the whole unconditional love and acceptance and forgiveness of everyone and not having to follow the old testament thing, though he likely picked that up from the far east so i guess i'm saying we should all try to be like buddah.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

focal ischemia posted:

please do

in particular, the last few hours of it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

in my country home town the local church youth group tried to recruit th youth by offering free lan parties playing doom 95 and poo poo plus Jesus lessons.

I never went but one of the attendees once pulled a knife on me because he thought I slept with his girlfriend :smugmrgw:

Jesus heals

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

extreme religiosity in nz lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

extreme religiosity in nz lol

every single new zealander has has this experience but people here are hosed but america is like more fucekror

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

echinopsis posted:

loves you

isn't god omnipotent? couldn't he have just snapped his fingers and made everything better without needing to kill anyone?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sure in theory maybe but then what would he have worshipping him?

plus haven't you read the bible. he's a bit of a dick, lets be honest

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

jesus is gay

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

echinopsis posted:

sure in theory maybe but then what would he have worshipping him?

plus haven't you read the bible. he's a bit of a dick, lets be honest

i took a class in college called "near eastern mythology" that included bible stuff -- i suspect people would have been set on fire for putting bible stuff in a class named "mythology" if this hadn't been in the heathen northlands of america

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Widdiful posted:

jesus is gay

he probably dreamed of subjugating a women just like most men in his day (and most of his followers today)

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

good that were tackling these meaty computer issues itf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there are no meaty computer issues. just worthless mrons complaining over meangingless jargon. history will judge all computer workers as stoned out witches and burn them at the stake where they rightfully deserve to be

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

he probably dreamed of subjugating a women just like most men in his day (and most of his followers today)

jesus was the sickest PUA

kino escalating bitches left and right

I saved u lets go upstairs

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol if u didn't already know about q

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
man when you get into like real bible studies and education, its not very airy fairy. a lot of serious document analysis. i mean sure they always find a way to spirtually justify their conclusions but they generally do go with the documental evidence over previous doctrine.

when you've talked to smart education christmans you don't come to the conclusion that they are stupid, not by any means, but just severely deluded. usually in a more subtle way than those people who seem over the top christers

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
i had an atheist religion teacher in HS who was pursuing a doctorate in theology. he was cool and the class was all about document analyses

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kraftwerk singles posted:

i had an atheist religion teacher in HS who was pursuing a doctorate in theology. he was cool and the class was all about document analyses

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95540

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
jesus was black op

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
jesus is a cult leader and a conman

you have been had

HTH
HAND

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Pinball Wizard posted:

jesus was black op

black like of african descent? that seems unlikely

you know that picture that some scienhistorians did and said "jesus most likely looked like this, given everytthing we think we know about his life"? that picture was't black. it was like middle eastern wouild uui belibe

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
https://vimeo.com/74493721

He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see
He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity
He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity

Your god is dead and no one cares
If there is a hell I'll see you there

He flexed his muscles to keep his flock of sheep in line
He made a virus that would kill off all the swine
His perfect kingdom of killing, suffering and pain
Demands devotion atrocities done in his name

Drowning in his own hypocrisy
And if there is a hell I'll see you there
Burning with your god in humility
Will you die for this?

Vincent K. McMahon
Sep 13, 2014

by Ralp

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

kraftwerk singles posted:

that sounds neat, religious history is actually very interesting stuff when it's done with rigor

Vincent K. McMahon
Sep 13, 2014

by Ralp
dont you live in Christchurch echi, no wonder you graced us with this holy thread

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

echinopsis posted:

loves you

for god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have eternal life

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
did i get that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
he/she who snipes this thread is a gigantic heathen

• Locked thread