Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Joe Hockeys Scrote posted:

ha the guy who was apparently going to cut people's head off got busted for having a shia sword in his house

iSIS indeed

He probably had it for the Shia thrill of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

TheIllestVillain posted:

it's an ornamental zulfiqar sword, my grandmother had one mounted on the wall of her old flat way back when

it's probably the most shiite thing you can own other than a framed picture of ayatollah khomeini

sorry to break it to you but your grandma is a terrorist, she's faked her own death to go and fight for ISIS in afghanistan

but seriously - yeah it was, it had zulfiqar stuff written on it & was clearly ornamental

the fact that they're arresting people who are apparently affiliated with ISIS, and they've also kicked in the doors of someone who's obviously a devout shia, suggests that either they've launched raids on at least two different organisations, or are stupidly incompetent and just lump everyone together as a musso

i'm going for the second

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
poo poo does that mean because I have Herugrim in my house I need to march on Helm's Deep? I hate horses :(

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Les Affaires posted:

He probably had it for the Shia thrill of it.

cut this nonsense out, i ashura you it's not amusing anyone

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~
It's an UDDER CATastrophe

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
qom on, ayatollyah already to stop the puns

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
I will bodislam the next person who makes a bad pun.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
You guys know who do endlessly long, dumb pun chains?

Reddit.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Murodese posted:

Reddit.

Fine, let's talk about something else.

The weather was pretty sunni up in Brisbane today.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

What's it like being a Mens Rights Advocate

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Murodese posted:

Reddit.

Tell us more about the sexual escapades of "your friend".

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Murodese posted:

What's it like being a Mens Rights Advocate

Yeah, I hear reddit is a real Mecca for shitlords.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
they're shia puns and therefore erudite and wasted on kufur swine like you all

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

How did you just miss that opportunity to say "shiite puns"?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Hara al infic means poo poo on your nose in the Homs dialect.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

EDIT: Ignore this , I'm an idiot. Turns out it was protests against the police raids this morning.

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Sep 18, 2014

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Fruity Gordo posted:

Hara al infic means poo poo on your nose in the Homs dialect.

What about "up your nose with a rubber hose"?

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Les Affaires posted:

What about "up your nose with a rubber hose"?

burnun icinde lastik hortumla

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
ABC keep saying "It looks like we know why they raised the terror level!". In my mind I pretend that when I was younger the ABC would have pointed out that they raise it then chuck some trumped up theatre to justify it.

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010

Tasmantor posted:

ABC keep saying "It looks like we know why they raised the terror level!". In my mind I pretend that when I was younger the ABC would have pointed out that they raise it then chuck some trumped up theatre to justify it.
They already said they raised the terrorscope level because of what turned out to be the (utterly incompetent) terrorist attack on the warship in India.

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Tasmantor posted:

they definitely didn't for Gulf War Episode II: The Phantom Menace. At least, not until Bush started cracking jokes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Today was so loving weird, everyone at University was making Team America Muslim jokes and talking about how they're glad the boats have stopped. Weirdest conversations in a day thus far in my recent times.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

I wore hijab for a few months years ago and the change in behaviour from randoms was incredible.

Any reason in particular?

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
road testing a new religion to see which one would make her feel more marginalised

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

webmeister posted:

I dunno man

edit; Oh hey this isn't GBS. In all seriousness I think/hope most of the people at the front of the line will send it back to China, where boxed and sealed legit iPhones can go for $2-3000. Pretty decent profit for a night of sitting around in the cold.

Wait seriously? Faaaaaaaark.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

Today was so loving weird, everyone at University was making Team America Muslim jokes and talking about how they're glad the boats have stopped. Weirdest conversations in a day thus far in my recent times.

That's what you get for going to QUT.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

CrazyTolradi posted:

That's what you get for being in Australia.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

RE: phone chat: It's a shame we allow open trade with countries that exploit modern day slavery so that our own manufacturing industry, with its decent conditions for workers, is uncompetitive on a global scale. What's the alternative though? Become totally insular and isolated?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

SKY COQ posted:

Wait seriously? Faaaaaaaark.

My girlfriend is doing this and making 1.4k profit but she isn't buying that many. China must be stupid as gently caress because people are selling that 128gb gold model for 3-7k a pop.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Not subtle enough

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Nibbles! posted:

Not subtle enough

"1673 asylum seekers sent back to where they came from"

jfc, you might as well print "uppity nigs sent back to bongobongo land"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

TheIllestVillain posted:

"1673 asylum seekers sent back to die"

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Scott Morrison is bad

Drugs fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 19, 2014

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Nibbles! posted:

Not subtle enough

Wait doesn't this override his whole 'operational security' spiel and how giving exact numbers and figures would help the evil people smugglers?

I don't even :psyduck:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Nibbles! posted:

Not subtle enough

You owe me a new monitor, this one is covered in poo poo, vomit, tears and blood.

All out of the same orifice, but not the one you'd expect.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Nibbles! posted:

Not subtle enough

The Courier-Mail's front page with Morrison in front of George W's "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner is infinitely funnier.

Kegslayer posted:

Wait doesn't this override his whole 'operational security' spiel and how giving exact numbers and figures would help the evil people smugglers?

I don't even :psyduck:

12 months is apparently the statute of limitations for "on water matters", according to what he told the ABC today

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Nibbles! posted:

Not subtle enough

So why did they even bother with pretending to care about deaths at sea when they knew they could get away with being this open about their motivations?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

This is really just a convoluted way of calling Morrison a dead gay Admiral by depicting him as Nelson.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Note that they didn't even bother to put asylum seekers in inverted commas, so its just a flat out declaration that we sent people seeking asylum back to where they came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Nibbles! posted:

Note that they didn't even bother to put asylum seekers in inverted commas, so its just a flat out declaration that we sent people seeking asylum back to where they came from.

It could refer to those who were found to be not genuine refugees, or who returned home "voluntarily"

• Locked thread